Page 4 of 146 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    This. I saw in the other thread someone criticize Clinton for not saying what she was gonna do, but then saying Trump had a vision.

I don't find either candidate laid our their platform. So I would criticze both for that.
    As someone who has been following presidential politics since 1984, I can honestly say that this is the strangest election cycle I have ever seen. Probably the worst 2 candidates ever selected from.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    As someone who has been following presidential politics since 1984, I can honestly say that this is the strangest election cycle I have ever seen. Probably the worst 2 candidates ever selected from.
    Yeah it was really something. Debates turned into just personal issues while talking about the actual issues and it really clouded the whole thing.

It's kinda sad.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think there is anyway to simplify the tax code.
    Sure there is. Lower the tax rates and remove a lot of the deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Technically yes, but its rather flawed.

Since I stay home with the kids and do not have income, we do not qualify for either. I send my kids to day care three days a week and my father in law has terrible Parkinsons, requiring constant in home care.

I cannot claim the money spent on day care or anything on him because I am married and do not have income. In order to take the credit, I'd have to have earned income.
    But your wife could.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    But your wife could.
    Nope. The code requires for us to both be employed (i.e. have earned income) in order to take advantage of the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Sure there is. Lower the tax rates and remove a lot of the deductions.
    Which deductions? People like their deductions.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Which deductions? People like their deductions.
    I like my deductions but I'd trade them for lower rates an taking my money as I earn vs. waiting for them to give it back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I like my deductions but I'd trade them for lower rates an taking my money as I earn vs. waiting for them to give it back to me.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Good point.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    The best thing Trump can do is start off with a highway and infrastructure bill filled with pork to get the jobs and money flowing. Dems and Repugs could definitely get behind that
    i believe that was on the docket for both candidates, but that would be the best start. get some jobs out there, get people behind you. thats also why both were for it, because both were going to need it regardless.
    -JAB

Nope. The code requires for us to both be employed (i.e. have earned income) in order to take advantage of the credits.
    Or looking for a job. Or be in school.
    I mean do you really expect a tax break to pay for someone to watch your kids when you don't work at all?

If you haven't, I encourage you to look into what the conditions/requirements are WRT "employment".

With some creativity (w/in the bounds of the law), you may be able to earn wages from something like personal security consulting. Set up your LLC, track your expenses, and dip into your social circle to get a few clients. Such a "job" might not require much effort (i.e., not dramatically interfere with you running the household).
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver