Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

*OT* But hear me out! NEED FANTASY PLAYERS!

I've run one successful leage for a few years now. Last year there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth that I didn't have room.

I suggested starting a second league and quite a few expressed interest to join, GOTA being the first.

Needless to say, I followed through, we had ALL 12 slots filled rather quickly. BUT saying your in and then sending me your email address is something entirely different. I actually went past the deadline by 3 days before seeking replacements.

Regardless I currently have 4 slots for players who did not send me their emails. They still have time, but I will begin accepting replacements.

Be forewarned, if you join, I expect participation. Those playing deserve that. I stay on top of shit in my league.

There is no fee, it is for fun and bragging rights, and shit talking.

ESPN is the host, and it is basic rules - no defensive players. *Suggestions may be considered*

AND BEFORE THIS GETS "MOVED" ADMINS, give it a few hours of life before banishing it to the DEADZONE known as the "FANTASY LOUNGE"

p.s. I will run a picke'm and survivor pool out of that forum. Here is the link: Russel Silver Report Football League. (RSRFL)

Blog Entries

Re: *OT* But hear me out! NEED FANTASY PLAYERS!

It's been several years since I've played FF.

Count me in Cap'n. I'll PM you my email address.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Why should people join your league, only to be slain by the Excellector?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I've run one successful leage for a few years now. Last year there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth that I didn't have room.

I suggested starting a second league and quite a few expressed interest to join, GOTA being the first.

Needless to say, I followed through, we had ALL 12 slots filled rather quickly. BUT saying your in and then sending me your email address is something entirely different. I actually went past the deadline by 3 days before seeking replacements.

Regardless I currently have 4 slots for players who did not send me their emails. They still have time, but I will begin accepting replacements.

Be forewarned, if you join, I expect participation. Those playing deserve that. I stay on top of shit in my league.

There is no fee, it is for fun and bragging rights, and shit talking.

ESPN is the host, and it is basic rules - no defensive players. *Suggestions may be considered*

AND BEFORE THIS GETS "MOVED" ADMINS, give it a few hours of life before banishing it to the DEADZONE known as the "FANTASY LOUNGE"

p.s. I will run a picke'm and survivor pool out of that forum. Here is the link: Russel Silver Report Football League. (RSRFL)
    I was one that said I was interested (Still am, if work allows me the time) that did not give e-mail address and I apologize. That's all on me, my bad! Like I said in the latest private message, I am still interested but will be extremely busy until October. I will have time to make roster changes and make sure everyone on my team will be playing and not on a bye. I will keep up and legit participate, but like I said in my last message, IF there is someone else that wants my spot, give it to them, if you need me to fill one, I'd be more than happy to and will legit play. :)

Hey Cap not sure if you meant for me to post on here or not.

I went through the league settings and rules. First and foremost, we shouldn't have more than 5 bench spots. There will be literally no people to pick up from waivers. Also, lets add an IR spot just because injuries are so prevalent now-a-days.

The scoring changes I would suggest are as follows:

-Instead of having 1 point per 25 yards passing, lets do .04 points per 1 yard passing. In the current scenario, if a dude throws for say 50 yards...he gets 2 points. If he throws for 49 he gets 1 point.

-Same for running backs and wide receivers. Instead of award 1 point per 10 yards, award 0.1 points per 1 yard.

-I just think that every player should get the points for his yards. If you get 49 yards rushing...you should get 4.9 points....not 4 points because you're 1 point shy of 50.

-Would you guys consider doing PPR or maybe ½ PPR?

- I think we should also deduct points for missed field goals. If a guy misses a field within 39 yards he should get -3.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

I went through the league settings and rules. First and foremost, we shouldn't have more than 5 bench spots. There will be literally no people to pick up from waivers. Also, lets add an IR spot just because injuries are so prevalent now-a-days.

-Instead of having 1 point per 25 yards passing, lets do .04 points per 1 yard passing. In the current scenario, if a dude throws for say 50 yards...he gets 2 points. If he throws for 49 he gets 1 point.

-Same for running backs and wide receivers. Instead of award 1 point per 10 yards, award 0.1 points per 1 yard.

-I just think that every player should get the points for his yards. If you get 49 yards rushing...you should get 4.9 points....not 4 points because you're 1 point shy of 50.

- I think we should also deduct points for missed field goals. If a guy misses a field within 39 yards he should get -3.
    That sounds fair.

I always liked PPR anyway. Makes possession receivers valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Do you not all realize the futility of your pitiful pleas?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

i agree with all the set up ideas. the scoring changes are good suggestions as well. btw what is an IR spot?

here are my suggestions:
    -give bonus point for 100+ yards rushing, 125+ yards receiving, 300+ yards passing
    -give bonus point for 150+ yards rushing, 175+ yards receiving, 400+ yards passing
    -field goals < 29 yards = 1 point
    -missed field goal < 29 yards = -3 points
    -missed field goal 30 < 39 yards = -1 point
    -pat missed = -3 points
    -if yall decide on .5 ppr or less give additional points for return yards...0.04 points per 1 return yard (could be team or individual player option or both)
    -change waivers to FAAB...basically everyone starts the year with $100 to bid on players during waiver period...IMO much better than other options
    -are playoffs really 2 weeks per round? would anyone want to allow 6 teams in vs 4 and top 2 get bye and make playoffs 3 rounds and only 1 week per round?

ok thats all i got :) btw when is the draft?

9. Re: *OT* But hear me out! NEED FANTASY PLAYERS!

PM box is full....so if there is a spot left I would join. jmacfarlane8284@gmail.com

I'm down with that. I'd say a 1/2 PPR and even consider a 0.25 PPR. full point is just way too WR focused.

I'm not down for doing bonuses per game (ie: 100 yards rushing = additional points). It goes against doing 0.1 point per yard (ie: if a RB finishes with 99 yards they don't get the bonus. That contradicts adapting the points to make sure you don't get 4 points for 39 yards as an example.

Also captain I think you have eveyrthing you need from me.

Looking forward to whooping you all.

I'd also make the plea to having ONE fantasy football thread titled OT Russel Silver Report Football League. (RSRFL) on the main board.

I think the discussion and chirping could be entertaining, and as you said, the fantasy lounge is dead.

That being said I respect the opinion of the MOD's and would understand (based on the purpose of the main board) it being in the fantasy lounge. Just a plea.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

OKAY, move the thread, my inbox got crushed. WE FULL! I'll address the rules in MY THREAD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'd also make the plea to having ONE fantasy football thread titled OT Russel Silver Report Football League. (RSRFL) on the main board.

I think the discussion and chirping could be entertaining, and as you said, the fantasy lounge is dead.

That being said I respect the opinion of the MOD's and would understand (based on the purpose of the main board) it being in the fantasy lounge. Just a plea.
    As much as I appreciate the thought. When kickoff happens the main board gets busy. I'll keep people appraised of the fun over in the Fantasy Area.

Besides, I like taking over a dead area and bringing it to life.

I'd rather see the other NFL stuff in the MAIN during the season, but that got shot down a million times...