Page 105 of 146 FirstFirst ... 103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,260 of 1745

Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    What are your feelings regarding auto insurance? The government makes you buy it and fines you something like $175/day if you don't buy it.
    You only have to buy it if you own a car. Driving is a privilege. Obamacare forces people to have health insurance for simply being alive. Being alive is a right.

Also, why wouldn't people who don't buy health insurance be considered freeloaders if they then show up at an emergency room when they get sick, and the hospital has to eat the cost of their care?
    Some of them are freeloaders. And the hospital doesn't eat the cost, we do. Hospital's pass those costs on to those who can pay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You only have to buy it if you own a car. Driving is a privilege. Obamacare forces people to have health insurance for simply being alive. Being alive is a right.
    Because it is unlikely that you will be in a car accident if you don't drive. In the unlikely event that you are walking and get hit by a car, it is likely that the person driving would be held liable. Anyone can get sick, so if you don't have insurance, you will have to pay your health care bills out-of-pocket. In this country, health care bills can pile up very fast.

Some of them are freeloaders. And the hospital doesn't eat the cost, we do. Hospital's pass those costs on to those who can pay.
    I am aware that hospitals pass on the cost of treating uninsured people to those with insurance, thus contributing to the rise of health insurance premiums. Hence, my freeloader comment. Even a short stay of a few days in a hospital will run into multiple thousands of dollars of bills. An extremely small percentage of the people in this country have the means to cover the costs of the health care they will need without insurance, so the overwhelming majority of them will be freeloaders at some point.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

This is the field in which I work. It is true that a decent number of doctors do not accept Medicaid, but there are still plenty of them that do. The irony of this situation is that the very people living in rural areas that largely elected Trump are the ones who will be hit the hardest by this GOP health care plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First off, the plan hasn't passed and will probably (hopefully) be scrapped or at least heavily changed before becoming law. Secondly, I can't find any proof that rural areas will be more affected. I found an article on the Atlantic, which lost me when they started talking about climate change being a reason. From that article I went to a report by the Keiser group which repeated "may" a lot.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    First off, the plan hasn't passed and will probably (hopefully) be scrapped or at least heavily changed before becoming law. Secondly, I can't find any proof that rural areas will be more affected. I found an article on the Atlantic, which lost me when they started talking about climate change being a reason. From that article I went to a report by the Keiser group which repeated "may" a lot.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nati...?event=event25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Apparently Canada is not as progressive as they lead you to believe.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rpass-all-2016

The GOP has become the party of white nationalism

That's an article linked on the same page, so okay, not exactly a source that will give Republicans a fair shake. They use "could" and "maybe" a lot in that article so there's still no real consensus that Obamacare-lite will hurt Republican voters more.

I will say I don't like this new law either, and believe it will be heavily modified before it's passed, if it's passed. The Republicans need to repeal Obamacare altogether which is what they were elected to do. Just nuke the whole thing right now. The new law is just replacing a turdburger with a crapdog which is still shit.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Apparently Canada is not as progressive as they lead you to believe.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rpass-all-2016
    We have a higher population so can handle more immigrants, or something like that. At least that's what I was told.
    ProFootballMock

Because it is unlikely that you will be in a car accident if you don't drive. In the unlikely event that you are walking and get hit by a car, it is likely that the person driving would be held liable. Anyone can get sick, so if you don't have insurance, you will have to pay your health care bills out-of-pocket. In this country, health care bills can pile up very fast.
    Not arguing any of that. Driving is still a privilege and certain rules can and should be put in place. Being alive is an inalienable right, requiring due process if those right are to be infringed upon. As it stands, there's no way to opt out of healthcare least you be fined and no due process if you fail to buy health insurance. Your argument doesn't change my mind that it's morally wrong for the government to force you to buy something or else get fined and possibly
    be thrown in jail.

I am aware that hospitals pass on the cost of treating uninsured people to those with insurance, thus contributing to the rise of health insurance premiums. Hence, my freeloader comment. Even a short stay of a few days in a hospital will run into multiple thousands of dollars of bills. An extremely small percentage of the people in this country have the means to cover the costs of the health care they will need without insurance, so the overwhelming majority of them will be freeloaders at some point.
    If you're aware that hospitals pass on the costs to us, why did you originally say they eat the cost?

And your thoughts here are flat wrong. The people that are gaming the system are a small percentage of people who walk into an ER at a hospital.

The very program that was put in place to combat these so-called freeloaders has caused premiums to skyrocket across the board, particularly among the middle class.

We were much better off pre-Obamacare. Besides the fact it was passed by hook and crook, before Obamacare people were allowed to live their lives as they saw fit, could pick the plan that was best for them and premiums were much lower than they are now.

Blog Entries

Nothing to see here. Key Democratic Officials Now Warning Base Not to Expect Evidence of Trump/Russia Collusion
    https://theintercept.com/2017/03/16/...sia-collusion/

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Nothing to see here. Key Democratic Officials Now Warning Base Not to Expect Evidence of Trump/Russia Collusion
    https://theintercept.com/2017/03/16/...sia-collusion/
    I started a new drinking game a few weeks back. Basically you take a shot every time a democrat says something stupid.

Thanks to Maxine Waters I need a new liver.
    ProFootballMock

Trump is officially playing the communist propaganda playbook.

Never apologize, double down on everything you say (especially falsehood), discredit others with personal attracts and not facts, etc.

Hearings aren't over and he's already throwing Comey under the bus. Thank God for co-equal branches of government.

Blog Entries

Trump is officially playing the communist propaganda playbook.

Never apologize, double down on everything you say (especially falsehood), discredit others with personal attracts and not facts, etc.

Hearings aren't over and he's already throwing Comey under the bus. Thank God for co-equal branches of government.
    That's been his approach for as long as I've ever heard him talk.

IMO, that was part of what his appeal was. Don't defend, don't back down - attack, attack, attack.