Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cool Ravens Versus Patriots Prediction Thread

After a HOT win today I just want to see early thoughts on the upcoming MNF Ravens vs Pats game. While I do not like to see any player hurt - Gronk being out is huge. December Playoff Joe may have arrived to become January Joe once again.

Ravens 24 Pats 21. We win by a Tucker.

Re: Ravens Versus Patriots Prediction Thread

It was definitely good to see the offense prove that it CAN be very dangerous when everyone is executing and on the same page. Whether or not the offense can play like that consistently remains to be seen. If it plays like that again vs. New England, the Ravens very much have a realistic shot to beat the Patriots.
    90% of the game is half mental

If this were at home, I'd feel a lot better. But this team is completely different on the road.

That said, the Ravens are one of those teams that plays to the level of the competition. Lose to trash teams like the Giants and Jets, but yet keep it very tight and close with teams like Dallas, Oakland, and beating Pitt. I favor the Patriots, but anything can happen.

I'd not put this game on my "best pick" list except for to watch. Like I mentioned in another thread a Pats fan quote struck me. He said a few injuries and the "Pats are an East-West Pop Gun offense'. And while I've watched the Pats establish themselves as fairly dominant in the AFC, I think the Ravens D would fair well against said "E-W pop gun". The injuries having made it do possibly. I heard the initial line in Vegas was -10. I did not check as my betting days are no more. But I'd love that number, and taking it a step further they could exceed just covering. Outright is not out of the question.

BB will get his team together most likely to compete in playoffs. But it's this transitory period I think they are most vulnerable. They are not undefeated, so we are beyond that mental block. Plus, I think Foxboro never really did mesmerized the Rats. (I like to call us what the opposition does at times). Hope we are their Rats, pissing in the breakfast cereal, giving the family dog a tummy ache with leavings, and noises late at night on Saturdays under chilly bleak skys...etc. Joe knows. He is no West Coast darling.
    Last edited by alienstar; 12-05-2016 at 04:43 AM.

We will be 8-5 on Tuesday morning

@RapSheet
    #Patriots WR Danny Amendola suffered a high-ankle sprain in the win vs #Rams, source said. Plan is to make sure he's ready for the playoffs.
    Bad for them, good for us.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I guarantee you more than one person in NE has a little fear in their heart in advance of playing us this week.

Blog Entries

If I'm bill b, I'm thinking that blount gets bottled up, and go heavy on short passes to Dion Lewis.

I sure hope peas has a crafty plan for disrupting the short quick pass.

And I sure hope the defense realizes they need to make sure tackles and limit YAC. They are small guys. Take them down/out.

Because if we make Brady beat us deep we have a shot.

Blog Entries

In fact if I'm peas I'm playing short and forcing Brady to go over the top.

Limit YAC has to be the #1 goal outside of direct pressure on Brady, preferably up the middle so he can't step up.

Make him go lateral.

FACT: Ravens are winless in Foxborough during regular season.
    FACT: Ravens are 2-2 in Foxborough during postseason.
    FACT: QB Tom Brady’s overall passing statistics versus Ravens are unimpressive.
    FACT: Ravens have never before had a late-season, regular season game in Foxborough with playoff implications.

OPINION: Since 2007, both regular season and postseason combined, with one notable exception (a regular-season blowout loss at home in 2013 when Flacco’s knee injury was too much to overcome), the Ravens should be undefeated versus the Patriots. Except for the 2013 meeting, all of the losses were close and involved critical Raven mistakes.

BAL 23
    NEP 20

CCx
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 12-05-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Things seem to be lining up for them to steal this game I didn't think they had a shot at a couple weeks ago.

Just going to have to be on their game in coverage and tackling. I don't see the Patriots walking down the field consistently based on their current offensive personnel and how the Ravens defense has played all year. The question to me is whether yesterday was an anomaly or it's how the Ravens offense is going to look the rest of the year.

The Ravens win this game. Use the middle of the field like they did with Miami and go up top with Wallace and Perriman. NE cant deal with this type of speed

At least for one game - the Ravens have figured out that Joe can effectively run a complete game offense from the shotgun (just like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady do) - with short and medium range passes over the middle, while occasionally running and taking a deep shot here and there. The BIG HOPE NOW is that they don't forget it.
    Last edited by Annapolis6686; 12-05-2016 at 09:11 AM.