Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 72737475 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the League News - as of July 2016

Schefter is reporting that teams are interested in Josh Gordon: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...est-from-teams
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

More on the rough start from rookie K Roberto Aguayo: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...king-conundrum
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    More on the rough start from rookie K Roberto Aguayo: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...king-conundrum
    The guy was phenomenal in college. Ouch, a 2nd round draft pick too, SMH. Hate to be that FO if he's cut. But they'll be like Detroit several years ago, just stick with their drafted kicker. But they cut him anyway after 3 games.

A few years ago the Eagles drafted Alex Henery who was the most accurate kicker in NCAA history. He had a few good years, but then he flamed out in 2014. Apparently Aguayo is skipping the few good years and is going straight for the flameout.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

It's a longer kick and the posts are narrower. They may as well be patient with him at this point and hope he evolves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

This has to be some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my Football Fan life: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...y-tyrod-taylor

Here is a direct quote from Rex Ryan, "Looks like a stupid decision to play him," Ryan said, "because I never expected him to get hit."

Who the fuck puts a quarterback out there in a live game and doesn't expect their QB to get hit? This tells me all that I need to know about Rex Ryan as a Head Coach. He is completely clueless when it comes to how to approach the offense. He is a career Defensive Coordinator who was given a few chances to prove otherwise. He's yet to.

This has to be some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my Football Fan life: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...y-tyrod-taylor

Here is a direct quote from Rex Ryan, "Looks like a stupid decision to play him," Ryan said, "because I never expected him to get hit."

Who the fuck puts a quarterback out there in a live game and doesn't expect their QB to get hit? This tells me all that I need to know about Rex Ryan as a Head Coach. He is completely clueless when it comes to how to approach the offense. He is a career Defensive Coordinator who was given a few chances to prove otherwise. He's yet to.

remmeber he did tha same shit with sanchez, left him to play in the 3rd quarter and sanchize broke his arm or something LOLOLOL

Tavon Austin - WR - Rams

Rams signed WR Tavon Austin to a four-year, $42 million extension through 2021.

The deal includes a whopping $30 million guaranteed, a princely sum for a 5-foot-8 gadget player the Rams have desperately wishcasted as a No. 1 receiver since trading up for him in the 2013 draft. Austin is coming off a unique season where he eclipsed both 400 yards rushing and receiving, but simply isn't worthy of this kind of deal. The Rams under Jeff Fisher have a tendency to compound mistakes instead of trying to fix

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Tavon Austin - WR - Rams

Rams signed WR Tavon Austin to a four-year, $42 million extension through 2021.

The deal includes a whopping $30 million guaranteed, a princely sum for a 5-foot-8 gadget player the Rams have desperately wishcasted as a No. 1 receiver since trading up for him in the 2013 draft. Austin is coming off a unique season where he eclipsed both 400 yards rushing and receiving, but simply isn't worthy of this kind of deal. The Rams under Jeff Fisher have a tendency to compound mistakes instead of trying to fix

I'll say this, Tavon Austin isn't worth that much with the Rams, a team coached by Jeff Fisher who still wants to play 2001 AFC North football.

To a team with quality Offensive coaching skills, yes, he could be worth that much. He can run the ball out of the backfield, catch passes and return kicks.

I'll say this, Tavon Austin isn't worth that much with the Rams, a team coached by Jeff Fisher who still wants to play 2001 AFC North football.

To a team with quality Offensive coaching skills, yes, he could be worth that much. He can run the ball out of the backfield, catch passes and return kicks.

jeff
    fisher
    sucks LOL

I'm inclined to give Rex and Fisher benefit of the doubt. Rex won some playoff games and was competitive wi the Cheatriots, which is more than the other AFC Least teams have done. Fisher has dealt with franchise moves and quarterback issues, either flops or old guys (Kerry Collins).
    reminds me of Billick; they had great years with a healthy McNair. Or does that mean McNair was an incredibly good QB that made Billick and Fisher look good?
    we've seen some pretty lame NFL HC projects last few years (Cameron, Saban, Spurrier, Kelly, Petrino)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    reminds me of Billick; they had great years with a healthy McNair. Or does that mean McNair was an incredibly good QB that made Billick and Fisher look good?)
    Billick's best coaching was in the first half of his career. He won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and Tony Banks behind center. He made the playoffs with Kyle Boller and Anthony Banks. Probably his best coaching year, 2002, he won 7 games with a depleted roster due to a salary cap purge with Chris Redman and Jeff Blake at QB.

Billick was (and is) a much better coach than Fisher, imo.