Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 8081828384 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Dean Pees Thread of Darkness and Hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The Matt Elam special.

Also probably the only blown coverage Weddle had all year. I remember him making a comment that it was his fault after the game.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...3-bf1756d41438

“We played well, we just gave up a big play – myself – you make a mistake in a critical situation, you lose a game, that’s what happened,” Weddle said. “I should be there.”
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I genuinely believe Brady is on PEDS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's about to release a book on his eating habits and diet. There are work arounds that don't include PED's. Terrence Newman and Charles Woodson used red wine

Blog Entries

He takes HGH or something along those lines for sure IMO.

As for the D. I think it has to be at least as good as what the Texans d was like last season. Expecting anything along the lines of a 2000 defense is extremely lofty to put it mildly.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 07-17-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Blog Entries

He takes HGH or something along those lines for sure IMO.

As for the D. I think it has to be at least as good as what the Texans d was like last season. Expecting anything along the lines of a 2000 defense is extremely lofty to put it mildly.
    To expect anything other than we we got the last 5 years is lofty.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Yeah to even mention the 2000 defense in this discussion is an insult to that 2000 D. They were arguably the best ever.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

would not surprise me

9. Re: The Official Dean Pees Thread of Darkness and Hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    would not surprise me
    It would surprise me. The guy is a nut about eating right and stretching.

Just blindly accusing/assuming PED's because a guy is good is just plain hating. Unless I see some direct evidence I'm not going to just throw that kind of accusation out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    It would surprise me. The guy is a nut about eating right and stretching.

Just blindly accusing/assuming PED's because a guy is good is just plain hating. Unless I see some direct evidence I'm not going to just throw that kind of accusation out there.
    i didn't make the accusation now. I just said it wouldn't surprise me...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I have gone from hating Pees to actually now feeling comfortable with him. As time has passed and I've looked back at the roster, I realize it hasn't been as talented as we may have thought. In particular, I think the fault was that we always had a critical weakness at corner. You can have a critical weakness on offense and scheme around it, but not on defense. Especially not at corner.

I go back and look at last season and what do I see? I see a defense that was monstrous when Jimmy Smith was healthy. I see a defense that, with a big hole at corner, gets fucked up (see: divisional loss to the Patriots in 2014, Dez Bryant destroying Tavon Young, Christmas 2016 loss to Steelers). I see this pattern continue throughout the Pees era. Relying on scrubs like Asa Jackson, Chykie Brown, Rashaan Melvin, Kyle Arrington, and Shareece Wright when Jimmy or Webb went down. Webb being half the corner he used to be because of two blown ACLs.

When we were successful, we had a stable of capable (not necessarily great) corners - healthy Smith/Webb, Corey Graham, and Cary Williams. We also had rotational pass rushers in Pernell McPhee and Paul Kruger. But in the post Super Bowl years, Suggs was often out, and Dumervil ended up fading and no one replaced the lost talent.

BUT! This is the first year in a long time we actually have depth at corner. This is the first year in a long time we have depth at pass rush. I think this bodes well for us. I think that there's a reason Tony Jefferson watched tape of this scheme and liked what he saw.

So, this is the year that makes or breaks my decision on Pees. If Suggs goes down, we have the depth to fill it. If Jimmy goes down, we have the depth to fill it. If BWill goes down, we have the depth to fill it. There's not more glaring weakness and I expect this to be a top 5 unit (along with Seattle, New England, Denver, and possibly the Rams (because Wade Phillips is a boss)).
    Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome to me.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Your opinion on Pees is well documented here. I'm not a huge fan, but don't think he's as bad as you make him out to be. He hasn't had enough talent in the secondary since he's been here and has had to deal with constant injuries to Jimmy and Sizzle.

I do think this is going to end up being the best defense we've had since 2011. I thought that before the most recent draft class... and a defense heavy draft has already reinforced that notion. We signed a safety who can pair with Weddle and form a top 3 safety duo in the league which allows us to be more creative. We also recommend signed Webb for some good depth. We re signed our nose tackle, so our run defense is not going to drop off. Drafting Humphrey and signing Carr is going to provide us with better depth that we haven't had since 2012 at CB. Suggs should be good for at least 8 sacks, and maybe more if he can actually stay healthy, then hopefully one of Judon, Williams or Bowser steps up to replace Dumervil.

This is definitely the most talented defense we've had since 2011 on paper, and Pees is out of excuses now.