Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Does anyone see the role of Kyle "Juice" expanded in 16' or reduced?

What a backed up backfield, lots of options, lots of potential talent. I'm one that even still feels Trent Richardson's career is not over. The Ravens can use and develop a big back better than most. If you look around the NFL there are not many big pounders these days. What is left for Kyle, a few meaningful snaps?

Also, wow folks .....I had no intention of starting a S storm in that other thread. I even suggested in the first post that it was perhaps best to delete it before it "grew", sorry. I'd almost wish we could look at each other while posting, like men/women, like people.

Blog Entries

Re: Does anyone see the role of Kyle "Juice" expanded in 16' or reduced?

that's a good question about Juice I am not sure Juice even know what his role is either, I mean all we ever see Juice do is that dump off in the flats to start the game or half if we have ball.

Blog Entries

Juice is going to have a tough time making the team. Trestman just doesn't use a fullback and Juice really isn't an H-back no matter how much we want him to be. I really like the guy but if doesn't fit the offense then they are better off keeping someone who does.

Comp pick for Juice then if he doesn't make the team and some other team wants him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Juice is going to have a tough time making the team. Trestman just doesn't use a fullback and Juice really isn't an H-back no matter how much we want him to be. I really like the guy but if doesn't fit the offense then they are better off keeping someone who does.
    id rather carry a 4th TE that a FB. Assuming 4 RBs are worthy of the team, id rather do that than a FB as well. THese are parts that Trestman uses that have value for depth. if we need a FB a TE can fill in for the little we do.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    that's a good question about Juice I am not sure Juice even know what his role is either, I mean all we ever see Juice do is that dump off in the flats to start the game or half if we have ball.
    And that play is more often then not good for some positive yardage.
    Sometimes even big chunks depending on when they use it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'd love to see them find a spot for this guy but in an overly crowded back field and already difficult decisions regarding who and how many receivers to keep, I'm going to be a bit surprised if Juice is retained as much as I'd like to see him retained due to the above mentioned ability he brings.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    And that play is more often then not good for some positive yardage.
    Sometimes even big chunks depending on when they use it.

I'd love to see them find a spot for this guy but in an overly crowded back field and already difficult decisions regarding who and how many receivers to keep, I'm going to be a bit surprised if Juice is retained as much as I'd like to see him retained due to the above mentioned ability he brings.
    I agree Fan, but I am with Gota I don't see where Juice fits in, I don't think he fit in when we first drafted him either, he is not really an H-back either, and with the back field being as crowded as it is I think Juice may become expendable. I like the kid, I don't think he has been given a fair shot to maximize his skill set here so far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Comp pick for Juice then if he doesn't make the team and some other team wants him?
    Nope because he will be cut and a street agent.... not like a FA after the season when others can sign him and comp kicks in, if he doesn't make the team, he will be available long before any compensatory parameters kick in.

His strength has been receiving and decent blocking ...
    we have new RBs who have receiving strengths ... Juice is on a thin bubble to stay on the team .... he could find a home elsewhere, he is decent enough, but the roster 53 squeeze could easily get him this year depending on injuries....
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

I like Juice, but with Forsett, Buck Allen, Dixon, Richardson, West, and Taliaferro, that's six RBs for (usually) three spots. I think it's more likely the Ravens keep four RBs and cut Juice. Didn't say I like it, but seems more realistic to me... Bc

There's a chance he's cut this year. He's very skilled, but with our TE corp being as good as it is I don't see the need for his short passing game abilities. I'd rather scratch the fullback and focus on 2 TE sets with 1 RB, plus some shot gun.

I do like Juice's ability in play action to take that flat for YAC.

My prediction for an "early" 53 was he'd be on the roster until Boyle is back (Boyle could be a power blocker in short yardage situations.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Gillmore mentioned yesterday that Juice is in the TE's room with he and the rest of the crew. Maybe that means there's more of an H-Back in his future.

Blog Entries

I think the time for Juice to show case his TE skill has passed, they had the opportunity to do so when we were out of TEs a few years ago due to injury they should have moved Juice there then to see what he had in that dept. A little too late if you ask me, that's another position that got depth too.