Thread: The last drive

The last drive

so 3 things pissed me off or had me confused on the last drive. they kind of encapsulate our season and team.

1)Joe and the O not having a sense of urgency - instead of running up to the line everyone just walks like they are strolling around the park instead of trying to win an NFL game. we have seen this many times over the last bunch of years. the 49ers game last year comes to mind.

2)2 minute offense - i know we got the ball back with less than 2 minutes (1:24 actually) but the O just looks confused at these moments as evidenced by missed throws, wrs in wrong positions. I dont understand why we struggle in these situations, most teams practice red zone and 2 minute O every day in practice plus Joe being in his 9th year he should have full command of the play calling during the 2 minute drill. i dont believe its always the WRs fault in these situations.

3)Joe going for the risky play during the 2 minute offense - i still dont get why Joe keeps trying to throw into double and triple coverage instead of taking the safe high probability short throw. like going deep on 3rd and 10 instead of a 10-15 yard crossing route. or going deep instead of an out on 2nd and 5. seems like we never use the sideline at end of games. an example Eli calling for a slant on the OBJ touchdown catch. we just keep trying to throw everything 20-30 yards deep.
    Last edited by WrongBaldy; 10-16-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Re: The last drive

The offense looks like they know if they score with one sec left, the defense will not be able to hold the lead. With that said, Joe played like crap in the 4 th Q

Blog Entries

Well if Joe takes the safe throw, then the board will explode over them not using the WRs to their strengths and settling for five yard ins.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well if Joe takes the safe throw, then the board will explode over them not using the WRs to their strengths and settling for five yard ins.
    the safe throw gets you a first down and 4 more shots into the end zone...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    the safe throw gets you a first down and 4 more shots into the end zone...
    I'm with you Baldy. I'm just telling you how it is. The pass to Wallace was his chance. At first glance it just looked like he sailed it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm with you Baldy. I'm just telling you how it is. The pass to Wallace was his chance. At first glance it just looked like he sailed it.
    Like many of his passes this year. Joe looks like shit and the lack of urgency is even more troubling. They wasted damn near 30 seconds to throw an incompletion on a 5 yard route. Unbelievable! You can't even make this shit up. I don't see a team that wants to win. Only guys I see out there fighting are SSSr, Weddle, Yanda, and Mosley. It's just a job to the rest of them.