Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    ive seen articles that say hes planning to, but im not sure if thats coming from him directly or simply expectations. I think Trump supporters filled in a lot of the blanks with their own wishes, not necessarily what he said, because he didnt really say much.

im all for conceal carry being national. Id much prefer people conceal than open and I think we shouldn't make it difficult to do so. hopefully he does do that, I think he has the potential to speak to gun owners and get across some of the sensible things democrats couldnt out of fear, but then again im not sure hes really for some of those either. I think the same article said something about mental health as well, so im on board with that one as well.
    Lmao

Soooooo fuqin accurate.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Not going to happen. Congress isn't going to vote to impose term limits on themselves.

Things I like.

• [B]a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
    • I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
    • Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent
    • Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

As you said wicked very ambitious. I don't see much or any of it happening though.
    There is already a deduction for child care, and elder dependent care.

The best thing Trump can do is start off with a highway and infrastructure bill filled with pork to get the jobs and money flowing. Dems and Repugs could definitely get behind that

Certainly, tweets like this will be deleted before his 100 days are up...?

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    The best thing Trump can do is start off with a highway and infrastructure bill filled with pork to get the jobs and money flowing. Dems and Repugs could definitely get behind that
    God please no.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post

There are two kinds of pols...

Ones that secretly love pork, and ones that hate pork that fattens up someone else's district.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Didn't realize there was. Maybe because I don't have children or elderly dependents.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    There are two kinds of pols...

Ones that secretly love pork, and ones that hate pork that fattens up someone else's district.
    True.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Technically yes, but its rather flawed.

Since I stay home with the kids and do not have income, we do not qualify for either. I send my kids to day care three days a week and my father in law has terrible Parkinsons, requiring constant in home care.

I cannot claim the money spent on day care or anything on him because I am married and do not have income. In order to take the credit, I'd have to have earned income.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    ive seen articles that say hes planning to, but im not sure if thats coming from him directly or simply expectations. I think Trump supporters filled in a lot of the blanks with their own wishes, not necessarily what he said, because he didnt really say much..
    This. I saw in the other thread someone criticize Clinton for not saying what she was gonna do, but then saying Trump had a vision.

I don't find either candidate laid our their platform. So I would criticze both for that.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Didn't realize there was. Maybe because I don't have children or elderly dependents.
    I guess they could expand it, but it does already exist.
    But I must say, I'd much rather simplify the tax code and reduce taxes than complicate it more to reduce taxes.

I guess they could expand it, but it does already exist.
    But I must say, I'd much rather simplify the tax code and reduce taxes than complicate it more to reduce taxes.
    Unfortunately I don't think there is anyway to simplify the tax code.