Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast

Monroe the union man

I think he is doing all of this high profile political/charity work to lay the groundwork for a union career. Slim odds for him in the league office or on-air

Re: Monroe the union man

No I think he is committed to a cause that deeply impacts him. Nothing more nothing less.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    No I think he is committed to a cause that deeply impacts him. Nothing more nothing less.
    I agree with this. Monroe is true believer. This is where his interests lie and as someone of means he's trying to make the world a better place. I don't see any angle here. Monroe just wants to right what he sees as a wrong

He gets noticed more by being a NFL player. Most likely backed up by other players too, who have not come out with their views. Other NFL players have advocated for pot in the past. Monroe making the most of it by getting some headlines.

Can't be a football player all his life. Why not start that 2nd career now, LOL.

Blog Entries

well unless hes planning on heading the union, dont you have to be an active memeber of the league to be a part of it?

pretty sure that happened with Foxworth when he was here and Saturday when he retired and became an analyst. I could be wrong but I think the NFLPA requires that. So a "career" isnt something hes going for because he only has a few years left either way.

like the others said, he just truly believes it, and in all honesty, hes probably right. The cannabis laws and penalties in the NFL dont reflect modern medicine.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    well unless hes planning on heading the union, dont you have to be an active memeber of the league to be a part of it?

pretty sure that happened with Foxworth when he was here and Saturday when he retired and became an analyst. I could be wrong but I think the NFLPA requires that. So a "career" isnt something hes going for because he only has a few years left either way.

like the others said, he just truly believes it, and in all honesty, hes probably right. The cannabis laws and penalties in the NFL dont reflect modern medicine.
    That is correct. Eric Winston who is the head of the players reps had been released by the Cardinals. He had a certain period of time where he had to sign with a team or he would lose that job. He's been taking league minimum deals with the Bengals which he refused to do for a almost year but found that no one would sign him for more and he was going to lose that Union job.

Maybe he's doing it because he wants to be in the next Cheech and Chong movie.

Seriously, enough conspiracy theories about Monroe.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Maybe he's doing it because he wants to be in the next Cheech and Chong movie.

Seriously, enough conspiracy theories about Monroe.
    yeah, if you read that article I just posted, more proof that his motives are pain management, not getting stoned haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Monroe will be in Vegas when OTAs start.

Priorities...

Blog Entries

F this guy.

I don't care if his crusade was free puppies for all.

Focus on football.