Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Top Ten Wrestling Dream Matches

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Austin vs Hogan (both in their primes)
    Austin vs CM Punk (my lord, imagine the promos)
    CM Punk vs Rock (this might've actually happened with the Rock's recent spot returns, I haven't watched for quite some time. But again, my lord, imagine the promos)
    CM Punk vs Jericho (same as above, did this happen)
    Austin vs Flair (in their Primes, when Flair had the real horseman (Arn, Ole, and Tully) backing him up)
    Rock vs Flair (same as above)
    Orton vs Austin in a legend killer gimmick (of course Austin goes over...come on now)
    Lesnar vs Hogan (both in their Prime)
    Lesnar vs Goldberg (who no-sells more?!?!?!?!)
    Goldberg vs Taker (in their primes)
    The Rock vs Savage in their primes (again...the promos...my lord)
    HBK vs Savage in their primes (this might be the best ever...both the actual match(es) and the promos)
    Austin vs Savage, same as above.
    And finally, CM Punk vs Big Poppa Pump. Sure, Steiner couldn't wrestle, but can you imagine the promos between the Straight Edge Society shooting verbal pipe bombs and the Big, Bag, Booty Daddy spewing verbal nonsense in reply? Fucking epic, lol...)

That's all I got for now.
    Yeah, that one happened. I think Punk complained about it too. I could be wrong, but I think he was pissed that he had to do midcard level matches against Jericho instead of main event each night. Again, I could be wrong on that, but they did have a feud or 2 going.

Lesnar vs Goldberg already happened at a Mania and it was complete shyte!! They were both out the door after that match so neither one gave 3 shytes about it. It was one of the worst matches I've ever seen. (I blame Goldberg, but I can't stand the character, so....)

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Yeah, that one happened. I think Punk complained about it too. I could be wrong, but I think he was pissed that he had to do midcard level matches against Jericho instead of main event each night. Again, I could be wrong on that, but they did have a feud or 2 going.

Lesnar vs Goldberg already happened at a Mania and it was complete shyte!! They were both out the door after that match so neither one gave 3 shytes about it. It was one of the worst matches I've ever seen. (I blame Goldberg, but I can't stand the character, so....)
    Punk vs Jericho happened at Wrestlemania 28 in Miami for WWE Title but of course got overshadowed by Rock v.s. Cena Part I and Taker v.s Triple H Hell in the Cell. It's the only WWE title match at a Wrestlemania that I remember that basically didn't get a great amount of attention, it was a really good match too.

The second match I remember they had was at WWE Payback 2013 in Chicago and it was Punk's first match since he lost to Taker at Wrestlemania 29.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Austin vs Hogan (both in their primes)
    Austin vs CM Punk (my lord, imagine the promos)
    CM Punk vs Rock (this might've actually happened with the Rock's recent spot returns, I haven't watched for quite some time. But again, my lord, imagine the promos)
    CM Punk vs Jericho (same as above, did this happen)
    Austin vs Flair (in their Primes, when Flair had the real horseman (Arn, Ole, and Tully) backing him up)
    Rock vs Flair (same as above)
    Orton vs Austin in a legend killer gimmick (of course Austin goes over...come on now)
    Lesnar vs Hogan (both in their Prime)
    Lesnar vs Goldberg (who no-sells more?!?!?!?!)
    Goldberg vs Taker (in their primes)
    The Rock vs Savage in their primes (again...the promos...my lord)
    HBK vs Savage in their primes (this might be the best ever...both the actual match(es) and the promos)
    Austin vs Savage, same as above.
    And finally, CM Punk vs Big Poppa Pump. Sure, Steiner couldn't wrestle, but can you imagine the promos between the Straight Edge Society shooting verbal pipe bombs and the Big, Bag, Booty Daddy spewing verbal nonsense in reply? Fucking epic, lol...)

That's all I got for now.
    Rock vs. Punk happened at Royal Rumble 2013 and the Rock ended Punk's record breaking streak of holding onto the WWE title, the Rock of course lost the title to Cena at Wrestlemania 29.

Speaking of Goldberg vs Lesnar....

Anyone catch this supposedly easter egg in the commercial? I didn't see it, but I didn't pay much attention to it once I saw Goldberg was the big reveal. lol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-catch...160253039.html

Blog Entries

so Nick how you think this rollins and reigns saga (again) will turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    so Nick how you think this rollins and reigns saga (again) will turn out?
    I'm gonna go with Reigns going over both matches, with Rollins trying to keep the Authority in his favor, but they turn on him causing him to get the Shield back together to go against whoever the Authority decides to back this time around. The first match will obviously take place in 3 weeks without the help of the Authority since Steph is playing nice with Shane until the split. I think after the split, HHH comes back and Rollins tries to get back with them then. They go alone with it at first (maybe a week or 2) till they send in whoever they really chose (maybe Orton again or one of the "new era" guys or callup from NXT) to screw Rollins. It will get heat on who they send out, Keep the belt on Reigns, and allow Rollins to switch to face all in one match.

Now, since they never do anything I say when I say it will happen, don't look for any of that to happen, except Reigns retaining both times against Rollins. lol But, that's what I would do since they insist on having Reigns (who I like and don't mind as champ) being the face of the company after Cena or the face of RAW going forward and they refuse to turn him heel (which I would also like to see)

Blog Entries

Speaking of Goldberg vs Lesnar....

Anyone catch this supposedly easter egg in the commercial? I didn't see it, but I didn't pay much attention to it once I saw Goldberg was the big reveal. lol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-catch...160253039.html
    I don't really pay any mind to that because from everything I know about Goldberg, he's not going to come back to job to Brock, and it goes without saying that they aren't going to book Brock to lose to him. I could certainly see him coming back for a run up to a match at WM, but it wouldn't be against Brock IMO.

Most likely just something fun thrown in to the commercial, something you'll be able to do in WWE 2K17 if you pre-order to get Goldberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't really pay any mind to that because from everything I know about Goldberg, he's not going to come back to job to Brock, and it goes without saying that they aren't going to book Brock to lose to him. I could certainly see him coming back for a run up to a match at WM, but it wouldn't be against Brock IMO.

Most likely just something fun thrown in to the commercial, something you'll be able to do in WWE 2K17 if you pre-order to get Goldberg.
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...ore_Video.html

Even Goldberg says he would play as Brock in the game if he wanted to go against himself, saying that Brock is about the only one he can see that could beat him. lol Sounds like rematch teases to me. jk I don't see Goldberg coming back for another wrestling run, at least I hope not.

It was reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that 2K Sports signed the deal with Bill Goldberg for the WWE 2K17 video game, not WWE. It should also be noted that they couldn't include Goldberg in the game or even make a deal without Vince McMahon's approval. However, we've seen with The Ultimate Warrior and Sting that a 2K deal could lead to something with WWE.

Hopefully Vince says no thanks this time around and keeps him in game only.

Blog Entries

It was reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that 2K Sports signed the deal with Bill Goldberg for the WWE 2K17 video game, not WWE. It should also be noted that they couldn't include Goldberg in the game or even make a deal without Vince McMahon's approval. However, we've seen with The Ultimate Warrior and Sting that a 2K deal could lead to something with WWE.

Hopefully Vince says no thanks this time around and keeps him in game only.
    I am not a fan of Goldberg either, terrible in the ring wrestler, not very entertaining at all.

Blog Entries

I agree that Goldberg is a terrible wrestler Smoove, but I'd rather see him than Reigns or Cena. The most believable spear I've ever seen, outside of Rhino. I'm tired of this fruity pebble white guy trying to act black, and this caveman chiseled in granite that hasn't been taught how to be human yet. While a guy like the Truth, who has paid his dues in wrestling for decades, gets shitty gimmicks and shitty pushes. And character after character is left to ruin, because of the WWE's stubbornness in keeping Reigns face.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I don't remember ever thinking Goldberg was a good wrestler, but everything else about him in that time period was so damn cool to me. The way they would have security outside his dressing room ready to walk him to the entrance, the music, the Goldberg chant (real or piped in, still BA either way), how he would stand in the cheap WCW pyro and then come out with the sparks still on him and that big ass title around him. So awesome. And of course his offense was so believable, the spear was incredible and the Jackhammer was a cool finisher. I loved Goldberg.

I'm not sure that I've ever heard a bigger pop than when he beat Hogan for the title. Has to be top-5 for me, along with Rock's in 2012 (I think it was 2012?), Austin coming back at Backlash 2000 (which I had the pleasure of being in attendance for), Triple H at MSG in 2002, and Mick Foley's first title win in 99.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 06-01-2016 at 08:49 AM.