Page 117 of 146 FirstFirst ... 115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,393 to 1,404 of 1745

Re: Donald Trump's First 100 Days as President

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    No one in this thread (that I've seen) is advocating a war with North Korea. Nor has anyone said it would be "easy". North Korea's recent shows of strength are what they do to celebrate holidays and Kim's birthday. Anyone with any geopolitical knowledge knows this. Trump is an idiot by responding so forcefully to it. Our normal position is to publicly condemn the shows of force and/or inflict more sanctions, sometimes with China's help.

It is not outside the realm of possibility that China could get involve if we went to war with NK. However at present it wouldn't suit their needs. I don't see that changing anytime soon, because as I have said before, China's economy is very much tied to ours. At most they would supply NK with equipment and supplies while remaining largely neutral in a war between us and NK. All that is subject to change. But to think that China would immediately come to the defense of NK in a war, like we would if the UK went to war is laughable.
    Well said.

I love how it's all over the news and people don't know it's a yearly thing.

Just shows how the media circus works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    No one in this thread (that I've seen) is advocating a war with North Korea. Nor has anyone said it would be "easy". North Korea's recent shows of strength are what they do to celebrate holidays and Kim's birthday. Anyone with any geopolitical knowledge knows this. Trump is an idiot by responding so forcefully to it. Our normal position is to publicly condemn the shows of force and/or inflict more sanctions, sometimes with China's help.

It is not outside the realm of possibility that China could get involve if we went to war with NK. However at present it wouldn't suit their needs. I don't see that changing anytime soon, because as I have said before, China's economy is very much tied to ours. At most they would supply NK with equipment and supplies while remaining largely neutral in a war between us and NK. All that is subject to change. But to think that China would immediately come to the defense of NK in a war, like we would if the UK went to war is laughable.
    I never said that China would immediately enter a war. I said that I thought that any conflict with NK would escalate rapidly, which would lead to them entering a war. Kim Jong Un is a paranoid and irrational actor. If he is attacked, he could easily launch a disproportionate response that could kill thousands of people in South Korea very quickly. BTW, a number of posters have commented about how we would wipe NK out in a war. I was being fetitious in my earlier response. I don't think a conflict with NK would be easy at all.

Yes, China's economy is tied to our economy, but our economy is also tied to theirs. If China warns us against attacking NK, and we do it anyway, aren't we taking the same risk that they would be taking?

I respect everyone's views here, but we will just need to agree to disagree. I just don't see China sitting by and watching an ally of theirs get destroyed. The only way to avoid mass casualties would be to use overwhelming force against NK, which would mean destroying them.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I never said that China would immediately enter a war. I said that I thought that any conflict with NK would escalate rapidly, which would lead to them entering a war. Kim Jong Un is a paranoid and irrational actor. If he is attacked, he could easily launch a disproportionate response that could kill thousands of people in South Korea very quickly. BTW, a number of posters have commented about how we would wipe NK out in a war. I was being fetitious in my earlier response. I don't think a conflict with NK would be easy at all.

Yes, China's economy is tied to our economy, but our economy is also tied to theirs. If China warns us against attacking NK, and we do it anyway, aren't we taking the same risk that they would be taking?

I respect everyone's views here, but we will just need to agree to disagree. I just don't see China sitting by and watching an ally of theirs get destroyed. The only way to avoid mass casualties would be to use overwhelming force against NK, which would mean destroying them.

You really think this show of force is about North Korea? It's the Neocons playing chess. The US is ready to fight all three countries right now. We will see if they take the bait.

Blog Entries

Well if Dirt ends up being right he's the first one I'm inviting into my wartime safe haven. Children, women and then Dirt.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well if Dirt ends up being right he's the first one I'm inviting into my wartime safe haven. Children, women and then Dirt.
    Ok, can I have the top bunk though?

is (5).jpg
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Well, Trump might as well pack his bags. This is surely the end...

n7q12m7dwosy.jpg

Blog Entries

Ok, can I have the top bunk though?

is (5).jpg
    Depends, you bringing beautiful women with you?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Depends, you bringing beautiful women with you?
    Well, I have repeatedly written to my girl Megan, letting her know that I am here to provide for all of her needs in a doomsday situation. I would be bringing her with me to your bunker. She has filed for a restraining order, but hasn't said "no". So, I think what she is saying is that there is still a chance...

Megan.jpg

Blog Entries

Well, I have repeatedly written to my girl Megan, letting her know that I am here to provide for all of her needs in a doomsday situation. I would be bringing her with me to your bunker. She has filed for a restraining order, but hasn't said "no". So, I think what she is saying is that there is still a chance...

Megan.jpg
    We'll have to repopulate Dirt. It's up to us. We need a mixture of the most intelligent women, mentally tough women and downright finest all natural bitches we can get. It's not as if they'll have many options. Shelter with Dirt holding an Elvin Sword of Light Magic or the apocalypse.

Blog Entries

We'll have to repopulate Dirt. It's up to us. We need a mixture of the most intelligent women, mentally tough women and downright finest all natural bitches we can get. It's not as if they'll have many options. Shelter with Dirt holding an Elvin Sword of Light Magic or the apocalypse.
    It'll be a sacrifice, but we should do all that we can. Megan, if you are listening, I'm here for you baby.

Very good read:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/da...rump-1.4081391

Wisconsin has as many dairy cows as the entire dairy industry of Canada. Good to see some folks down that way are viewing market supply as a solution. If we value small and mid size producers of agri products in Canada, then we have to find a way to ensure they are getting a fair return and market stability. Agricultural products are not like other markets, food is perishable(tech solutions aside), subject to many external factors and having local sources is far superior.

Was very shocked at Trump's comments on the Canadian dairy sector given how small it is in the broader North American picture. The biggest takeaway:

"[Trump can] stand up with bluster and point his finger up at the Canadian border," Lloyd said., "But it doesn't help a dairy farmer here."

This indeed populism by Trump to get people behind NAFTA changes, despite certain sectors speculating it won't help the American market as much as being advertised.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

The GOP is saying that the House will vote on repeal and replace of Obamacare tomorrow. Any takers on if it will pass? My prediction is that it will pass in the House, but will die a long, slow, death in the Senate.