Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819

Re: OT-WC O's VS Jays

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    It's like people that only blame Flacco. They only see who is holding the ball and not everything else around it. Not hitting from innings 4-11 have nothing to do with Ubaldo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yup, gotta step back and look at the big picture

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    It's like people that only blame Flacco. They only see who is holding the ball and not everything else around it. Not hitting from innings 4-11 have nothing to do with Ubaldo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hardy contract was brutal too. im not sure if this was an off year or hes done

Blog Entries

My question is what is in the water up there in Baltimore?
    First Harbs accepts a penalty instead of a 4th and 8 FG try.
    Now Buck puts Jimenez in late in the game. If anyone has watched any Orioles ball this year and witnessed Jimenez pitch they will come to one conclusion after 2 innings. This guy does not get his groove until after pitching a few. It's not rocket science it's factual data. Jimenez has been solid the last few games around the 3rd inning, but usually gives up 2-3 runs early. So with your season on the line why do you put him in and not Britton. It's the 11th inning, Britton easily gives you 2 solid innings. Was Buck expecting to play 16-17 innings last night. I'm sorry folks but that was a poor decision and I knew it as soon as I see him coming from the dugout. So when it happen it was not nearly as sickening. I was already prepared for it.

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your loss last night. Very confusing why Buck didn't put Britton in.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Welp, you can file that one in the "Historically Bad Coaching Decision Folder".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Hypothetically, as a manager, you want Britton in the game AFTER you score the go-ahead run. BUT when you're facing elimination, Zach is your best chance to PREVENT a walk-off loss. I expected to see Zach come in for the bottom of the ninth because that is when your team is the most vulnerable. It would also be a major wake-up-call for Oriole hitters ("Hey, Zach is in there. We better manufacture a run ASAP so we can take full advantage of his perfect save record!") He pitches the ninth and tenth while the Orioles score in the top of the tenth. Really no alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    My question is what is in the water up there in Baltimore?
    First Harbs accepts a penalty instead of a 4th and 8 FG try.
    Now Buck puts Jimenez in late in the game. If anyone has watched any Orioles ball this year and witnessed Jimenez pitch they will come to one conclusion after 2 innings. This guy does not get his groove until after pitching a few. It's not rocket science it's factual data. Jimenez has been solid the last few games around the 3rd inning, but usually gives up 2-3 runs early. So with your season on the line why do you put him in and not Britton. It's the 11th inning, Britton easily gives you 2 solid innings. Was Buck expecting to play 16-17 innings last night. I'm sorry folks but that was a poor decision and I knew it as soon as I see him coming from the dugout. So when it happen it was not nearly as sickening. I was already prepared for it.
    Totally agree.

Our friend from the north has been passionate about his fan base not being one that's normally involved in this douchebaggery of throwing things.

We now know there's been two such incidents involving the O's alone, a third incident involving the ALDS last season and now this from 2012 where a fan hurled a beer at an umpire ....

http://97rockonline.com/toronto-blue...-umpire-video/

And it appears that beers are not the only thing being hurled. Allegedly, both Jones and Kim had racial slurs hurled at them after the beer was tossed ....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle32254718/

One final comment about how the Orioles finished their season - especially how they played at home in September. They began their final homestand (eleven games total) going 2-6 (2-2 against last-place Tampa Bay and then 0-4 against the Red Sox). If they won just one more game, they would have played the AL Wildcard game at home.

They didn't seem to care how much they let down their fans who paid their hard-earned money watching them lose in the stretch run.