Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Jeremy Zuttah Thread

I think we can all agree that Zuttah has not been impressive at all this season. It may be due to lingering injury issues from last year, but I can't honestly say. I expected the left side of the OL to have some problems with two rookies starting there, but I (wrongly) assumed that Zuttah would at least be able to provide a good anchor in the middle of the line so that Flacco could have some space to step into throws and move up the pocket.

Boy, was I wrong.

The biggest problem, as I see it, is that Zuttah relied heavily on KO last year. The presence of KO and Yanda on either side of him made his job a lot easier.

So, the question now becomes should Zuttah be benched?

Some may say yes and I agree with those sentiments. However, Jensen looked AWFUL against Oakland. Granted, he was playing beside Hurst, but there were a number of plays where Jensen just got straight up shook on the LOS allowing defenders to plow right into Joe's face. I'm not sure if the Ravens think Urschel is a guard or center, but I think he is still relatively unknown.

Unfortunately, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. I'd like to see Urschel get some meaningful snaps, but there is the possibility that he is A LOT worse than Zuttah because of inexperience. Keep in mind, Zuttah replaced AQ Shipley and Gino Gradkowski. Talk about a miserable OL...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: The Jeremy Zuttah Thread

De Camptown ladies sing dis song,
    Zoo-dah! Zoo-dah!
    De Camptown race track five miles long,
    Oh! Zoo-dah day!
    I come down dah wid my hat caved in,
    Zoo-dah! Zoo-dah!
    I go back home wid a pocket full of tin,
    Oh! Zoo-dah day!

Chorus: Want to bench all night!
    Want to bench all day!
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I think Z has until the rookies are healthy and playing on the left side of the line again to get his shit wired tight, at which point his leash becomes very short and he gets benched if he continues to play this way. It would be one thing if he was getting beat just physically, but he has turned into a drive-killing penalty machine.
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Blog Entries

I say it's time to pull the plug, Urshel is an immediate upgrade, hell even Jensen would be. I think Jensen's performance last Sunday was a direct result of having shit to the left of him and shit to the right of him, what I saw on some of those plays was Jensen trying to figure out how to help out the two shits he had to the right and left of him plus hold his man. I guarantee you a healthy Stanley and Lewis, Jensen at center would do much better. What is the deal with Urshel? He should be starting at the very least competing to start for center.

Blog Entries

I saw this morning that they were trying out someone for Oline, can't remember his name but I googled him and he's never played in an NFL game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I said it with Buck/Forsett, sometimes you just gotta try something new.

If Lewis and Stanley are good to go I think they should go Urschel and give him a shot.

It can't possibly be worst.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

the run game got better up the middle last year after zuttah went down with Jensen and Urshel in there. That should have been the interior line up even though Lewis is coming along Jensen or Urshel need to be in center. I can tolerate a miss block here and there but getting completely manhandled up the middle on every play is just down right awful no second level blocks to the LBs as well is why our run game has struggled. Zuttah has had what? maybe 2-3 blocks to the second level in 4 games??? Nah brah time for you to ride some pine.

Blog Entries

Jeff Zrebiec@jeffzrebiecsun 28m28 minutes ago
    But could make other plans: Team working out different players this week, including OL Mike Liedtke and S Shamiel Gary

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Ya know, I think we all know. He sucks. That said I would like for once for the ravens to have a young and talented line, and keep them together so they can get to know each others tendencies. Urschel is good but not great, and lets face it there is no guarantee that he is even good considerign sample size. That aid there is enough there to believe that he is talented and we should give the guy a chance to compete and see how he does in a game. Now I realize, we have one of the worst offensive line coaches in the game, but it does not really seem to be that pertinent considering I would rather have talent under trash then trash on top of trash. I really just want a chance for the o line to get together and stay together as a dependable unit that Joe is used to because that can take a good line and make them look great. I think Urschel has really earned a spot in limited time, or at the very least to see how he does in a full season after how he played last year.

I also say this because he is the smartest man on the team, and having a brilliant center can do wonders for pass pro even if you dont have the greatest of talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec@jeffzrebiecsun 28m28 minutes ago
    But could make other plans: Team working out different players this week, including OL Mike Liedtke and S Shamiel Gary
    lol kenrick lewis next. I don't know who the OL player is though.

Blog Entries

I remember in college playing DE i had two guys playing beside me on the line and they were shit and I kept think man these dudes are going to get blown off the ball and I'm going to have to cover so much ground on this play now imma look like shit. That's exactly what happened to Jensen on Sunday. He had shit to the left of him and shit to the right of him then he looked like shit as result.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It can't possibly be worst.
    Was that "it can't be worst" or "it can't be Hurst?" ... Bc