Page 1 of 146 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

Here is what he recently outlined for his first 100 days in office. Pretty ambitious, but I do like some things.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451...first-100-days

Things I like:

• propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress
    • a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government
    • cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
    • The business [tax] rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
    • School Choice And Education Opportunity Act
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here is what he recently outlined for his first 100 days in office. Pretty ambitious, but I do like some things.

Things I like:

• propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress
    • a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government
    • The business [tax] rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
    Not going to happen. Congress isn't going to vote to impose term limits on themselves.

Things I like.

• [B]a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
    • I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
    • Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent
    • Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

As you said wicked very ambitious. I don't see much or any of it happening though.
    Last edited by Dade; 11-10-2016 at 09:24 AM.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

The way the natives are restless I hope we have a republic by January 15th

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Not going to happen. Congress isn't going to vote to impose term limits on themselves.

Things I like.

• [B]a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
    • Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent
    • Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

As you said wicked very ambitious. I don't much or any of it happening though.
    All good stuff. One thing I think could make term limits happen is if the people who were currently in congress were exempt from the rule... grandfather them in so to speak

Blog Entries

Things I like.

As you said wicked very ambitious. I don't see much or any of it happening though.

Executive Order?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I like all of it and if he sticks to that, hes going to find himself very popular right away.

As Dade said, Congress wont put limits on itself. He'd have to do it through the state ratification process, not Congress.

Blog Entries

Executive Order?
    Can't. Has to be a amendment I believe.

So I did not like Trump at all.

However, I am genuinely excited to see what he can do. A key aspect of Democracy is accepting the results that the majority made. So, I bitched and cried for about 12 hours and then I accepted the results (I get it's not my country - but still).

His first 100 days will be very interesting. I agree with Dade, it's a lot to accomplish so quickly. There's going to be sooooo much scrutiny that he's going to be very careful executing anything. I imagine his advisers will be telling him to tread waters carefully. Whether he does that will be interesting.

Either way, I hope he proves "haters" wrong and just does a good job.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Executive Order?
    Nope. Amendments have to be voted on by Congress or by State ratification.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Brandon Marshall on Trump.

"The thing I like about this whole situation is we have a flawed man leading our country, and I think that's a good thing because we try to put certain people in certain positions on a pedestal and we expect perfection," Marshall said. "That's not the case. There's only one perfect man who walked this earth. It gives hope to those who are flawed. People get second chances. I hope he does a great job."

Blog Entries

Things I like:

I like all of this. He has an uphill battle, though he has a Republican Congress and Supreme Court. I would also like to see him take a page out of Ron Paul's playbook, and cutting foreign military aid.

Blog Entries

thats likely the truth.

frankly I dont think he can do let alone has a plan to do a lot of that. Thats the allure of trump though, hes good at saying things people can get behind or believe in general. Hes put himself in a hole to start with the way he ran his campaign and his life the past 20-30 years, So hell need to get some things in place to get people on his side right away. if he can accomplish some of this, particularly the bi-partisan parts, hell get some much needed traction in favorability and earn some trust hopefully to get the other things taken care of as well.

itll be interesting to see where this list stands in 2 and 4 years.
    -JAB