Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast

Re: OT-WC O's VS Jays

So glad that Reimold pinch-hit...great at-bat.

Someone should explain to Davis, Machado and Jones that in a single game elimination, it doesn't help to wait for that occasional 4 hit game that makes your stats look better.

clutch performance by 2 of our highest paid players ubaldo and davis.
    i dont see how ubaldo can be on this team next year honestly

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    clutch performance by 2 of our highest paid players ubaldo and davis.
    i dont see how ubaldo can be on this team next year honestly
    Im not going to beat up Ubaldo too much over that. Buck put him in an awful situation. Putting him in over Britton is inexcusable in that situation.

How about our leader Adam Jones and his .130 avg in the playoffs?

This team needs a complete overhaul. The HR's are fun to watch, but you're not going to win a world series with a 1 dimensional team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    Someone should explain to Davis, Machado and Jones that in a single game elimination, it doesn't help to wait for that occasional 4 hit game that makes your stats look better.
    yup

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Im not going to beat up Ubaldo too much over that. Buck put him in an awful situation. Putting him in over Britton is inexcusable in that situation.
    This. Ubaldo had some games recently where he was shaky in the first inning or two, then settled down for a good long run, but this is obviously not an extra inning relief profile.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post

How about our leader Adam Jones and his .130 avg in the playoffs?

This team needs a complete overhaul. The HR's are fun to watch, but you're not going to win a world series with a 1 dimensional team.
    This right here pretty much sums it up.
    Don't know about an overhaul but definitely some change.

This team swings at more first pitches and garbage pitches then any other team I see.
    They seem to make it easier on the opposing teams pitchers doing this.
    Do it against good pitching and you get what we got tonight.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    This right here pretty much sums it up.
    Don't know about an overhaul but definitely some change.

This team swings at more first pitches and garbage pitches then any other team I see.
    They seem to make it easier on the opposing teams pitchers doing this.
    Do it against good pitching and you get what we got tonight.
    I'm fairly certain that the Blue Jays batters were up 80% of the broadcast. Even if Britton was used, I don't think the offense would have scored before the Blue Jays.

The decision to keep the best reliever in baseball, hell the best reliever in years, on the bench in an 11 inning game is just so inexcusable. I know the offense was doing absolutely nothing, but when you are the away team, what you need to do is to keep extending the game. We know that with Britton, there is a very high likelihood that the game will reach the thirteenth innning. Hell, Britton wasn't even warming up, so I guess Buck's plan was to keep Jimenez in for multiple innings. His press conference he also offered up indefensible points that he liked the matchups with Jimenez. Really more than the best closer in the game you liked an incredibly erratic starting pitcher who up until the last two months was one of the biggest free agent disasters in this team's history. Just a sickening lack of awareness, and even though I like the way he manages the tone and mood of the team throughout the season, he so often overthinks himself. Hell, I thought it was a disaster not bringing out Britton in the 8th and 9th innings too!

For me, the night fell apart when he brought in Reimold to pinch hit for Kim. Sure enough, he goes down swinging at three pitches well off the plate.

Once I saw Umbaldo, I said to my wife "game over" and I didn't mean it in the O's favor. Sure enough, he melts down in true Umbaldo fashion.

Buck, to me, falls under the "good but not great" category of managers. He's been a career .500 manger (sub .500 postseason) and will get you to the playoffs from time to time but that's all you're going to get out of him. That was his knock in Arizona, New York and now its the same here.

Combine the long track record of lackluster postseason success with his very questionable in game decisions and I think it's time to start thinking about a new manager.

So I stayed off here last night, but as a Jays fan, I wanted to tell all O's fans that they had a great season. Last night was truly power against power and it really could have gone any way. I was quite shocked and kept saying "Well we're screwed with Britton coming out" only to never see him. Especially when we got 2 on in the last inning. I have always actually liked the O's despite the rivalry because they are much like the Jays. Live and die on homers.

As for the beer can throw, I can ensure you that no one is more pissed off then Jays fans. It was an absolute disgrace and that guy deserves to be hung from his ankles from the CN Tower. We had to deal with this last year after the game 5 vs. Texas when the crowd basically started riotting throwing shit on the field.

The few don't define the bunch, so all this "Classless Canadians" and "piece of shit Toronto fans" really upsets most of us. That's not who we are and I would hope that if a few Ravens fans did something stupid I Wouldn't want that to be used against me.

Either way - it was a great game of baseball.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteNorthRaven; 10-05-2016 at 06:16 AM.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Buck has done a lot as far as pulling this franchise from the depths it was in throughout the first decade of the 2000s, but it's probably about time to go another direction there. Not using Britton was an enormously terrible, indefensible decision.