Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

OT: Jim Harbaugh is A Whiny Little Girl

And that is an insult to little girls.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...state-buckeyes

(Sorry, there's no college forum, so I'll let the mods move this where it belongs. But given Captain Comeback's whiny history vs the Ravens, it is nice to know he still can't handle losing like a grown-up man.)
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Re: OT: Jim Harbaugh is A Whiny Little Girl

That's always been Jim's M.O. Of course it never applies to him. John Madden is in a committee with John Harbaugh. Madden says that John still complains about his brother being on the field in the huddle at one point with no call. All these years later and that still bugs John

I watched most of the game, and my only disappointment was their failure to show his reaction when the 4th and 1 call was upheld. It must have been epic. For the record, I agree that it looked to be short, but screw him.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I watched most of the game, and my only disappointment was their failure to show his reaction when the 4th and 1 call was upheld. It must have been epic. For the record, I agree that it looked to be short, but screw him.
    Hmm. It actually looked to me like he got it. The ball seemed to have just briefly hit the line-to-gain before the ball-carrier was knocked back. Very close. Certainly too close to be whining about IMO. If your sorry-assed team had tackled the guy on 3rd-and-9 when they had him dead to rights five yards behind the line of scrimmage, then that 4th down play isn't even an issue.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

When Ohio State missed the second field goal attempt I thought Michigan went way too conservative. They can only blame themselves they just couldn't close it out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Wisconsin lives. That's all I have to say.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I am not a Jim Harbaugh hater. That guy is a hell of a coach. Everywhere he has gone, he's turned the program around.

I can't blame him for being upset about this loss. It is their biggest game of the year and huge National Championship implications.

This was a hard fought game. A throwback. Lots of fantastic defense, hard hits, a few big plays, etc. in a time where teams are scoring 76 points (Pitt vs Cuse), I was glad to watch this game.

That said, the refs got this one wrong big time. JT Barrett was short. That wasn't a 1st down. His momentum was stopped short and he and the ball went backwards.

Michigan def got jobbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I love Jim Harbaugh. He made Colin Kaepernick and Alex Smith look like competent quarterbacks, for crying out loud. He knows offense, is aggressive and always has his team ready to play. Imagine what he could do with Flacco.

9. Re: OT: Jim Harbaugh is A Whiny Little Girl

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Hmm. It actually looked to me like he got it. The ball seemed to have just briefly hit the line-to-gain before the ball-carrier was knocked back. Very close. Certainly too close to be whining about IMO. If your sorry-assed team had tackled the guy on 3rd-and-9 when they had him dead to rights five yards behind the line of scrimmage, then that 4th down play isn't even an issue.
    Sorry-assed team, seriously? Have you seen any of the UMD football games this season? Thank goodness Navy is my alternate, local team to cheer on but many folks around here would kill for a Michigan-caliber team to root for!
    And FWIW, that 1st down call was very close, could easily have gone either way!

Yeah, Jim is a HELL of a coach. I can see why his antics rub people the wrong way but he's the type where you hate him if he's playing on the other side, but you love him if he's coaching your guys.

As for the 4th and 1 play, when it happened live I thought he was short. However, seeing the replay, the ball looked to have just barely touched the line to signal a first down. It was one of those where the call on the field was going to stand since there was nothing conclusive on the tape. Had they called it short on the field, it probably would have stood.

Looked to me like it could have gone either way. However, I thought he was right that OSU benefited from numerous other questionable calls or non-calls, so he had a point. And for the ref to say "It's a foul in basketball" - seriously?

Still, the game came down to, as HIH said, the play before when failing to make a tackle on 3d and long when UM had the RB dead to rights far behind the line and probably out of FG range but could not tackle him. You knew OSU was going to win after that play - everything was breaking their way.

Jim is a great coach overall but he's in some danger of developing a bad pattern in not getting UM over the hump. Michigan State punt play, last week versus Iowa, OSU the past few years.

Jim's a great coach indeed but his antics and juvenile behavior get in the way. He can't keep it in check. That's a huge knock.

He cost his team 15 yards yesterday on a scoring drive.

For all the hate our Harbaugh gets for supposedly costing games, it would be much worse with Jim at the helm.