Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best pass rusher from this Draft Class?

I'm really torn on this issue. We picked up five guys to get after the qb, but I can't tell who is going to be the best pass rusher of the group. Initially, I thought Correa, but he looks kind of small for en edge guy, and I think they are going to use him like the Packers use Clay Matthews.

I see Kaufusi as a rotation guy. Maybe he will surprise but if he turns out to be a Lawrence Guy, Aaron Smith clone I think we'll be alright.

Judon looks too raw to be any good for a few years. He's got the size and speed but I see zero moves and he does not have the combative hands that cats like Suggs have.

That being said I think the undrafted kid Ochi is going to be the best pass rusher. Why? Don't know, just got that feeling about him. So while I don't think we will be last in sacks, I really don't see a huge improvement THIS year. Gonna be a lot of shootouts.

Re: Best pass rusher from this Draft Class?

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    I'm really torn on this issue. We picked up five guys to get after the qb, but I can't tell who is going to be the best pass rusher of the group. Initially, I thought Correa, but he looks kind of small for en edge guy, and I think they are going to use him like the Packers use Clay Matthews.

I see Kaufusi as a rotation guy. Maybe he will surprise but if he turns out to be a Lawrence Guy, Aaron Smith clone I think we'll be alright.

Judon looks too raw to be any good for a few years. He's got the size and speed but I see zero moves and he does not have the combative hands that cats like Suggs have.

That being said I think the undrafted kid Ochi is going to be the best pass rusher. Why? Don't know, just got that feeling about him. So while I don't think we will be last in sacks, I really don't see a huge improvement THIS year. Gonna be a lot of shootouts.
    I dunno how you can make any determinations or decisions at this point. They've had 1 rookie mini-camp and 1 OTA. No one can comment with any relevant thought on this until at least mid-way though Training Camp, and even that is probably very premature.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Gimme Judon. When I judge prospects, I go off production, highlights, and speed/strength.
    Production: 20 sacks
    Highlights: https://vine.co/v/inw1BmzLZm0
    40 time: 4.73, 5th among DEs at combine
    30 reps at 225, 5th among DEs at combine http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...don?id=2555505

Correa is 6'3" and 243 pounds. Doesn't sound like a guy who is too small to play on the edge.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Correa is 6'3" and 243 pounds. Doesn't sound like a guy who is too small to play on the edge.
    As a size comparison, Von Miller was 6'3" 246 coming out of A&M.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post

I feel like Ochi is going to become something special too, I don't know why either, but I like how the kid plays, he doesn't give up on plays, it may take a year or two before he gets a shot to really show what he's got unless he just comes out the gate rearing hell fire and brimstone and blows the coaches away, usually these undrafted guys spend a year or two PS before they get a chance to really showcase.

Blog Entries

Too early to tell but I am just glad to see some depth behind Elvis and Suggs. We saw what happens when one of those guys is out and they can double team the other. Even before Suggs injury last year I was asking where is our pass rush rotation coming from and then boom.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I loved the Correa pick, so I am going with him. I see a rather similar skill-set to Clay Matthews, and I can see Correa being a chess-piece type. The only concern I have is that Pees will have no clue how to get everything out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TxRavensFan View Post
    As a size comparison, Von Miller was 6'3" 246 coming out of A&M.
    As we know, three pounds are what stands between All-Pro and bust.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

IF they don't try to do this dual position foolishness with him, Correa will have the better numbers of the bunch. Kaufusi will have the more significant impact. Kaufusi can provide a pass rush from the 3-4DE spot, the 4 down DT spot and the 4 Down DE spot.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I dunno how you can make any determinations or decisions at this point. They've had 1 rookie mini-camp and 1 OTA. No one can comment with any relevant thought on this until at least mid-way though Training Camp, and even that is probably very premature.
    This response applies to the whole raven team at this point in time. Not going to be a armchair coach, never was. I 'll go with what Harbaugh does with the players he picks to start or play a crucial part of the 2016 raven season. Let's hope harbaugh makes good decisions, LOL.

Of course, way too soon to tell.

I hope some of you can sell me on Ochi. I HOPE he's great, but not one GM thought he was worth a 7th???
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.