Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First NFL game

First NFL game

Hey guys, my family and I are in the USA on vacation in November and are going to the Cleveland game on Nov 10.
    Just would like to know if there are any pre game things to do/look for. Also how early you should get to the game.

Re: First NFL game

Ravens walk is neat. Basically the path between Camden yards and m&t has some beer carts and live music.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AussieRavens View Post
    Hey guys, my family and I are in the USA on vacation in November and are going to the Cleveland game on Nov 10.
    Just would like to know if there are any pre game things to do/look for. Also how early you should get to the game.

Traffic will be horrible. I suggest if you're not staying right downtown, come downtown around lunch time. Go to the aquarium, grab some eats, take in a museum.. Then make your way up to RavensWalk a couple hours before the game.

Plan to get there between 10 and 11 to really take it all in. Several members of this board have tailgate parties you could crash. And if not, Ortizer is correct, you can just hang out on Ravens Walk -- live music, outdoor bars and food, lots of fun. Lots of stuff for kids there too.

Head into the stadium around 12-12:15. Security can take some time, and you want a chance to wander around, and see all the pregame activities. Also, dress in layers, more warmly than you think you'll need. Freezing your butt off for three hours because the wind suddenly picked up is no fun.

And if the Ravens lose that game, you're never invited again. ;)
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Plan to get there between 10 and 11 to really take it all in. Several members of this board have tailgate parties you could crash. And if not, Ortizer is correct, you can just hang out on Ravens Walk -- live music, outdoor bars and food, lots of fun. Lots of stuff for kids there too.

Head into the stadium around 12-12:15. Security can take some time, and you want a chance to wander around, and see all the pregame activities. Also, dress in layers, more warmly than you think you'll need. Freezing your butt off for three hours because the wind suddenly picked up is no fun.

And if the Ravens lose that game, you're never invited again. ;)
    Don't use this time frame. November 10th is an 8:25 Thursday night game. :D

Blog Entries

Sorry to disappoint you, but if you're going to see the Cleveland Browns then it's hardly what I'd call an "NFL game." ... Bc
    P.S. - Just joking, I hope you and your family have a grand time.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but if you're going to see the Cleveland Browns then it's hardly what I'd call an "NFL game." ... Bc
    P.S. - Just joking, I hope you and your family have a grand time.
    "just joking...but not really..."

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

As has been suggested, you should look for tailgating action with Board Members. You are invited to mine, but it is on the western side of the festivities and may not be on your schedule. PM me if you want details.

Tailgating is an experience you do not want to miss.
    Captain Offense

the Cle Mia game was super exciting

Don't know where the guy is staying at or what his mode of transportation is to and from but we're talking about a night game here.
    Walking certain streets in Baltimore at night is certainly not advisable if he strays down the wrong road.
    I suggest Aussie give us some more information as to his plans for the day, where he's staying and how he's getting around so we can keep him safe and assured of a good time.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Thanks for the replys guys, we are catching a train from DC and staying in a hotel on Washington Blvd.
    Guess we will walk around for the day and just see the inner city.

First NFL game

Quote Originally Posted by AussieRavens View Post
    Thanks for the replys guys, we are catching a train from DC and staying in a hotel on Washington Blvd.
    Guess we will walk around for the day and just see the inner city.
    Unless you're at the Hampton Inn (and even that's dicey at night), I'd strongly consider moving your hotel to another location, namely any location in Harbor East.

It's much safer and you'll have a plethora of dining and drink options in nearby neighborhood of Fells Point.