Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressive?

Re: Impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    So just that we're clear, NO QB would look better than Boller?
    Certainly no qb on the Ravens' roster, which is all we have to work with. If we are staying away from what-might-have-beens.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You have no idea if the ball would have been caught, thrown through the end zone or picked. You don't know where he was throwing.
    Most all the time Boller throws exactly to the reciever he's watching as the play develops. You' are correct, I or no one else can make any definitive claims on what would have happened had Boller not been hit.

He should have saw the blitz, it was right in front of him. It was his fault he got hit as the ball was thrown. I understand he has no feel for what's going on around him but he should be able to recognize and react to a blitz coming basically up the middle.

Judging from 5 years of watching Boller, I am of the opinion that he would have tried to force the ball into coverage and he telegraphs his throws staring at his primary read which he had done on that play.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Judging from 5 years of watching Boller, I am of the opinion that he would have tried to force the ball into coverage and he telegraphs his throws staring at his primary read which he had done on that play.
    Actually, in the first half he was trying to look all over the place and wouldn't pull the trigger until he looked at several options. It was quite obvious that at halftime they said "look to Mason, he is getting open" and he did. He made a few throws, he got some confidence and then things got a lot better.

Yeah, he should have thrown that ball a moment earlier, but he held it trying to make a play into a fierce blitz. It was a mistake but it was made the way mistakes should be made, trying to play fearless ball.

He got the team the lead with less than a minute to play, it should have been enough.

He got the team the lead with under a minute to play, it should have been enough.

Suck on that Tex, and then post elsewhere.

Most all the time Boller throws exactly to the reciever he's watching as the play develops. You' are correct, I or no one else can make any definitive claims on what would have happened had Boller not been hit.

He should have saw the blitz, it was right in front of him. It was his fault he got hit as the ball was thrown. I understand he has no feel for what's going on around him but he should be able to recognize and react to a blitz coming basically up the middle.

Nearly everything sentence you posted is so incorrect it's hard to know where to start. If you're not Tex ghosting as another poster you're someone who knows as little about football as he does.

Tex, aren't you going to respond to my McGahee thread? I know it's embarrassing for you to be proven wrong....again but take your medicine like a man.

Bollers wounded duck interception happened when? I thought it was late in the third quarter. No one player is responsible for the loss and I haven't seen anyone insinuate it. I have seen some insinuate Boller had a great second half. He didn't , Boller made some good plays the second half but some of the drives were aided by penalties. The Browns being another 30 something ranked defense Boller should have had his way with them from start to finish. I counted two interceptions one returned 100 yards.:bag:
    Yes, I counted 2 interceptions. I also counted 4 scoring drives in the 4th quarter and 1 on the very first possession of the second half. No one said Boller didn't throw any interceptions. But when it came down to it, he made the plays necessary to put the team in a position to win.

The fact that everyone on the planet but you and Tex thinks he didn't have a great second half again goes to your bias and credibility when trying to have these discussions.

So just that we're clear, NO QB would look better than Boller?
    Just to be clear, you think anyone else would take a pounding like that yesterday and do any better? Did you happen to watch the great Peyton Manning yesterday and last week when he was getting blasted and under pressure all day.

Here's a news flash about football. When you spend the whole day under constant pressure, even the hall-of-fame QB's don't play so well.

Boller should have recognized the blitz coming up the middle. His vision is poor, he may as well have blinders on plus he suffers from locking onto his primary read and staying there . Boller doesn't take into account anything else going on around him.
    Oh I see, but the fact that he did exactly that multiple times in the second half means nothing. Of course not, we're talking to some one who really didn't watch the whole game.

The safety would have made a play on that ball either way. Whether the ball would have been intercepted is open for debate but there were two Brown defenders in the zone one being on the recievers back.
    No......there wasn't. But whatever.

Boller was throwing into double and triple coverage all day long although there were some singles. I'm led to believe Boller makes up his mind were he's going with the ball before he breaks the huddle.
    Your mind is made up that you will make up things to try and make Boller look worse than he did. He did not throw into triple and double coverage all day long. The fact is the Browns didn't have to double cover anyone, they were doing just fine play man on our receivers. Except Darling who broke free for his catches.

Wow, it is such a difference between talking to those who actually know what's happening or watch the games, then those who continue to make stuff up as they go along.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 11-19-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Actually, in the first half he was trying to look all over the place and wouldn't pull the trigger until he looked at several options. It was quite obvious that at halftime they said "look to Mason, he is getting open" and he did. He made a few throws, he got some confidence and then things got a lot better.
    What really annoys me is when people are so wrong, and they don't see the same things everyone else sees. There were times when Boller had to it McGahee in the middle because his outside receivers were covered. He looked across the field several times yesterday.

But why let facts get in the way of some good old fashioned Boller bashing? Greg, it will never change.

Here's my problem.

The same people who are praising Boller's 2nd half and him putting us in position to win are the same people would discredit McNair's games at Cleveland and Tennessee last year. Let's face it, Boller was horrendous in the 1st half just like McNair was in those 2 games last year.

Both players got the team into position to win. Yet the reactions are VASTLY different.

The Oline didn't all of a sudden start playing horribly on Sunday folks. McNair wasn't sitting back in the pocket with all day to throw either.

And therein lies the problem for me.

Boller made some good plays and some bad plays. He's obviously more explosive and should be starting for the remainder of this season.

The bomb to Clayton was underthrown. Period. Yes, Clayton should've made a better play on the ball and tried to break it up, but he had his man beat and Boller underthrew it. The rest of the 1st half was as bad as it gets as far as offensive football. And I don't think McNair would've done any better either.

The pick six was also on Boller IMO. Look folks, he's in his 5th year. The blitzer came straight up the middle and Boller saw him. You cannot start your throwing motion at that point. You just cannot do it.

On the other hand, in the 2nd half Boller made some very nice reads and throws while facing a lot of pressure. He did indeed get us into field goal position and that should've won the game (RUN THE BALL!!!!) but alas, it didn't.

But back to my original point. This game was similar to some games that we won with McNair last year. But those games were chalked up to other factors. To me both QBs contributed to the hole we dug and both dug us out of those holes.

Sadly, the lines have been drawn for some time and that doesn't seem to be changing.

PP

The problem is the Boller haters do the same thing, both camps do it. I have always believed Boller could be groomed, that there was more there. But I also believed McNair was the starter until hurt; until that Pissburgh game. McNair should not have started against Cincinnati and had Boller we might have won.

The problem is the Boller haters do the same thing, both camps do it. I have always believed Boller could be groomed, that there was more there. But I also believed McNair was the starter until hurt; until that Pissburgh game. McNair should not have started against Cincinnati and had Boller we might have won.
    O, I agree 100% that there's a faction that does the same thing regarding Boller.

I think there are a few people who have meandered to the middle and can talk objectively about the QB situation.

Sadly, there aren't enough to squash the 2 factions.

I was on the fence about McNair starting the Cincy game. However, I wasn't on the fence when he wasn't benched when the game was 6-0 or 9-0. There's no way McNair should've been in that game past the first possession of the 3rd quarter.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    O, I agree 100% that there's a faction that does the same thing regarding Boller.

I think there are a few people who have meandered to the middle and can talk objectively about the QB situation.

Sadly, there aren't enough to squash the 2 factions.

I was on the fence about McNair starting the Cincy game. However, I wasn't on the fence when he wasn't benched when the game was 6-0 or 9-0. There's no way McNair should've been in that game past the first possession of the 3rd quarter.

PP
    The problem is that the extreme one half doesn't acknowledge that Boller makes mistakes, and the other half can't acknowledge that he can play well enough. Those in the middle tend to get pushed to one side or the other because you can't apparently have both opinions.

Some of us still take the same tact. Boller makes mistakes. Boller did underthrow the ball to Clayton. But Boller also plays well when the very basic fundamental of football playing is working; protection. And I don't mean "Well, the QB has to be able to pass the ball when protection breaks down". There was ZERO pass protection yesterday. Not some, not a little, NONE. Enough that Boller was forced to play most of the second half in the shotgun. And even then free blitzers came at him, when the Browns just rushed four guys!

Pass protection has been my problem with this team for years. It's beaten down now two former pro-bowl QB's, and has pretty much turned our other QB into a lightening rod for conversation. Until the OL gets taken care of, this discussion about QB "X" is going to continue on and on. I just have a problem with heaping every bad thing this offense does on the QB when that is not always the case.

I think PP the other point, which I made in the Tex thread, is that as a forum, we are giving too much attention to the extreme's on both sides. There are enough rational posters here that you can have a sane conversation. But instead of throwing guys like Tex on ignore, some decide to quote and respond to just about everything he says, and then it snowballs from there. When that stops, we can get back to having some sound and decent conversations about this team.