Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How are you preparing for football?

It's time to get serious and put together our game plans for the coming season. What are you doing? Here's some notes from my locker room white board:

Remind wife I have been putting up for months with the crap TV (Wheel of Fortune, etc) she and her 99 year-old mother have been watching -- now it's my turn.

Locate a reasonably priced bourbon -- W.L. Weller looks and tastes like a good buy here in Houston.

Stock up on micro brewery IPAs. (Two cases in the spare bedroom. Many more to come.)

Planning a day trip up to Georgetown, TX for some of their fine chardonnay.

Stocking up on Cheetos.

Perfecting special recipes -- mastered Guinness stew, fried shrimp, and jaeger schnitzel this week.

Have plenty of .40 cal hollow points -- not even ISIS can stop the NFL.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Re: How are you preparing for football?

Key Brewing located in Dundalk has a real nice IPA. My buddy who owns the tailgate bus that I ride one and sometimes drive is one of the owners. Good stuff, I swear.

http://www.keybrewing.com/

Blog Entries

Expanding my Fantasy Football reach to adding another league. Likely going to run a survivor pool and pick 'em pool. I always wanted to play FF a few years back but could never get into a league, so I made my own. Now I need to add a second. Same with the Survivor Pools and pick's pools, like to play but it is more fun when you know some of the folks you play against so I'm going to add that.

Blog Entries

I've binge watched the All or Nothing series on Amazon Prime. They follow the Cardinals throughout the 2015 season. It's completely uncensored and you get a great idea of just how difficult things can be week to week. The Ravens gave was very interesting. They had little respect for us since we were a 1 team an on the road. The Ravens made it closer than they thought possible. You can see though how teams dismiss the bad opponents and get bit because of it. I'm sure its happened a lot here

I'm currently researching flight prices from Edinburgh to Baltimore and deliberating when to come out for a few games. Last years' trip has me hooked!

Aside from that I'm just watching NFL Total Access everyday on the game pass and reading "Next Man Up" by John Feinstein which is an account of our season when we signed Dion Sanders. I'll also read Ray Lewis's book again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I've binge watched the All or Nothing series on Amazon Prime. They follow the Cardinals throughout the 2015 season. It's completely uncensored and you get a great idea of just how difficult things can be week to week. The Ravens gave was very interesting. They had little respect for us since we were a 1 team an on the road. The Ravens made it closer than they thought possible. You can see though how teams dismiss the bad opponents and get bit because of it. I'm sure its happened a lot here
    I have Prime. I gotta check that out. Will also need proper meds if Bengals manage to reach playoffs.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Try to catch up all my Dvr seasons. Binge watch all to clear room for Everything Football lol.
    Besides that get head strong for Fantasy Football. Tell work No More Sundays or Thursdays. Just worked my last Sunday of year.

Come Wednesday the sweet world of Football as i can't live without become 24/7 all day everyday lol.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    I'm currently researching flight prices from Edinburgh to Baltimore and deliberating when to come out for a few games. Last years' trip has me hooked!

Aside from that I'm just watching NFL Total Access everyday on the game pass and reading "Next Man Up" by John Feinstein which is an account of our season when we signed Dion Sanders. I'll also read Ray Lewis's book again.

Next Man Up is a great book. Even though it is a little dated, you get a real feel for how Biscotti and Ozzie operate.

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    ... reading "Next Man Up" by John Feinstein ...
    Two other Ravens' book suggestions you might find worthwhile:

The Strength of A Champion - OJ Brigance
    Never Easy, Never Pretty - Dean Bartoli Smith (about the 2012 championship season)

I am SO EFFING GLAD training camp is upon us...the nonstop barrage of election noise and the incessant terrorist events have become mind-numbing and depressing. As good as the Orioles have (generally) been, nothing diverts my attention as well as football!

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Next Man Up is a great book. Even though it is a little dated, you get a real feel for how Biscotti and Ozzie operate.
    Yeh, I'm really enjoying it so far. At the point just after that MNF loss to KC. I also bit the bullet and bought a ticket for our road game at the Patriots in Dec! They still have cheap singles on there via Ticketmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Two other Ravens' book suggestions you might find worthwhile:

The Strength of A Champion - OJ Brigance
    Never Easy, Never Pretty - Dean Bartoli Smith (about the 2012 championship season)
    Thanks for these recommendations. I'll order them this week. They sound right up my street.