Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

RIP Dennis Green

Sad to see Dennis Green pass away at 67. I still remember Brian Billick talking about how much he learned from Green and the impact it had on him deciding to play to the strength of the 2000 team, going to the dark side, instead of forcing the team to do something it couldn't. Green had an impact on the Ravens. He also had one of the greatest quotes in the history of the NFL.

The Bears are what we thought they were. Th-they're what we thought they were. We played them in preseason. I mean, who the hell takes the third game of the preseason like it's bullshit? Bullshit! We played them in the third game, everybody played three quarters... the Bears are who we thought they were! That’s why we took the damn field! Now, *hits microphone* if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But, they are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!

RIP Dennis Green. You were one of a kind and will be missed

Re: RIP Dennis Green

Holy Shit! That's awful.

OT-Denny Green Dies at 67

Dennis Ggreen Dies at 67

Another NFL soul gone.

R.I.P. Mr. Green!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: OT-Denny Green Dies at 67

Way too young to go. RIP.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

He may be remembered by Millennials more for that quote, but the man could coach his ass off. Even Randy Moss had the utmost respect for him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He may be remembered by Millennials more for that quote, but the man could coach his ass off. Even Randy Moss had the utmost respect for him.
    In 10 years with the Vikings he made the playoffs 8 times. That's a good solid run. He also produced 3 Head Coaches, Dungy, Tice and our own Brian Billick. I liked him. It's too bad they couldn't put it away in 98. Having your veteran kicker choke on a short one is brutal. If they had won that game they had a good shot to have beaten the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

What a shame. He was one of a kind. Great coach.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Green was a great college coach too and always had a good offense. When he was at Minnesota, they set offensive records and it seemed like they were in the playoffs every year. That offense was the springboard for Brian Billick getting the head coaching job with the Ravens.

RIP

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Man Ive been so out the loop lately Im just now hearing this. Yea youve got to figure this is hard for BB. Those two went way way back..... I forgot they went all the way back to Stanford. RIP.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    In 10 years with the Vikings he made the playoffs 8 times. That's a good solid run. He also produced 3 Head Coaches, Dungy, Tice and our own Brian Billick. I liked him. It's too bad they couldn't put it away in 98. Having your veteran kicker choke on a short one is brutal. If they had won that game they had a good shot to have beaten the Broncos in the Super Bowl.
    Well, it was 38 yards. Not exactly a chip shot, but yes, indoors and very makeable. What was remarkable about that miss was that Gary Anderson had not missed a FG all SEASON.

I remember Billick's classic sideline quip in 2003 after Anderson, then with the Titans, secured the the wild card playoff win against the Ravens: "Now he makes it."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Two of those coaches went on to win titles.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

R.I.P. Denny, you are who we thought you were which is to say a highly successful coach and a colorful personality.