Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

If we wind up with a top 5 pick - do we draft a quarterback

I love Joe - and believe that he is being wasted and his career and talent mismanaged. But next year will be his 10 year in the league. I think that if the Ravens wind up with a top 5 draft pick they should use it to bring in Joe's successor. Sort of the way the Packers managed the Aaron Rogers/Farve situation.

Blog Entries

Re: If we wind up with a top 5 pick - do we draft a quarterback

Rodgers was like the 24th pick or something. If they have a top five pick they take the best receiver, pass rusher, or corner available.

Blog Entries

There's no point in them taking a QB that high if they're not going to show more commitment to building the team around him than they have with Joe.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

BPA including QB.

Blog Entries

My answer is YES but they would have to figure out a way to unwind from the deal they gave Flacco and it's all in the player's favor. They've made this bed...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It is time to think about Joe's replacement however there could be someone in rounds 2, 3, 4. I agree with Bhcforlife but with this order... pass rusher, corner, or receiver for a top five draft pick.

7. Re: If we wind up with a top 5 pick - do we draft a quarterback

Honestly right now, i'd be looking forward to that
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

I'm for drafting someone to compete for the starting job because I think Joe needs someone to push him.

How many years Flacco is not cuttable? 3 or 4 years? I don't know the details of his contract right now.
    So, IMO drafting a QB with a top5 pick is pure waste. For this year at least.

But I agree, the FO should draft a QB in the next few years and build him up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis6686 View Post
    I love Joe - and believe that he is being wasted and his career and talent mismanaged. But next year will be his 10 year in the league. I think that if the Ravens wind up with a top 5 draft pick they should use it to bring in Joe's successor. Sort of the way the Packers managed the Aaron Rogers/Farve situation.
    1st off IMO the Ravens will not have a top 5 pick in 2017. But to play along... I wouldn't draft a QB that high. Perhaps in rounds 3 or 4. Joe Flacco is only 31 (32 next January), and it's good to have a starting QB with such experience. Lest you forget, the Ravens made the playoffs in Joe's first five years in Baltimore, including a Super Bowl victory. The Ravens also were winners in 2014, when we had a competent OC in Kubiak. Replace Trestman with a sufficiently skilled guy, who plays up his QB's strengths, and watch the Ravens fly high again... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    1st off IMO the Ravens will not have a top 5 pick in 2017. But to play along... I wouldn't draft a QB that high. Perhaps in rounds 3 or 4. Joe Flacco is only 31 (32 next January), and it's good to have a starting QB with such experience. Lest you forget, the Ravens made the playoffs in Joe's first five years in Baltimore, including a Super Bowl victory. The Ravens also were winners in 2014, when we had a competent OC in Kubiak. Replace Trestman with a sufficiently skilled guy, who plays up his QB's strengths, and watch the Ravens fly high again... Bc
    :word

Good post

Joe could be decent with a coaching staff. Harbaugh, Pees, and Trestman are frauds.