Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If people want to stop having negative interactions with police, they should stop breaking the law and obey and comply when interacting. We think there there is an issue with police "targeting" black people and use incomplete info to back what we want to believe.

We know BLM and others are targeting and murdering police as a result of that. I think I know which one is the bigger issue, but believe what you want.
    Did you miss the part of DOJ report were people who aren't doing anything wrong were being targeted by police? How about Philando Castile doing everything he was taught to do by his concealed carry class and his parents but still ending up dead? Saying that "Well if you just didn't break the law..." overlooks the fact that in many cases people either aren't breaking any laws or that the cops are targeting people for petty offenses that the average American (i.e. white) would get away with further increasing Police interactions that could end up with someone dead.

How riding your bike can land you in trouble with the cops — if you're black

But here's something they don't mention about the people they ticket:

Eight out of 10 are black.

A Tampa Bay Times investigation has found that Tampa police are targeting poor, black neighborhoods with obscure subsections of a Florida statute that outlaws things most people have tried on a bike, like riding with no light or carrying a friend on the handlebars.

Officers use these minor violations as an excuse to stop, question and search almost anyone on wheels. The department doesn't just condone these stops, it encourages them, pushing officers who patrol high-crime neighborhoods to do as many as possible.

There was the 56-year-old man who rode his bike through a stop sign while pulling a lawnmower. Police handcuffed him while verifying he had, indeed, borrowed the mower from a friend.

There was the 54-year-old man whose bike was confiscated because he couldn't produce a receipt to prove it was his.

One woman was walking her bike home after cooking for an elderly neighbor. She said she was balancing a plate of fish and grits in one hand when an officer flagged her down and issued her a $51 ticket for not having a light. With late fees, it has since ballooned to $90. She doesn't have the money to pay.

The Times analyzed more than 10,000 bicycle tickets Tampa police issued in the past dozen years. The newspaper found that even though blacks make up about a quarter of the city's population, they received 79 percent of the bike tickets.

OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

Can we be as men and tell the truth here. If we keep it 100 we can make progress. If we keep regurgitating Fox talking points we won't get to the crux of the matter.
    Black people are routinely abused by cops. Black men are profiled unfairly. Can we agree about this? If we can't agree on this basic premise, you are delusional.
    Last edited by filthflarnfilth; 07-14-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    You highlighted the part of that article where the pundit implied that police are using lethal force in response to the higher rates of violent crime. I subsuquently posted a response in that very same article that said there is no correlation between violent crime and police use of lethal force. You then responsed with "Well, you know you can manipulate stats any way you want them!"
    That was in response to your graph.

Blog Entries

I'll say again, reducing legitimate concerns about policing in America and the lives lost to a conspiracy theory is disrespectful to many people who are no longer here with us and millions of others who have been adversely affected by terrible policing.
    this is not conspiracy bro, there is no conspiracy here and the reason those people are no longer with us is because those very people made sure of it and if they were today they would probably tell you the same thing I am, they feared for their lives but they knew they had to do something about it. These people are out in the light now and they are not afraid to show us what they are doing anymore because they are all too powerful this isn't stuff that is being made it's happening right in front our eyes but we are so narrow minded as people we are only looking at what's right in front of us and not what's going on behind the scenes. There is so much evidence to prove this. Policing in this country is just apart of their corrupt infrastructure to push their agenda it always was and will continue to be.

The only way black people can do something about this is not by hash tagging BLM that's a fraud too because a money hungry left European Jew is behind that as well, the only way we can claim what we rightfully deserve and make the necessary changes to ensure a better future for us and our children is through unity and not just walking and marching and protesting, we have to start inventing in ourselves. We have build our communities, stop killing each other is a good start, start creating, investing and spend black dollars in our communities, centralize our people, build our own security our own banks our own schools. We have to show we can build and sustain our own society outside of the one they provided for us. This is where I have an issues with black people who have the resources and have influence to help build a solution and become a champion to our people, but they won't they have their millions and the fear of stepping out will cost them everything they earned they are spineless the Micheal Jordans, the Oprah Winfreys they won't do a thing to support their own kind when it's time for action they may throw a couple dollars here and there and send a minority to college but that doesn't do a thing in the grand scheme of things for our people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    this is not conspiracy bro, there is no conspiracy here and the reason those people are no longer with us is because those very people made sure of it and if they were today they would probably tell you the same thing I am, they feared for their lives but they knew they had to do something about it. These people are out in the light now and they are not afraid to show us what they are doing anymore because they are all too powerful this isn't stuff that is being made it's happening right in front our eyes but we are so narrow minded as people we are only looking at what's right in front of us and not what's going on behind the scenes. There is so much evidence to prove this. Policing in this country is just apart of their corrupt infrastructure to push their agenda it always was and will continue to be.

The only way black people can do something about this is not by hash tagging BLM that's a fraud too because a money hungry left European Jew is behind that as well, the only way we can claim what we rightfully deserve and make the necessary changes to ensure a better future for us and our children is through unity and not just walking and marching and protesting, we have to start inventing in ourselves. We have build our communities, stop killing each other is a good start, start creating, investing and spend black dollars in our communities, centralize our people, build our own security our own banks our own schools. We have to show we can build and sustain our own society outside of the one they provided for us. This is where I have an issues with black people who have the resources and have influence to help build a solution and become a champion to our people, but they won't they have their millions and the fear of stepping out will cost them everything they earned they are spineless the Micheal Jordans, the Oprah Winfreys they won't do a thing to support their own kind when it's time for action they may throw a couple dollars here and there and send a minority to college but that doesn't do a thing in the grand scheme of things for our people.
    Saying that all the marching and protesting is just a result of the media driven narritive and that the organization is/has been bought a Jewish millionaire instead of actually considering the points BLM is calling attention is hella disrespectful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Can we be as men and tell the truth here. If we keep it 100 we can make progress. If we keep regurgitating Fox talking points we won't get got the crux of the matter.
    Black people are routinely abused by cops. Black men are profiled unfairly. Can we agree about this? If we can't agree on this basic premise, you are delusional.
    yes we are 100% but we can't say our lives matter until we stop killing each other as well, if we matter we gotta love each other first and stop killing our brothers and sisters and stand up for our brothers and sisters, we have to stop degrading our women our future mothers and queens who carry our seed, the problems starts with us first and until we start loving our people we can't move forward. Everyday in our beloved city of Baltimore a black man loses his life over some dumb shit by another black man, we can't take 2 steps forward then take 10 steps back. We gotta take care of our own first before we demand change.

Blog Entries

Saying that all the marching and protesting is just a result of the media driven narritive and that the organization is/has been bought a Jewish millionaire instead of actually considering the points BLM is calling attention is hella disrespectful.
    Not everyone likes to hear the truth man, it can be a hard thing to swallow, I am not meaning any disrespect by saying what I say but I also know telling the truth sometimes will be received in a negative light at the very least it may open your mind to go look into what I am saying.

[QUOTE=Jsmoove;1109934]this is not conspiracy bro, there is no conspiracy here and the reason those people are no longer with us is because those very people made sure of it and if they were today they would probably tell you the same thing I am, they feared for their lives but they knew they had to do something about it. These people are out in the light now and they are not afraid to show us what they are doing anymore because they are all too powerful this isn't stuff that is being made it's happening right in front our eyes but we are so narrow minded as people we are only looking at what's right in front of us and not what's going on behind the scenes. There is so much evidence to prove this. Policing in this country is just apart of their corrupt infrastructure to push their agenda it always was and will continue to be.

The only way black people can do something about this is not by hash tagging BLM that's a fraud too because a money hungry left European Jew is behind that as well, the only way we can claim what we rightfully deserve and make the necessary changes to ensure a better future for us and our children is through unity and not just walking and marching and protesting, we have to start inventing in ourselves. We have build our communities, stop killing each other is a good start, start creating, investing and spend black dollars in our communities, centralize our people, build our own security our own banks our own schools. We have to show we can build and sustain our own society outside of the one they provided for us. This is where I have an issues with black people who have the resources and have influence to help build a solution and become a champion to our people, but they won't they have their millions and the fear of stepping out will cost them everything they earned they are spineless the Micheal Jordans, the Oprah Winfreys they won't do a thing to support their own kind when it's time for action they may throw a couple dollars here and there and send a minority to college but that doesn't do a thing in the grand scheme of things for our people.[/QUOTE

Police brutality against black people is a real phenomena. However it has been co opted and hijacked by radical deviant interests hell bent on destroying the country. The narrative has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That was in response to your graph.
    That's what I said

Blog Entries

Did you miss the part of DOJ report were people who aren't doing anything wrong were being targeted by police?
    I'm not saying that police aren't targeting or harassing or that police brutality or whatever is not real or is not an issue. My issue is that every time (or close to it) a black person has a negative interaction with police, it's because the police are racist. Alton Sterling for example at this point seems to have been breaking the law and the police were justified using lethal force, it had nothing to do with his race. Treyvon Martin through a GIANT misunderstanding between him and Zimmerman attacked Zimmerman, it had nothing to do with race. If Sterling and Martin were not breaking the law, they both would still be alive.

How about Philando Castile doing everything he was taught to do by his concealed carry class and his parents but still ending up dead?
    That case does look bad at this point, but we don't KNOW that Castle did everything he was taught. For example you hear the cop (in a very distraught voice, clearly upset about what happened, which tells me he didn't WANT to shoot Castle) say " I told him not to reach for it". Even if the cop was wrong about what he was reaching for, Castle dis obeyed the cop. Now that doesn't mean the cop was justified or right to shoot. But at this point,we don't have all the info so I'm not going to judge what happened there.

Saying that "Well if you just didn't break the law..." overlooks the fact that in many cases people either aren't breaking any laws or that the cops are targeting people for petty offenses that the average American (i.e. white) would get away with further increasing Police interactions that could end up with someone dead.
    Which is why I also said, obey and comply. If you're doing nothing wrong and you're interacting with police, obey and comply. Go home safe and file a complaint that you were unjustly targeted.

Not everyone likes to hear the truth man, it can be a hard thing to swallow, I am not meaning any disrespect by saying what I say but I also know telling the truth sometimes will be received in a negative light at the very least it may open your mind to go look into what I am saying.
    Dog, there is so much information out there about people doing exactly what you described as a means to fix the issues in our community. All it takes is a quick google search.

The very fact that your so helllbent on this tin-foil theory that all the grievances BLM has marched and prostested about aren't legitimate and are just methods by some secret society is damn near as bad as the people who flat out deny police brutatlity or who believe it's not that big a deal. It's sad, quite frankly to see you feel this way but is not surprising considering I know a lot of other Black folks who have the same mentality.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=filthflarnfilth;1109940]

The only way black people can do something about this is not by hash tagging BLM that's a fraud too because a money hungry left European Jew is behind that as well, the only way we can claim what we rightfully deserve and make the necessary changes to ensure a better future for us and our children is through unity and not just walking and marching and protesting, we have to start inventing in ourselves. We have build our communities, stop killing each other is a good start, start creating, investing and spend black dollars in our communities, centralize our people, build our own security our own banks our own schools. We have to show we can build and sustain our own society outside of the one they provided for us. This is where I have an issues with black people who have the resources and have influence to help build a solution and become a champion to our people, but they won't they have their millions and the fear of stepping out will cost them everything they earned they are spineless the Micheal Jordans, the Oprah Winfreys they won't do a thing to support their own kind when it's time for action they may throw a couple dollars here and there and send a minority to college but that doesn't do a thing in the grand scheme of things for our people.[/QUOTE

Police brutality against black people is a real phenomena. However it has been co opted and hijacked by radical deviant interests hell bent on destroying the country. The narrative has to change.
    I tell folks all the time black or white that slavery never ended they just dressed the pig differently now, police brutality is just one the slavery mechanism exercised today, but that's only a fraction of the problem, black people have been systematically oppressed physically, mentally and financially, but all we gotta do is stand up and unite and game over.