Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

AFCN games this weekend

Cinci plays Cleveland in what should be a very cold and snowy stadium. They're without AJ Green and kind of slim at the RB position. RGIII is going to start for the Browns and hopefully he can make it through the game without injury. Any chance of an upset here?

Pitt travels to Buffalo where the forecast calls for 80% chance of snow and windy conditions. Nobody runs the ball better than Buffalo. Any chance of an upset here?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: AFCN games this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Cinci plays Cleveland in what should be a very cold and snowy stadium. They're without AJ Green and kind of slim at the RB position. RGIII is going to start for the Browns and hopefully he can make it through the game without injury. Any chance of an upset here?

Pitt travels to Buffalo where the forecast calls for 80% chance of snow and windy conditions. Nobody runs the ball better than Buffalo. Any chance of an upset here?
    IMO the Bengals could field only nine players (like a baseball team) and still defeat this beaten-up, torn and tattered wreck, called the Cleveland Browns. Keep in mind that last week they beat the (falling like a lead balloon) Eagles, but pummeled them 32 - 14 just the same. Cincy won't have trouble with the Browns. As for weather conditions, the Browns also play under them and have only scored 197 points all year.

Yes, I feel the Bills could upset the Steelers in Buffalo. The Bills may not exactly be playoff contenders, but they are a dangerous team. A Bills win would not totally surprise me... Bc

No to Cleveland. A Rusty injury prone QB going against a underachieving but talented front seven and secondary means trouble for Cleveland. 17-3 Bengals.

Yes. Buffalo is playing for their playoff lives. They will throw the kitchen sink at the Steelers. 17-14 Bills.

It's funny how the National media is stating the Steelers will run the table. This is as bad a road team as the Ravens. Losses to the Eagles, Dolphins and the 'woeful' Ravens are largely being ignored as nothing to see here.

Blog Entries

I pretty much feel the same. Heard a guy calling into SiriusNFL today and he was saying how the Browns were going to win because of weather. Last time I looked, Cinci plays in the same state so it's not like they aren't used to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    No to Cleveland. A Rusty injury prone QB going against a underachieving but talented front seven and secondary means trouble for Cleveland. 17-3 Bengals.

Yes. Buffalo is playing for their playoff lives. They will throw the kitchen sink at the Steelers. 17-14 Bills.

It's funny how the National media is stating the Steelers will run the table. This is as bad a road team as the Ravens. Losses to the Eagles, Dolphins and the 'woeful' Ravens are largely being ignored as nothing to see here.
    That Eagles loss was brutal too. That made for a fun early evening in the studio.

Slightly off topic since it's not AFCN ...but is an AFC contest relevant to the Ravens:

What do you folks think the chances are that Tennessee could beat Denver on Sunday in Nashville? If that were to happen, Denver drops to 8-5 and it brings up the possibility that they could miss the postseason. It's presently uncertain whether Siemian or Lynch will start for Denver.

Hypothetical situation: If the Steelers, Ravens, and Broncos were to all finish with the same W-L record, the defending champs could lose out on January ball. Of course, the AFCN winner would have to be determined first. But whichever team finishes 2nd in the AFCN could still beat out the Broncos on the conference record tiebreaker if they have the same W-L record. Currently Denver and Pittsburgh both have in-conference records of 5-3, and the Ravens are 7-2. Denver still has to play the Patriots, Chiefs (at Arrowhead), and Raiders. Just some food for thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Slightly off topic since it's not AFCN ...but is an AFC contest relevant to the Ravens:

What do you folks think the chances are that Tennessee could beat Denver on Sunday in Nashville? If that were to happen, Denver drops to 8-5 and it brings up the possibility that they could miss the postseason. It's presently uncertain whether Siemian or Lynch will start for Denver.

Hypothetical situation: If the Steelers, Ravens, and Broncos were to all finish with the same W-L record, the defending champs could lose out on January ball. Of course, the AFCN winner would have to be determined first. But whichever team finishes 2nd in the AFCN could still beat out the Broncos on the conference record tiebreaker if they have the same W-L record. Currently Denver and Pittsburgh both have in-conference records of 5-3, and the Ravens are 7-2. Denver still has to play the Patriots, Chiefs (at Arrowhead), and Raiders. Just some food for thought.
    I follow Titans and I say it depends on who plays QB for the Broncos. If Lynch plays, I think the Titans could win it. They're going to run the ball and run it some more and they'll score some points. Denver is 28th against the run.

Broncos aren't going to be able to win with 100 yds passing and defense like against the Jags IMO. I think Forsett will get into this game.

I'm kinda hoping for Cinci to win. If the Browns are going to pull out a win this season (and I don't see them pulling out more than 1 at this point), I want it to be over Pit.

Snow and wind could play a big advantage for Buffalo. Boswell is only 12 for 16 on the season, missed last week and didn't practice this week. His backup is a journeyman. Neither have particularly strong legs.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I'm kinda hoping for Cinci to win. If the Browns are going to pull out a win this season (and I don't see them pulling out more than 1 at this point), I want it to be over Pit.
    Plus a win for Cinci would give them a boost going into their next contest against the Steelers, and Ravens fans will certainly be rooting for Cinci that week.

Blog Entries

Some very good points to ponder. This may be an exciting finish after all.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

I follow Titans and I say it depends on who plays QB for the Broncos. If Lynch plays, I think the Titans could win it...
    We will find out who the Broncos QB is tomorrow :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mian-saturday/

BTW, the 6 - 6 Titans are no pushovers, and the game is in Tennessee ... Bc

Anybody know what games we're getting fed on TV here locally?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!