Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tunstil Moved to G . . . and still not starting

Blog Entries

Re: Tunstil Moved to G . . . and still not starting

JO played Guard for a whole season and was a 1st ballot hall of famer. What a rookie does at the start of camp doesn't mean much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    JO played Guard for a whole season and was a 1st ballot hall of famer. What a rookie does at the start of camp doesn't mean much.
    Plus the Dolphins already have Albert at LT who is good when he's not hurt.

Blog Entries

To add to that, many people use Ogden's transition as an example of how easy it is to put a prospective Tackle at Guard for a season. The transition isn't as easy as it seems.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Plus the Dolphins already have Albert at LT who is good when he's not hurt.
    And they drafted Ja'Wuan James for RT.

However, if he doesn't start over Thomas or Turner that will be disappointing for him. Still early in camp though
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

True, but I see more than that. Tunsil was rated by many as the #1 pick before the draft (and all the QB trades were made). OK, but then he not only falls behind our guy (Stanley), but even the Titans pick Conklin 5 picks ahead of him. He lands at #13, and with question marks, while JO was the undisputed Olineman in 1996... Bc

Blog Entries

I see a lot of Ole Miss and SEC in general. The guy has a ton of upside but he's very raw. I think they knew that when they drafted him, to a point. They'll need to be patient with him but it could pay off in the long run

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I see a lot of Ole Miss and SEC in general. The guy has a ton of upside but he's very raw. I think they knew that when they drafted him, to a point. They'll need to be patient with him but it could pay off in the long run
    Hopefully, the embarrassment did him some good, if he hadn't already been prepared to change. Sometimes, in life, we need that extra bit of embarrassment. That extra bit of a hit on the head to humble us. I just posted a link in the 'Around the League' thread about IK Enemkpali, the guy who broke Geno Smith's jaw. It got me think that maybe that's what Geno needed to be humbled. Sometimes, these things can work out for the better.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    And they drafted Ja'Wuan James for RT.

However, if he doesn't start over Thomas or Turner that will be disappointing for him. Still early in camp though
    :word Not beating out Dallas Thomas is a bigger concern than being switched to LG. Thomas is the worst Linemen in the league and Tunsil should easily win the starting job.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 08-14-2016 at 03:07 PM.

An inventory needs to be taken of all the pundits who took shots at Oz for taking Stanley. They act like Oz got cold feet on draft day and it was all just about a video. Like Ozzy is some stupid child. There is a need to let some of these useless pricks know that people are watching.

Don't rain on our Schaudenfreude parade.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    An inventory needs to be taken of all the pundits who took shots at Oz for taking Stanley. They act like Oz got cold feet on draft day and it was all just about a video. Like Ozzy is some stupid child. There is a need to let some of these useless pricks know that people are watching.
    Well I dont think this is a negative reflection on Tunsil. Or at least as negative as you're making it sound.

Unseating an established vet who is good when healthy in Albert at LT or a solid former first round pick in James isn't an easy thing to do.

Most Dolphin fans believed he was drafted to play G and be an insurance piece in case one of the tackles gets injured.

That being said, I'm all for taking shots at the draft day experts who critize just about everything Oz does. I do have an inventory too
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB