Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. How far fetched would trading Campanaro be?

We have all been focusing so much on Jeremy Butler being the player fighting for his spot on this roster but could Campanaro be in danger? He only had one reception all preseason and didn't do much in the return game. Now that Perriman is fully healthy, Chris Moore has shown some flashes, and Butler once again had a great camp...Campy can't be too high on the depth chart.

I know we need a punt returner and he is probably our best option on the current roster, but wouldn't it make a ton of sense to go outside the organization and bring in a more proven commodity? Someone who doesn't have the injury history?

If we could get anything back in a trade, say a 5th round pick, shouldn't it be something we consider?

Blog Entries

Re: How far fetched would trading Campanaro be?

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    We have all been focusing so much on Jeremy Butler being the player fighting for his spot on this roster but could Campanaro be in danger? He only had one reception all preseason and didn't do much in the return game. Now that Perriman is fully healthy, Chris Moore has shown some flashes, and Butler once again had a great camp...Campy can't be too high on the depth chart.

I know we need a punt returner and he is probably our best option on the current roster, but wouldn't it make a ton of sense to go outside the organization and bring in a more proven commodity? Someone who doesn't have the injury history?

If we could get anything back in a trade, say a 5th round pick, shouldn't it be something we consider?
    Yes, it would make sense to look outside of the organization for a returner. However, I wouldn't say it makes a ton of sense, with touchbacks now putting offenses at the 25 yard line to start. If you could get a fifth round pick for Campanaro, you would have to take the deal. However, the reality of anyone offering a draft pick for him at all is unlikely. Who is going to give up a draft pick for a guy who can't stay on the field?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

3. Re: How far fetched would trading Campanaro be?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yes, it would make sense to look outside of the organization for a returner. However, I wouldn't say it makes a ton of sense, with touchbacks now putting offenses at the 25 yard line to start. If you could get a fifth round pick for Campanaro, you would have to take the deal. However, the reality of anyone offering a draft pick for him at all is unlikely. Who is going to give up a draft pick for a guy who can't stay on the field?
    Well that's why you make it a conditional draft pick

In the next couple of days we'll be seeing several good return men being cut. Not sure why Campy would get us a draft pick of any kind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    Well that's why you make it a conditional draft pick
    So a conditional 6th or 7th? I guess it's possible but wouldn't really be worth it.

We don't need Camp, Butler and Moore and Pitta can work the middle of the field. Let Belechick have him.

Blog Entries

I don't think anyone is going to trade for him. I do think there is a pretty significant chance he gets cut, though. Reality is he's been outplayed by everyone that's going to be on the roster at receiver (inc. Perriman!). You'd be keeping him for "potential" and not much else.

I'm not impressed with him at all. I see the flashes of talent, but the guy can't stay healthy. I'd trade him for the right offer.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Campanaro has played seven games in two years. There's really not too many teams willing to trade for that.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

what fury said..plus the coaching staff love this kid he's not going anywhere.

Campanaro is our best PR and best slot WR. No chance we get rid of him.

Does anyone remember this play against the Steelers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etUrOJ1X9Cg

No other WR on our team has that kind of quickness. We'd be fools to give up on that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Campanaro has played seven games in two years. There's really not too many teams willing to trade for that.
    This.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.