Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. What up wit McNair trippin'?

Is it just me or are there real problems with the Ravens QB's getting tripped up at the snap of the ball ? We had this problem with BOTH QB's last year and now McNair last night too? I'm concerned

Re: What up wit McNair trippin'?

It starts with an Fly, and ends with nn.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Both of Boller's happened with other centers, one and maybe both with Brown at C.
    Last edited by Greg; 08-18-2006 at 11:18 PM.

4. Re: What up wit McNair trippin'?

I kinda figured that much. So could we really blame Kyle for tripping over his own feet at times last year? I couldn't blame him for trying to move a little more quicker so's not to be stepped on, thus tripping over his own feet! Seems as if Flynn has trouble getting up and balanced to begin his pass protection.....hmmmmm

5. Re: What up wit McNair trippin'?

Not last year though

maybe both with Brown at C.
    I think that Thatcher Salazay played C after Flynn for the rest of the game.

I dont recall Brown being in at all. But I could be wrong. In fact I hope I am because right now is is our best young OL prospect.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

who brown?

No way is he the best he is #3

Chris Chester #1
    Adam Terry #2

You think?

I consider Chester a project. He played TE 2 seasons ago. He may be good in the future, but would you feel more comfortable with Brown or Chester joinging the line if a starter went down?

I can see Adam Terry. In fact he has started to turn it around this preseason against some damn good DL's.

It just seems to me that Brown has showed more in camp and OTA's than Terry.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I think that Thatcher Salazay played C after Flynn for the rest of the game.
    Boller's trips were against the Giants, though. Brown did play some C that night, IIRC. In any case, the point was that these aren't all Flynn's doing.

Boller's trips were against the Giants, though. Brown did play some C that night, IIRC. In any case, the point was that these aren't all Flynn's doing.
    Correct, they were both with Brown as center. But last year Flynn tripped up both Boller and Wright.

So then the question is, would this be someone teaching the wrong technique at the C position? (Cough cough offensive line coach cough cough)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    In any case, the point was that these aren't all Flynn's doing.
    It's also safe to say that these are not all on Boller. Mac went down once last night, but he stumbled two more times that I noticed. There is definately something going on in the exchange between C and QB that needs to be addressed.

During the Giants game, one trip was on Brown's feet. The other, Boller tripped on his own feet. Yesterday, McNair was tripped by Flynn.

I looked at both games several times.

-Boller was tripped up because he did not get out the snap fast enough. Joasn Brown just stepped back to provide pass blocking. That was on Boller. As I said, Boller stumbled over his own feet the second time, because no OL were standing near Boller during the second fall.

-In yesterday's game, Flynn was pushed back into McNair causing McNair to fall.

Boller's stumbles were both on Boller, however McNair's fall was on Flynn. I am not saying this as a pile on of Boller. It is what happened.

As much as we would like to see Chester or Brown in there at center, it looks like it will be Flynn this season. After listening to Marshall Faulk on NFL Network, vet runners and QBs do not like playing behind rookie OL. Faulk mentioned that OL is not a position that a rookie can just step onto the field and play. OL typically need two seasons. (See Levi Jones). JO only needed one season, but he's an exception, and JO broke in with vets on the line.
    Last edited by PurpleRulz; 08-19-2006 at 12:55 AM.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!