Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 30313233 LastLast

News From Within The AFC North Division

The Bengals sit at 1-2 in the division with both losses being AFC losses. They will get the easy, home TNF football win this week. But afterwards, they are on the road at Dallas and New England. They could easily be 2-4. That would be a new look for Marvin's team as they have usually started fast (unfortunately often at the Ravens' expense), only to fade late season. Will be interesting to see how this plays out...
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 09-27-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    The Bengals sit at 1-2 in the division with both losses being AFC losses. They will get the easy, home TNF football win this week. But afterwards, they are on the road at Dallas and New England. They could easily be 2-4. That would be a new look for Marvin's team as they have usually started fast (unfortunately often at the Ravens' expense), only to fade late season. Will be interesting to see how this plays out...
    I thought the Bengals matched up well against the Broncos and were going to win that game. The way they lost is making me re-evaluate that team. They have real defensive issues. They were way behind against the Jets and needed some huge offensive plays to come back. The Steelers wore them down and pulled away in the second half. The Broncos did the exact same thing.

What's most interesting is that all 3 opponents attacked and beat the Bengals through the air. Last year the Bengals allowed the 2nd fewest passing TDs in the NFL. This year they can't get pressure and their CBs are getting beat. Marvin has never been great when it comes to adjustment. His game has always been about great preparation and execution. If they can't execute the Bengals are going to struggle against teams who throw down field which these days is most of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I thought the Bengals matched up well against the Broncos and were going to win that game. The way they lost is making me re-evaluate that team. They have real defensive issues. They were way behind against the Jets and needed some huge offensive plays to come back. The Steelers wore them down and pulled away in the second half. The Broncos did the exact same thing.

What's most interesting is that all 3 opponents attacked and beat the Bengals through the air. Last year the Bengals allowed the 2nd fewest passing TDs in the NFL. This year they can't get pressure and their CBs are getting beat. Marvin has never been great when it comes to adjustment. His game has always been about great preparation and execution. If they can't execute the Bengals are going to struggle against teams who throw down field which these days is most of them.
    I haven't seen them yet but looking forward to tonight. Looking at stats, Dalton has thrown 12 redzone passes and only has 1 score. Without Sanu and Eifert, they don't have much at the receiving position. I do expect the defense to improve with Burfict back, but they are facing a weak QB tonight so it won't be the same test as Denver and Pitt.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I haven't seen them yet but looking forward to tonight. Looking at stats, Dalton has thrown 12 redzone passes and only has 1 score. Without Sanu and Eifert, they don't have much at the receiving position. I do expect the defense to improve with Burfict back, but they are facing a weak QB tonight so it won't be the same test as Denver and Pitt.
    I can tell you they played Pittsburgh tough. If it wasn't for the RedZone woes that you pointed out that game could have very well been a win for Cincy. In spite of the 1-2 record I think they are pretty good team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    I can tell you they played Pittsburgh tough. If it wasn't for the RedZone woes that you pointed out that game could have very well been a win for Cincy. In spite of the 1-2 record I think they are pretty good team.
    Thanks. I'm going to reluctantly pick them tonight, even though it's Dalton in a primetime game :DeadHorse:

It's also Tannehill on the road, on a short week, against a team that really needs a win. I think it could go either way but I'll roll with the home team

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

If the Ravens take care of business, they will start this season 5-1, which means that the Bengals cannot afford another slip up in the first half of this season. Starting off 2-4 would put them a full three games behind Baltimore before the halfway mark, with one loss to Pittsburgh already. Their schedule cleans up in the second half of the season, but not enough for them to overcome that type of start if Pittsburgh and Baltimore continue momentum:

Week 10 @ Giants
    Week 12 @ Ravens
    Week 13 vs Eagles
    Week 15 vs Steelers
    Week 16 @ Texans
    Week 17 vs Ravens
    Last edited by The Excellector; 09-29-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If the Ravens take care of business, they will start this season 5-1, which means that the Bengals cannot afford another slip up in the first half of this season. Starting off 2-4 would put them a full three games behind Baltimore before the halfway mark, with one loss to Pittsburgh already. Their schedule cleans up in the second half of the season, but not enough for them to overcome that type of start if Pittsburgh and Baltimore continue momentum:

Week 10 @ Giants
    Week 12 @ Ravens
    Week 13 vs Eagles
    Week 15 vs Steelers
    Week 16 @ Texans
    Week 17 vs Bengals
    I think week 17 you mean vs Ravens. Bengals can't play the Bengals..or can they....hmmmm...

Thanks. I'm going to reluctantly pick them tonight, even though it's Dalton in a primetime game :DeadHorse:

It's also Tannehill on the road, on a short week, against a team that really needs a win. I think it could go either way but I'll roll with the home team
    When I was making my picks for the office pool the other day, ran across some interesting facts about tonight's matchup:

- Cincy is 5-16 all time against the Fins
    - Cincy hasn't beaten the Fins since 2007

Still think they'll win tonight, but that's a crummy track record.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    When I was making my picks for the office pool the other day, ran across some interesting facts about tonight's matchup:

- Cincy is 5-16 all time against the Fins
    - Cincy hasn't beaten the Fins since 2007

Still think they'll win tonight, but that's a crummy track record.
    Cincy's track record against the AFC East is terrible. I actually crunched numbers once when we had one of those threads about how much easier NE had it playing that division vs ours. Someone else did an "our div vs their div" head to head record and it came out even. So I did it by team and most of the division loses to the AFCE belonged to Cincy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    I appreciate you saying that. Eifert was so clutch in the Red Zone last year and we are missing Sanu and Jones.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Cincinnati is the home team on TNF. As usual, this will be a blowout.

Bengals 31
    Dolphins 13

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Cincinnati is the home team on TNF. As usual, this will be a blowout.

Bengals 31
    Dolphins 13
    I hope you're right. I will start game thread early.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎