Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Favorite Ravens never to get a Chip

With 16 years between rings, a lot of Ravens through no fault of there own never got a chance to hoist the Lombardi. Here are my favorites.

1. Todd Heap. Career derailed by dying ducks thrown by Kyle Boller. Ah, what could have been!
    2. Jarret Johnson. Thugged out warrior! Freaking animal.
    3. Derrick Mason. Ultimate gamer with waterboy speed, recovered a fumble in a pile with one arm!

Blog Entries

Re: Favorite Ravens never to get a Chip

Kelly Gregg would be mine. He came in 2001 and knocked Jamal Lewis out for the season early in camp. That might be the worst debut for a player ever. Buddy Lee then followed that up by stepping up and having a hell of a career. A NT with more than 100 tackles most years? Are you kidding me? How many guys at that position could do that? Plus he would have to hike up his pants on every play because he was built like a giant weeble. One of my favorites and it's a shame he didn't get a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Kelly Gregg would be mine. He came in 2001 and knocked Jamal Lewis out for the season early in camp. That might be the worst debut for a player ever. Buddy Lee then followed that up by stepping up and having a hell of a career. A NT with more than 100 tackles most years? Are you kidding me? How many guys at that position could do that? Plus he would have to hike up his pants on every play because he was built like a giant weeble. One of my favorites and it's a shame he didn't get a ring.
    Hell's to the yeah Kelly Gregg.

Blog Entries

I agree with Buddy Lee he was the epitome of what a Raven player is. Derrick Mason is another one who deserved a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Buddy Lee got a chip as a practice squad in 2000.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Buddy Lee got a chip as a practice squad in 2000.
    Is that the same?

Adalius Thomas played a couple of games on special teams in 2000 but barely did anything and got a ring. That I would count. I can't imagine a pure PS player who never ended up on the 52 man roster looking at a ring the same way.

Bart Scott, his big hit on BR was a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Bart Scott, his big hit on BR was a thing of beauty.
    Damn how can I forget Bart Scott! I tell you the least favorite Ravens. Got to be Brad 15 pro bowls jackson and both ayenbendajos!!!!

Blog Entries

With 16 years between rings, a lot of Ravens through no fault of there own never got a chance to hoist the Lombardi. Here are my favorites.

1. Todd Heap. Career derailed by dying ducks thrown by Kyle Boller. Ah, what could have been!
    3. Derrick Mason. Ultimate gamer with waterboy speed, recovered a fumble in a pile with one arm!
    Sure it was a fault of their own, they all chased $$$.

And there are plenty of other NFL players, Troy Brown for instance, that took less money to stay with his team and collect a ring.

Blog Entries

JJ is mine. IIRC he left following the 2011 season, after being with the team since 2003, and they won in 2012. That's brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    JJ is mine. IIRC he left following the 2011 season, after being with the team since 2003, and they won in 2012. That's brutal.
    The most brutal case I can think of is Logan Mankins. Was drafted by the Patriots right after they won their third Super Bowl in four years and was traded before the season where they won their fourth Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

Heap and JJ are my #1 and #2 also. Mathematically, the Ravens actually were 12 years (2001 and 2013) between Super Bowl victories though... Bc