Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blog Entries

Re: Chip Kelly's offense is simple

Now why does this quote from your link sound familiar?

It’s one thing for a team to miss a block or for the play caller to guess wrong, but these are abysmal, totally hopeless plays rarely seen in the NFL. Yet Kelly repeatedly deflected criticism that his offense had become predictable by saying that the issue came down to only one thing: “We need to execute.”
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

interesting article. The thing about the zone/read is that it forces defenses to play in their base, which can give some good one-one-one matchups. And I do think that fast pace can tire out a defense.
    I like watching his offense but have very low expectations with Gabbert running it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Do the Ravens play the 49ers this season?

No?

Then what is this doing on a forum reserved in-season for Ravens talk?

Mods, please move to "Around the League" or wherever it belongs. It doesn't belong here.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Do the Ravens play the 49ers this season?

No?

Then what is this doing on a forum reserved in-season for Ravens talk?

Mods, please move to "Around the League" or wherever it belongs. It doesn't belong here.
    Jesus, we got the mall cop patrolling the threads.

Your intentions may be right, but there's no need to step on the toes of the MOD's. They know what they're doing and are very good at putting threads in the appropriate folders.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Jesus, we got the mall cop patrolling the threads.

Your intentions may be right, but there's no need to step on the toes of the MOD's. They know what they're doing and are very good at putting threads in the appropriate folders.
    Should I have PM'd a Mod to request the thread be moved? That's probably more annoying to them, doncha think?

Not gonna just sit here & watch this forum get overrun by irrelevant stuff from those who don't give a shit about the rules.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Should I have PM'd a Mod to request the thread be moved? That's probably more annoying to them, doncha think?

Not gonna just sit here & watch this forum get overrun by irrelevant stuff from those who don't give a shit about the rules.

Then simply let the MODs do their jobs and move them as they see fit. No need to come in each and every thread you don't see fit to be here and demand it get moved.

I see Chip @ LSU next year

Les Miles is under fire and the niners could be a disaster

few big-time college coaches do well at this level (Spurrier, Saban).

I guess the Iggles are still cleaning out from his regime, I hear stuff like 'getting their own players in'.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Saban would eat up a Chip Kelly squad in the SEC. LSU hangs afloat, because they can match physicality. They just lack the QBs to make the difference. The physicality will go out the window with Kelly.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Saban would eat up a Chip Kelly squad in the SEC. LSU hangs afloat, because they can match physicality. They just lack the QBs to make the difference. The physicality will go out the window with Kelly.
    few years ago I read Barry Switzer's book 'Bootlegger's Boy' and he emphasized that the college game was all about recruiting/talent. No one would accuse Switzer of being a intellectual but he was great at getting in the living room and talking mom and dad into getting junior to go to Oklahoma. I think guys like Miles can get talent but can't always use it right. Saban and Spurrier didn't do so well in the NFL with average talent (maybe below-average).
    SEC plays some great ball, that's for sure.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    No one would accuse Switzer of being a intellectual but he was great at getting in the living room and talking mom and dad into getting junior to go to Oklahoma.
    "Talking"? That is one way of putting it. Have you seen the 30-for-30 documentary on SMU? If not, I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    "Talking"? That is one way of putting it. Have you seen the 30-for-30 documentary on SMU? If not, I highly recommend it.
    +1. Meyer was another Switzer; remember him in the NFL? fired going 5-4. (replaced by Ray Berry, who took them to the SB).

I always liked SMU. I love weak programs that assert themselves (Kansas State, TCU). too bad they cheated. at least they cheated and won; I've heard stories about cheaters that still lose. IIRC one of the Maryland colleges had a 30-year old basketball player. he'd graduate and show up at another school claiming to be a 19-year-old transfer, play two years, and start over. thing is, the team still lost.