Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

It's about to be torn down.

I can see it coming. This past off-season, the team felt that they just needed a few tweaks. They were fooled by the close games. The Ravens are just a team that, far more often than not, win or lose, plays close games.

In another thread, a poster whose name currently escapes me, made a list of guys the team could possibly release in the off-season, and end up with plenty of cap space. I think that's what's going to happen. In a shocker, I don't think Harbaugh survives either, making room for a new coach to build it all back up. They really need to rack up as many early wins as possible. They needed to hit the bye week 6-1, with that one, being one of the two games up in the Meadowlands. The run defenses they will face are far better. The QBs are better. The coaching will be better.

Posters who end up jealous that other teams have so much cap space to work with in the off-season, will get their wish of the Ravens having that type of space after this season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: It's about to be torn down.

I'm on board.

Already did it in Madden, so it must be real? Right guys?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In a shocker, I don't think Harbaugh survives either, making room for a new coach to build it all back up.
    I don't think Harbaugh will be gone at all. I believe he gets 2017, and possibly 2018, to right the Ravens ship... Bc

Blog Entries

This board has become a therapists couch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This board has become a therapists couch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm thinkin' Ex isn't exactly the next Sigmund Freud.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Derek Carr > Ryan Fitzpatrick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Derek Carr > Ryan Fitzpatrick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    And they lost. Likewise, the Jets front seven>Oakland, Washington, Jacksonville and Cleveland.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

How much cap space you taking about? Give me an idea.

Not hard to predict doom when reading today's injury report. We don't have an OL. With Yanda out its really going to get messy. That leaves rookies and crap no one else wants to protect our 100 million dollar QB. Joe is going to be exposed. Sr is out. Dean Pees! No pass rush. Our secondary. Looks like a continuation of last year. If Joe can keep to 2 step drops and handing the ball off he may survive. I figure with a healthy OL it would take at least 3 weeks to get the new OCs system functioning adequately. But we don't have a healthy OL. Our new OC may be better but he can't work miracles. Don't look for any.

Blog Entries

Ex go chill out bro get some sleep and come back in the a.m

Blog Entries

I said this in another thread, but I don't think the Ravens are too far off from contending again. They could very well get into the playoffs this year...for whatever reason, it isn't like there are a ton of teams that are truly dominating right now outside of Minnesota and Philly. Could see a couple of 9-7 or 8-8 teams in the playoffs this year.

The Giants are very beatable. They're missing some starters. Their OL is also not great.

The Jets are very beatable. Yes, their 3 defensive linemen are fantastic, but their secondary is trash now that Revis is out and their linebackers are worse. Also, their OL isn't that good, they can't run the ball very well, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is an interception machine.

The Ravens could very easily be 5-2 heading into the Bye week, which would be ideal since they'll be facing Pittsburgh at home coming off the Bye week. The Ravens have had Pittsburgh's number the past few seasons and I know Mike Wallace will be ready to play his former team. I could see the Ravens winning that game too. If they can head into the Dallas game at 7-2 (totally possible) on a 4-game winning streak, I could see them finishing out at 10-6 or 9-7. All things considered, that's not so bad.

From a player personnel perspective, I really think they're 1 very good corner and 1 good pass rusher (which they may already have in Judon or Correa or Kaufusi) from being a truly top defense. Offensively, they just need to get their guys healthy again - specifically Stanley and Wagner.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The team gets torn down most years. How many players are left from the Super Bowl? More than ever teams are turning over rosters in 3 year cycles.