Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 839
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    34,414

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    And with all due respect his previous arrest and it's circumstances had little to do with the one that led to his death. None of the information that has come out has suggested that the officers took into account his actions seven years ago when arresting him. Also, the store owner saw the whole thing and said he didn't reach for his gun.

    As far as the gun being visible, the only place I've seen someone even say that it's possible to see it from the video is this website (https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e-of-shooting/) i.e. a non reputable news source. I'm not even taking that shit seriously.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Cincy is talking about the MN shooting, not the LA shooting. There was no 'store owner' involved in the MN shooting.

    As for that LA shooting, it doesn't matter that a gun was never visible or the store owner didn't see a gun. Here's why ....

    https://www.facebook.com/abrown.mike...4/?pnref=story





  2. #14

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Blacks are incarcerated at a higher rate, but an even higher rate of those crimes are against other blacks. Instead of saying, "Damn, it's not fair that he got five years for a petty drug charge", why don't we start figuring out how to stop selling the drugs.

    The foundation of the black community is the household and the education. The foundation is weak. That's the major issue here. They are within their right to protest. They are justified in protesting. However, they've taken the vast majority of their power in fixing a weaker issue, a weaker adversary.
    Nobody should be standing on the sideline while the bs "War On Drugs" continues, it's a terrible policy that should've been disbanded.

    That foundation is weak, but not because of the BLM protestors

    Stop blaming black parents for underachieving kids


    Research backs up the anecdotal evidence. Rice University’s Kinder Institute for Urban Research recently found that African Americans are most likely to value a post-secondary education in becoming successful, at 90 percent, followed by Asians and Latinos. Whites, at 64 percent, were least likely to believe higher education is necessary for success.

    When judging black families’ commitment to education, many are confusing will with way. These parents have the will to provide quality schooling for their children, but often, they lack the way: the social capital, the money and the access to elite institutions. There is a difference between valuing an education and having the resources to tap that value.

    A study released this month found 26 percent of ACT-tested students were college-ready in all four subject areas. Among low-income students, college-readiness dropped to just 11 percent. The study determined that it was poverty, not motivation or attitudes, that contributed to the lower performance. “Nearly all ACT-tested students from low-income families in the United States aspire to go to college — at an even higher rate than students overall — but many lack the academic preparation to reach this goal,” the ACT noted.

    Privileged parents hold onto the false notion that their children’s progress comes from thrift, dedication and hard work — not from the money their parents made. Our assumption that “poverty doesn’t matter” and insistence on blaming black families’ perceived disinterest in education for their children’s underachievement simply reflects our negative attitudes towards poor, brown people and deflects our responsibility to address the real root problems of the achievement gap. Our negative attitudes about poor people keep us from providing the best services and schools to low-income families.
    As far the issue of family goes, again mass incaceration answers a lot of that.

    Once again, I'm not going to going call police brutatlity "a lesser issue". People dying at the hands of the police is only part of the way they've been abusing their power for years without accountability.
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 07-14-2016 at 09:46 AM.





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    40,811
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    BLM is funded by a white Hungarian Jewish elitist who is bent on division on conquer, the man who indirectly fund BLM also has ties to other elitist that have profited off slavery, we need to open our eyes this "race war" is nothing more than a distraction to take our rights and little more of our freedom on a whole, this not a black thing, this is not a white thing this is the rich versus the poor thing. The same guy who indirectly funds BLM just bought up a whole bunch of gun manufacturers this year, what's one of the most heated topic lately in this country besides police brutality? Guns, and Americans love their guns, so why is this man buying up all the gun manufacturers? You gotta ask yourself these questions, especially when he's suppose to be a left wing supporter and supposedly hates guns? He is already predicting a civil war and this was months before anything like Dallas happens. This same individual have said in one of his books "predicting the economy makes more money than factual economy." what the hell does he even mean by that? I tell you what it means, it means these men are playing GOD. They own all the money in this world if you own all the money in the world it means you can do and say whatever the fuck you wanna do.

    The are using the media to pin us against each other, if you are pro-black then white folks thinks you against them, if you are pro-police black folks think you are racist, they want us to choose sides, they want us to divide and conquer, they want us to fight each other so they can push wars and laws that make them more money and watch people suffer. the only way things will change is if we take a stand TOGETHER to over throw the elitist tyranny. People, this goes far beyond our realm of America and government...





  4. #16

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    You are making this up. Stats prove you are making this up.

    Blacks: 28% of arrests, 123 killed by police. (0.0046% based on number of arrests at 2,640,067)
    Whites: 69% of arrests, 326 killed by police. (0.0050% based on number of arrests at 6,502,919)

    For statistical purposes, that is equal. If you want to get technical, a white person is MORE likely to be shot while interacting with the police.

    I'm just gonna take some of your more... entertaining quotes and put them here because if I point out every error you made we'll be here all night.

    "As far as issues important to the survival of Black folks, police brutality is but a symptom of the problem of Mass Incarceration as a whole." Then somewhere else you were talking about black people being in jail for minor drug offenses.

    Yet you say black on black crime isn't a problem. You see, according to this website https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...decoverviewpdf blacks, who make up 13% of the population, commit more than half the violent crimes. This is why they are killed at a higher percentage (based on population) than whites.

    "Violent crime, while still a problem, is down across the board nationally and intra-racial murder rates are similar across race. Meaning white kill other white people, black people kill other people at a similar rate and yet you never hear "what about white on white crime?"

    Because we're not bitching about it when a violent felon gets killed while attacking police officers? Amazing how that works out. How about instead of crying every time a Darwin Award candidate bites the big one, you focus on actual examples of police brutality. Akai Gurley should not have been shot. The guy who was running away and got shot in the back is another. Yet the BLM movement picks the dumbest fucking examples to martyr. Trevon Martin was killed after he attacked a man carrying a gun. Zimmerman was found innocent due to self-defense. Micheal Brown attacked Officer Wilson in his car, then turned around and started running back towards him to attack again. Yet these are your cause célèbre? That's stupid.

    "As far as issues important to the survival of Black folks, police brutality is but a symptom of the problem of Mass Incarceration as a whole. If you haven't I'd suggest reading "The New Jim Crow" as a primer or Ta-Nehisi Coates' "The Black Family in the Age of Mass Incarceration"."

    Because those are stupid. I've read The New Jim Crow. It's racism for the truly fucking retarded. I had to take African-American Lit way back as an undergrad and made my professor cry when we discussed it. The fact you read it and are basing your arguments on "information" it provides tells me everything I need to know. Which is to say I probably won't be seeing any facts from you. I haven't read Coates work, but since you're suggesting it I'll pass.
    However, you did make me smile. You suggest we read some liberal bullshit, which we've already discussed as being plain damned ignorant, yet you refuse to click on a link someone provided for you because "i.e. a non reputable news source. I'm not even taking that shit seriously". So we should put all the effort into seeing things from your point of view, (hint, I've done the research. I'm right.) yet you refuse to do the same.

    We've already discussed this in another thread. The reason black people have such high crime rates is because of poverty. Fix that and then we'll talk about police brutality.
    I've seen the bullshit you spew on this board because Tapatalk forces me to see the Politics forum. I'm not interested in said bullshit so I won't be engaging you in convo beyond answering your butt fucking terrible high school math with this

    Aren’t more white people than black people killed by police? Yes, but no.

    Doesn’t the available data show more white Americans are being killed by police officers? Where is the outrage for them?

    “If we have a shooting, we end up assuming that it had to be racial,” former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee (R) said Saturday during an interview with Fox News, in which he argued that national concerns about police killings of black men are overblown.

    “When in fact, as we know … more white people have been shot by police officers this year than minorities,” he said.

    Huckabee is not, factually, incorrect.

    In 2015, The Washington Post launched a real-time database to track fatal police shootings, and the project continues this year. As of Sunday, 1,502 people have been shot and killed by on-duty police officers since Jan. 1, 2015. Of them, 732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race).

    But as data scientists and policing experts often note, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is statistically dubious unless you first adjust for population.

    According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

    U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

    [Unarmed and black: Police are still killing unarmed black men at higher rates than whites]

    Police have shot and killed a young black man (ages 18 to 29) — such as Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. —175 times since January 2015; 24 of them were unarmed. Over that same period, police have shot and killed 172 young white men, 18 of whom were unarmed. Once again, while in raw numbers there were similar totals of white and black victims, blacks were killed at rates disproportionate to their percentage of the U.S. population. Of all of the unarmed people shot and killed by police in 2015, 40 percent of them were black men, even though black men make up just 6 percent of the nation’s population.

    And, when considering shootings confined within a single race, a black person shot and killed by police is more likely to have been unarmed than a white person. About 13 percent of all black people who have been fatally shot by police since January 2015 were unarmed, compared with 7 percent of all white people.
    And

    “Blacks are three times as likely to be killed by cops as are whites, on a per-capita basis,” Peter Moskos, a former Baltimore police officer and criminal justice researcher at John Jay College of Criminal Justice told the New York Times last April. “But part of that is because of crime in predominantly black neighborhoods.”

    Despite these arguments, police reform advocates and researchers as well at The Post’s own analysis has consistently concluded that there is no correlation between violent crime and who is killed by police officers.

    [White N.C. man arrested after pulling gun on deputy, who wrestled it away, sheriff says]

    A 2015 study by a University of California at Davis researcher concluded there was “no relationship” between crime rates by race and racial bias in police killings. A report released last week by the Center for Policing Equity, which reviewed arrest and use-of-force data from 12 police departments, concluded that black residents were more often targeted for use of police force than white residents, even when adjusting for whether the person was a violent criminal.

    “We’ve been hearing these arguments going around without any data or any evidence from folks who are saying that police are killing so many people — particularly black people — because they say black people are in high-crime communities and potentially involved in criminal activity,” Samuel Sinyangwe, a data analyst and activist with Campaign Zero — a policy-oriented activist collective associated with the Black Lives Matter protest movement — told the Huffington Post in December.


    Do not expect a response from this point on. Your bullshit will not be read by me.
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 07-14-2016 at 10:40 AM.





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,838

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    BLM is funded by a white Hungarian Jewish elitist who is bent on division on conquer, the man who indirectly fund BLM also has ties to other elitist that have profited off slavery, we need to open our eyes this "race war" is nothing more than a distraction to take our rights and little more of our freedom on a whole, this not a black thing, this is not a white thing this is the rich versus the poor thing. The same guy who indirectly funds BLM just bought up a whole bunch of gun manufacturers this year, what's one of the most heated topic lately in this country besides police brutality? Guns, and Americans love their guns, so why is this man buying up all the gun manufacturers? You gotta ask yourself these questions, especially when he's suppose to be a left wing supporter and supposedly hates guns? He is already predicting a civil war and this was months before anything like Dallas happens. This same individual have said in one of his books "predicting the economy makes more money than factual economy." what the hell does he even mean by that? I tell you what it means, it means these men are playing GOD. They own all the money in this world if you own all the money in the world it means you can do and say whatever the fuck you wanna do.

    The are using the media to pin us against each other, if you are pro-black then white folks thinks you against them, if you are pro-police black folks think you are racist, they want us to choose sides, they want us to divide and conquer, they want us to fight each other so they can push wars and laws that make them more money and watch people suffer. the only way things will change is if we take a stand TOGETHER to over throw the elitist tyranny. People, this goes far beyond our realm of America and government...
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  6. #18

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The whole Black Lives Matter movement is based on a lie. "Hands up, don't shoot" was a complete lie.
    The same report that cleared Wilson also revealed that the entire Ferguson Police force and Court system engaged in unethical practices that disproportionately affect African-Americans.


    The 12 key highlights from the DOJ’s scathing Ferguson report

    The city’s practices are shaped by revenue rather than by public safety needs.

    Here is what happened when a 32-year-old black man was seen resting in his car after playing basketball.


    The disproportionate number of arrests, tickets and use of force stemmed from “unlawful bias,” rather than black people committing more crime.

    Funny how everyone is so quick to reference Wilson being cleared by the DOJ but conveniently forget that a whole Police Force (including Wilson) was corrupt as hell.





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,838

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    The same report that cleared Wilson also revealed that the entire Ferguson Police force and Court system engaged in unethical practices that disproportionately affect African-Americans.

    Funny how everyone is so quick to reference Wilson being cleared by the DOJ but conveniently forget that a whole Police Force (including Wilson) was corrupt as hell.
    What does this have to do with the price of tea in china?
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  8. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,838

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I've seen the bullshit you spew on this board because Tapatalk forces me to see the Politics forum. I'm not interested in said bullshit so I won't be engaging you in convo beyond anwering your butt fucking terrible high school math with this

    Aren’t more white people than black people killed by police? Yes, but no.



    And





    Do not expect a response from this point on. Your bullshit will not be read by me.
    From your link.

    "But it is true that a disproportionate amount of murders and other violent crimes are committed by black Americans.

    Because detailed FBI data on crime can lag by several years, the most-cited statistics on this point refer to 2009 data. According to that data, out of all violent crimes in which someone was charged, black Americans were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the country’s 75 biggest counties — despite the fact that black Americans made up just 15 percent of the population in those places.

    “Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force,” wrote Heather Mac Donald, a conservative researcher, in a Wall Street Journal column headlined “The Myths of Black Lives Matter” that was originally published in February and re-published this weekend. The assertion that the black men and women killed by police are primarily violent criminals and the explanation for racial disparities in who gets killed by law enforcement is the premise of Mac Donald’s new book, “The War on Cops.”
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  9. #21

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What does this have to do with the price of tea in china?
    Really? The original point of this thread was debating the merits of BLM protesting, the DOJ report on Ferguson revealed that an entire police was corrupted and engaged in unethical practices. Think about the implications of an entire police force being corrupt.





  10. #22

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    From your link.

    "But it is true that a disproportionate amount of murders and other violent crimes are committed by black Americans.

    Because detailed FBI data on crime can lag by several years, the most-cited statistics on this point refer to 2009 data. According to that data, out of all violent crimes in which someone was charged, black Americans were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the country’s 75 biggest counties — despite the fact that black Americans made up just 15 percent of the population in those places.

    “Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force,” wrote Heather Mac Donald, a conservative researcher, in a Wall Street Journal column headlined “The Myths of Black Lives Matter” that was originally published in February and re-published this weekend. The assertion that the black men and women killed by police are primarily violent criminals and the explanation for racial disparities in who gets killed by law enforcement is the premise of Mac Donald’s new book, “The War on Cops.”
    Yet you somehow missed the gigantic graphic that I posted disproving his notion that lethal force used by the police had a direct correlation to violent crimes commited.





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,838

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Really? The original point of this thread was debating the merits of BLM protesting, the DOJ report on Ferguson revealed that an entire police was corrupted and engaged in unethical practices. Think about the implications of an entire police force being corrupt.
    Yes really. BLM was based on a lie, do you deny that?
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  12. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,838

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Yet you somehow missed the gigantic graphic that I posted disproving his notion that lethal force used by the police had a direct correlation to violent crimes commited.
    It doesn't' disprove it. Ever hear that you can make stats say what ever you want for an argument?
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site