Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 115116117
Results 1,393 to 1,402 of 1402
    Blog Entries

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Jaguars 9/25

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Great play, thanks for posting it. Looks like CJ is playing like 2014 instead of 2015, and that's good... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Defense balling again. Need to get this offense in gear and special teams had way too many mistakes; but I'm happy with a Win

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-r...in-seven-years
    Special teams did have one too many mistakes but they also saved the game for us along with the defense, I agree about the offense needing to get into gear.

Week 3 offensive line grades from Filmstudy:

Stanley: Ronnie took a step back in a game with 2 penalties and allowed his first sack. He was beaten by the cat-quick Ngakoue to the outside for a sack/forced fumble (Q2, 0:39). Fortunately, Flacco recovered and Tucker converted his FG attempt after Fowler’s leverage flag. Aside from the sack, he had a holding penalty on Fowler, committed a false start, and was bulled by Ngakoue for another pressure. I scored him for 2 highlight blocks, the better of which was a combination on Malik Jackson then Telvin Smith to lead West’s 15-yard run (Q3, 15:00). He made 3 of 6 blocks in level 2.

Scoring: 63 plays, 55 blocks, 6 missed, 1 pressure, 1 sack, 1 offensive holding, 1 false start, 38 points (.60 per play). With adjustment for quality of competition, that’s a D.

Lewis: Alex played his best game to date, but left the game with a concussion suffered on Gibson’s interception return (Q4, 5:31). His only pressure event was a QH allowed to Jackson when he was bulled and shed by the Jags DT. Alex pulled successfully all 3 times, made all 5 of his blocks in level 2, and had 2 highlight blocks.

Scoring: 54 plays, 51 blocks, 2 missed, 1 QH, 48 points (.89 per play). That’s an A after adjustment. It’s always great to see that first top-shelf performance from any lineman and this should put to rest any talk of him being replaced until at least the bye.

Zuttah: Jeremy had his 2nd poor game of 3. When he missed Friday’s walkthrough, rumors grew about a possible change at center, but he was a captain for the coin flip. He surrendered a sack to Jackson on a difficult reach block created by Yanda’s pull to sell a run left (Q2, 8:02). Unfortunately, he surrendered 3 other pressures (1 to Jackson, 2 to Jones) as well as a QH to Jackson that ended the first drive (Q1, 13:22). He made 1 block in level 2.

Scoring: 63 plays, 54 blocks, 4 missed, 3 pressures, 1 QH, 1 sack, 39 points (.62 per play). That’s an F at center by .11 after adjustment. There were extenuating circumstances for some of the pass-blocking failures, but the game simply wasn’t close to passing. If there is a positive to take it’s that Jeremy made all but 1 of his blocks (a miss) in the 2nd half.

Yanda: Marshal had his 4th flag of the season, but otherwise played well. The holding call on Marks came on a screen pass and appeared unnecessary (Q3, 4:59). Yanda continued down the field and made a block in level 2, but the play was negated. The only full pressure I charged him with came on the very next play (Q3, 4:26) when he appeared unable to decide between helping Zuttah or Wagner and was pancaked by Fowler. He connected on 1 of 2 pulls, made 1 block in level 2, and had a highlight when he pancaked Jackson on West’s 6-yard run (Q4, 6:09).

Scoring: 63 plays, 60 blocks, 1 missed, 1.5 pressures, 1 offensive holding, 51 points (.81 per play). With adjustment, that’s a B at guard.

Wagner: Rick continues to be the Ravens’ most effective lineman. Unfortunately, however, he had a hand in the pressures on each of Flacco’s interceptions. Wagner was not in position to handle the stunt handoff of Jackson from Yanda (Q4, 5:31) on the ball Ramsey tipped to Gibson (I split the charge). On the following possession, he was beaten outside by Fowler, who tipped Joe’s hand as the ball popped out to Posluszny for his interception (Q4, 3:27). This is a game where Wagner would have scored significantly lower had the leverage of those situations been factored into his grade. He made 2 blocks in level 2, including a highlight combo versus Jackson then Posluszny which led Forsett’s 6-yard run on the game-winning drive (Q4, 2:00).

Scoring: 63 plays, 58 blocks, 2 missed, 2.5 pressures, 53 points (.84 per play). That’s an A- after adjustment.

Rough game for Stanley and Zuttah maintains being terrible. The right side has been good. I expect Stanley to bounce back, but Zuttah needs to go. Jensen and Urschel should be in there if Lewis si hurt.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Ugh. More grades.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Ugh. More grades.
    Grades done well though. Not PFF grades.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Grades done well though. Not PFF grades.
    I'm sick of all of them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm sick of all of them.
    I never get tired of Filmstudy's grades because he spends so much time and effort to create them. Then he presents his results in a compelling way that holds my interest... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I never get tired of Filmstudy's grades because he spends so much time and effort to create them. Then he presents his results in a compelling way that holds my interest... Bc
    They all spend time and effort. Pinky and the Brain spent time and effort trying to take over the world.

Blog Entries

as a center if you only made one block at level 2 it's time for you to get the fuck outta the game and let someone else who can play get playing time Zuttah is fucking trash..one block in the second level as center in 60mins of football??!!! Man he needs to go sit his ass down somewhere.