Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819 LastLast

Re: OT-WC O's VS Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Buck has done a lot as far as pulling this franchise from the depths it was in throughout the first decade of the 2000s, but it's probably about time to go another direction there. Not using Britton was an enormously terrible, indefensible decision.
    After the Harbaugh coaching decision(s) on Sunday, I can't imagine being a Baltimore fan right now.

In a sudden death you have to do everything to win. It seems Buck was waiting to use him in the closer role when the O's got a run, but it would have been a good time to go to Britton for 2 innings. Rarely do you get into the 14th inning and they could have went Jiminez then when Toronto would have been using their worst parts of their pen.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    After the Harbaugh coaching decision(s) on Sunday, I can't imagine being a Baltimore fan right now.

In a sudden death you have to do everything to win. It seems Buck was waiting to use him in the closer role when the O's got a run, but it would have been a good time to go to Britton for 2 innings. Rarely do you get into the 14th inning and they could have went Jiminez then when Toronto would have been using their worst parts of their pen.
    Harbs mistake was a 3. Buck's was a 9.8.

And it wasn't just putting Umbaldo in. It started when he pulled Kim for Reimold. It's like he forgot how to manage.

Blog Entries

Seemed like Buck forgot that the game was a Go/No-Go situation.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

So I stayed off here last night, but as a Jays fan, I wanted to tell all O's fans that they had a great season. Last night was truly power against power and it really could have gone any way. I was quite shocked and kept saying "Well we're screwed with Britton coming out" only to never see him. Especially when we got 2 on in the last inning. I have always actually liked the O's despite the rivalry because they are much like the Jays. Live and die on homers.

As for the beer can throw, I can ensure you that no one is more pissed off then Jays fans. It was an absolute disgrace and that guy deserves to be hung from his ankles from the CN Tower. We had to deal with this last year after the game 5 vs. Texas when the crowd basically started riotting throwing shit on the field.

The few don't define the bunch, so all this "Classless Canadians" and "piece of shit Toronto fans" really upsets most of us. That's not who we are and I would hope that if a few Ravens fans did something stupid I Wouldn't want that to be used against me.

Either way - it was a great game of baseball.
    Unfortunately, with Blue Jerk fans, a few DO define the bunch. Google "blue jays fans" and note the plethora of incriminating results

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Harbs mistake was a 3. Buck's was a 9.8.

And it wasn't just putting Umbaldo in. It started when he pulled Kim for Reimold. It's like he forgot how to manage.
    Ya not comparing the two. Just unfortunate that coaching decisions severely impacted both games. Gotta be frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

So I stayed off here last night, but as a Jays fan, I wanted to tell all O's fans that they had a great season. Last night was truly power against power and it really could have gone any way. I was quite shocked and kept saying "Well we're screwed with Britton coming out" only to never see him. Especially when we got 2 on in the last inning. I have always actually liked the O's despite the rivalry because they are much like the Jays. Live and die on homers.

As for the beer can throw, I can ensure you that no one is more pissed off then Jays fans. It was an absolute disgrace and that guy deserves to be hung from his ankles from the CN Tower. We had to deal with this last year after the game 5 vs. Texas when the crowd basically started riotting throwing shit on the field.

The few don't define the bunch, so all this "Classless Canadians" and "piece of shit Toronto fans" really upsets most of us. That's not who we are and I would hope that if a few Ravens fans did something stupid I Wouldn't want that to be used against me.

Either way - it was a great game of baseball.
    I think you might be taking a little sports smack talk a bit too literal. I don't think even the most pissed off O's fan thinks it's indicative of an entire city.

Having said that, you have to admit there's something with Blue Jays fans and throwing stuff. Last night, 2015 and a third incident with McClouth back in 2013. There seems to be a pattern developing.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-05-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Too many Mr. April's on this club.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Buck has done a lot as far as pulling this franchise from the depths it was in throughout the first decade of the 2000s, but it's probably about time to go another direction there. Not using Britton was an enormously terrible, indefensible decision.
    I agree. I also think his nearly immutable commitment to some players, like Reimold, who have shown time and again they are not reliable, hurts him. It's one thing to keep a player or two like Flaherty who offers great versatility in a pinch, another to pull your best season-long hitter, who only 3 days ago saved your season in the clutch, for a season-long lost-at-bat player, when your team is offensively challenged.

the contract to davis will hurt
    us a lot. the lineup needs to be updated with speed and better hitters.
    if manny leaves we are really screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    the contract to davis will hurt
    us a lot. the lineup needs to be updated with speed and better hitters.
    if manny leaves we are really screwed.
    The Davis contract was brutal. It's hard to blame the pitching after last night but the rotation needs an upgrade.
    Miley, Ubaldo and Gallardo are up and down and consistently inconsistent.
    We need a pure lead off hitter. A guy who can foul pitches off steal bases and slow down the game.
    We need a #2 hitter. A guy who can run, bunt steal bases the occasional HR and work a count.
    #3 Manny (enough said)

Jones and Davis need to be dropped in the LU.
    Jones don't want to work a pitcher and he's to damn hard headed to take a few pitches. I'm tired of hearing the aggressive style is Jones game. Well that's fine and all but when you get to the post season and you're facing the top SP in the game they feast on that dumb shit.
    Davis can bat 7th he sometimes is so unsure of himself he won't take the fucking bat off his shoulder.

Anyone that pins this game on Ubaldo just isn't right. Ubaldo stepped up when he needed to and helped this team get to last night. Buck made an awful decision to bring him in at that time.
    I don't want Buck gone but I do feel like Buck needs to change with the times a little and try to make this time more diverse. When we have speed on he doesn't run. When it's a tightly pitched game he doesn't bunt.
    Chicks dig the long ball but to win a championship you need find ways to score other then the bomb.
    This team was flawed and personally Buck is a huge reason they made it he just bout did himself last night.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    The Davis contract was brutal. It's hard to blame the pitching after last night but the rotation needs an upgrade.
    Miley, Ubaldo and Gallardo are up and down and consistently inconsistent.
    We need a pure lead off hitter. A guy who can foul pitches off steal bases and slow down the game.
    We need a #2 hitter. A guy who can run, bunt steal bases the occasional HR and work a count.
    #3 Manny (enough said)

Jones and Davis need to be dropped in the LU.
    Jones don't want to work a pitcher and he's to damn hard headed to take a few pitches. I'm tired of hearing the aggressive style is Jones game. Well that's fine and all but when you get to the post season and you're facing the top SP in the game they feast on that dumb shit.
    Davis can bat 7th he sometimes is so unsure of himself he won't take the fucking bat off his shoulder.

Anyone that pins this game on Ubaldo just isn't right. Ubaldo stepped up when he needed to and helped this team get to last night. Buck made an awful decision to bring him in at that time.
    I don't want Buck gone but I do feel like Buck needs to change with the times a little and try to make this time more diverse. When we have speed on he doesn't run. When it's a tightly pitched game he doesn't bunt.
    Chicks dig the long ball but to win a championship you need find ways to score other then the bomb.
    This team was flawed and personally Buck is a huge reason they made it he just bout did himself last night.

well said. so many on Facebook are blaming ubaldo but I put more blame on our lack of hitting...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    well said. so many on Facebook are blaming ubaldo but I put more blame on our lack of hitting...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    It's like people that only blame Flacco. They only see who is holding the ball and not everything else around it. Not hitting from innings 4-11 have nothing to do with Ubaldo