Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast
Results 349 to 360 of 386
  1. #349

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Okay, so you're the owner of the Browns. (Sorry.) Let's assume you thought highly enough of Hue Jackson to hire him as your head coach. How bad would this team have to be for you to fire him at the end of this season? Is there any way you fire him and start all over AGAIN next year with a new coach? Would 0-16 do it?
    Rob Chudzinski thinks 4-12 would do it.





  2. #350
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    30,140
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Okay, so you're the owner of the Browns. (Sorry.) Let's assume you thought highly enough of Hue Jackson to hire him as your head coach. How bad would this team have to be for you to fire him at the end of this season?

    Is there any way you fire him and start all over AGAIN next year with a new coach? Would 0-16 do it?

    Personally I think he comes back next year no matter how bad this team is.
    Haslam bought the team in 2012. He's already on his 4th head coach and who knows how many front office people. He doesn't seem to have a problem firing and starting over. Why would this be any different?





  3. #351

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Wow! Worst luck ever. 0-16 coming up
    Now, you may be right. With McCown and Coleman, the Browns could make some plays. With those guys out, they are probably done.

    The Ravens probably got the toughest game from them all season.





  4. #352
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    48,411
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I don't care if it's your first year or not. You go 0-16, you're fired.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    At first, I was like "oh come on...one year isn't enough to turn things around".

    Then I thought about it and I agree. You can't turn over an entirely new roster in one off-season and 0-16 says more about you as a coach than it does about the roster talent.

    To me, as a first year Hc of a bad roster, I want you to at least get to 4-12. Then we can evaluate key positions a bit better during the off season and see where we need to go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  5. #353
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    34,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    At first, I was like "oh come on...one year isn't enough to turn things around".

    Then I thought about it and I agree. You can't turn over an entirely new roster in one off-season and 0-16 says more about you as a coach than it does about the roster talent.

    To me, as a first year Hc of a bad roster, I want you to at least get to 4-12. Then we can evaluate key positions a bit better during the off season and see where we need to go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was challenging before the season, look at their schedule and find the wins. Now they don't even have a QB and the Titans game is the only one I give them a chance in. And I will Pick TN in that game

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/sched.../schedule.html
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  6. #354
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Haslam bought the team in 2012. He's already on his 4th head coach and who knows how many front office people. He doesn't seem to have a problem firing and starting over. Why would this be any different?
    New coaches. New philosophy. New players to fit the new philosophy. Start seasons on heels. Malaise sets in. Wash. Repeat.





  7. #355
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    34,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Browns 3rd rd pick

    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot 4m4 minutes ago
    #Browns Ray Horton said Carl Nassib got his hand "caught in a guy's facemask and it broke. Can possibly play with cast on''
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  8. #356
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    38,000
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Browns 3rd rd pick

    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot 4m4 minutes ago
    #Browns Ray Horton said Carl Nassib got his hand "caught in a guy's facemask and it broke. Can possibly play with cast on''
    another one???





  9. #357
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    34,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    another one???
    well since you asked: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-questionable/

    Browns kicker injures knee in walkthrough, will be listed as questionable

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  10. #358

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    The dumpster fire seems to be burning particularly bright this year. Good grief.





  11. #359

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    Josh McCown has a broken collarbone. He'll be out for a while.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco





  12. #360

    Re: News From Within The AFC North Division

    It's like they're TRYING to get hurt now. I guess we broke their spirit pretty early this year.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site