Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213
    Blog Entries

Re: Ben Watson: Planned Parenthood rooted in racism

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Viability has nothing to do with when a distinct human life begins, which scientifically is at conception. That is a hard thing to deny.

What does viability have to do with it? Left to its own devices a 1 year old baby is not viable.

I don't think as a man I am eliminated from my view that human life is sacred and should be protected. There is a way to not get pregnant, and it is viable. People can exercise some self control.

And finally, statistically speaking, a woman is VERY much more likely to choose abortion when being pressured by a man. Abortion, in reality, is more about a man's convenience than anything else. If those men can have influence I don't see why I can't.
    The concept of "self control" is being naive when it comes to sex. Sure, we'd all like our sons and daughters to exercise sound judgement in their lives, but shit happens. Condoms break. Birth control isn't a 100% fail safe. Some medication even reduces the ability of birth control to do its job (antibiotics, for example).

I would argue that you're dead wrong about abortions being more about the man than the woman. In some cases, sure, you're spot on. However, in a lot of cases, the girl just isn't ready to be a parent and isn't ready to have her body wrecked for the better part of a year.

We're not going to agree on this at all. I respect your opinion and why you feel the way you do. And in some way, I don't disagree. I just see a lot of kids growing up in bad situations and I think it's almost as equal of an atrocity to bring a life into this world and essentially ruin it before the kid even had a real shot because the parents made a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Why did Jesus die? He was very clear about this. Jesus said he was choosing to lay down his life. For us. Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends."2 But, why?

Because he looked at our hearts, our actions, and saw us as sick, needy, weak, sinful, blind and lost. This was Jesus' stated view of us, which we don't like. But you also need to see his actions about it. It's not distant judgment or condemnation. It's not uninvolved, nor unsympathetic. Whether you agree with him or not, he saw us as desperately in need. He saw our lives as not working properly. Not living in fullness or living out the goodness he created us for.
    Except God wanted us to fix ourselves while here, while trying to live a life in accordance with Jesus' ministry.

Also, none of what you posted is relevant to what Greg said about only God knowing the heart of Sanger at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Except God wanted us to fix ourselves while here, while trying to live a life in accordance with Jesus' ministry.

Also, none of what you posted is relevant to what Greg said about only God knowing the heart of Sanger at the end.
    Yup, my response was to the post about going to hell. Greg speaking for what God did is interesting also. As usual . I believe in God . LOL In a time of darkest despair and need, many turn to God for forgiveness.

But as usual, you have a different idea.

Yup, my response was to the post about going to hell. Greg speaking for what God did is interesting also. As usual . I believe in God . LOL In a time of darkest despair and need, many turn to God for forgiveness.

But as usual, you have a different idea.
    "What condition Sanger's and Bundy's hearts were in at death is something for God to know, not us."

What part of this is Greg speaking for what God did?

I have no idea what 'different' idea you are talking about.

"What condition Sanger's and Bundy's hearts were in at death is something for God to know, not us."

What part of this is Greg speaking for what God did?

I have no idea what 'different' idea you are talking about.
    Eh, you mincing words. Did you not see my response was about the response going to hell. Greg response is his opinion. As for "no Idea", I agree there. Why you are responding at all about what greg posted.

Eh, you mincing words. Did you not see my response was about the response going to hell. Greg response is his opinion. As for "no Idea", I agree there. Why you are responding at all about what greg posted.
    I am not mincing words. Greg did not speak for what God did. Perhaps you are confusing him with Darb.

I respond to things I see as obviously wrong. Whether it was directed specifically at me or not.

I am not mincing words. Greg did not speak for what God did. Perhaps you are confusing him with Darb.

I respond to things I see as obviously wrong. Whether it was directed specifically at me or not.
    Thanks for clarifying.