Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT- college football

This will likely be a short lived thread but was hoping we could talk about college football for those interested.

Very interesting that the Big 12 announced they would not expand. Then the ACC just announced they are going to have their own network like the Big 10. Now because of this, the Big 12 is adding up to 4 teams, which should be interesting.

Houston and Cincinnati are the likely first two IMO. Not sure who else.

And what about the ACC, have they become the 3rd best conference? Some really good coaching hires this offseason and they already have solid teams.

Just wanted to kick it around.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: OT- college football

How long does the AAC have its teams locked up?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I'm not aware if anything that would stop an AAC team from bolting. Their commissioner said they would stay at 10 teams. So if one or more leaves; they'll replace them.

Blog Entries

Didn't Louisville join the ACC a while back?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Didn't Louisville join the ACC a while back?
    Yup, they did. ACC could be very good this year and in the next few. Not only do you have the likes of Clemson, Florida State and North Carolina, all very good teams. But some of the new coaches really could lift the coastal league.
    Fuentes at Virginia Tech; Miami luring Mark Richt from Georgia where he had one hell of a career in the SEC, Virginia got Bronco Mendenhall from BYU where the guy won 10 games or more a year. Both those guys will upgrade their offenses immediately. Even Syracuse got Dino Babers from Bowling Green and he should update their offense right away.

If the coastal league can pull it's weight that will be one tough conference. Even teams like Duke are winning. Duke! Georgia TEch had a down year but they've been very good of late. And they locked up Notre Dame's rights for the next 20 years so if they decide to join a conference, it has to be the ACC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yup, they did. ACC could be very good this year and in the next few. Not only do you have the likes of Clemson, Florida State and North Carolina, all very good teams. But some of the new coaches really could lift the coastal league.
    Fuentes at Virginia Tech; Miami luring Mark Richt from Georgia where he had one hell of a career in the SEC, Virginia got Bronco Mendenhall from BYU where the guy won 10 games or more a year. Both those guys will upgrade their offenses immediately. Even Syracuse got Dino Babers from Bowling Green and he should update their offense right away.

If the coastal league can pull it's weight that will be one tough conference. Even teams like Duke are winning. Duke! Georgia TEch had a down year but they've been very good of late. And they locked up Notre Dame's rights for the next 20 years so if they decide to join a conference, it has to be the ACC
    Yea, that's a pretty incredible haul for coaches. Babers to Syracuse and Mendenhall to UVA is going to be super interesting.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, that's a pretty incredible haul for coaches. Babers to Syracuse and Mendenhall to UVA is going to be super interesting.
    If Miami gives Mark Richt the resources and does something about their stadium he could bring them back to a national power. ACC stock is on the rise IMO.

I knew this would be a short lived thread but figured a few more on the board were into college football.

This will likely be a short lived thread but was hoping we could talk about college football for those interested.

Very interesting that the Big 12 announced they would not expand. Then the ACC just announced they are going to have their own network like the Big 10. Now because of this, the Big 12 is adding up to 4 teams, which should be interesting.

Houston and Cincinnati are the likely first two IMO. Not sure who else.

And what about the ACC, have they become the 3rd best conference? Some really good coaching hires this offseason and they already have solid teams.

Just wanted to kick it around.
    Curious as to who you would have as the #2 conference if not the ACC? I think top to bottom the ACC is easily the 2nd best conference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Curious as to who you would have as the #2 conference if not the ACC? I think top to bottom the ACC is easily the 2nd best conference.
    The PAC 12. You can make an argument for either. It's very close

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The PAC 12. You can make an argument for either. It's very close
    Agree with you on Pac 12. That is who I would have 3rd right now. Although they are coming off a tough year last year. Right now I think FSU and Clemson put the ACC over the top of any other conference as they are going to be in the playoff discussion all year.

Blog Entries

The ACC network will be huge for them; it's changed the whole landscape of college football after the Big10 Network, which many said was a stupid idea and would never work. It's an windfall for those schools.

The Big 12 should be very worried. If Texas and Oklahoma bolt for the SEC, for example, they are going to be in danger of having teams jump ship.

If Miami gives Mark Richt the resources and does something about their stadium he could bring them back to a national power. ACC stock is on the rise IMO.
    He's a hell of a recruiter from what I've read over the years.
    It will indeed be interesting with how he handles Miami.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver