Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4445464748 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Top Ten Wrestling Dream Matches

Goldberg still oozes charisma. I have seen his entrance a million times in WCW and the watered down WWE version, but it still gives me chills to watch. One of the best, alongside HHH and Undertaker's entrances. I am a total mark here. A bit surreal to see those kids in the audience who weren't even born the last time he was in the company, let alone alive to see his heyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Goldberg still oozes charisma. I have seen his entrance a million times in WCW and the watered down WWE version, but it still gives me chills to watch. One of the best, alongside HHH and Undertaker's entrances. I am a total mark here. A bit surreal to see those kids in the audience who weren't even born the last time he was in the company, let alone alive to see his heyday.
    Oldberg! Oldberg! Oldberg! :p I get it from a nostalgic standpoint, but I've gotten to a point where I no longer care to see the guys from back then back on the tv. It was fun while it lasted and I enjoyed the ride, but their time has come and gone. True, it was one of (if not the) best time for professional wrestling, but that time is no more, so I don't care to see shells of their former selves taking the spots of the guys busting their asses now days. It's the same for me when the Rock returns and does his same spew from 15-20 years ago, that just doesn't work today. I'm tired of HHH having to be in a Wrestlemania match. He's not needed anymore! Rhyno is killing the Heath Slater story for me. He's not needed to help put Slater over. Bringing back a bunch of has beens to fill in spots isn't needed. Use that time to help build the stars you are trying to make now. The only ones I'd like to see make a return would be the Hardys, and I'd stick them in the tag division for a nice run with the titles, then let them enter the HOF and go on about their business elsewhere. Maybe Matt could stick around and still be relevant today. I know Jeff enjoys his time off and probably wouldn't want that kind of schedule anymore, so a nice tag title run into the HOF would be good for him. There really isn't anyone else I'd like to see come back and wrestle for WWE from the good ol' days of wrestling.

Like you said, over half, if not more, of the crowd has no clue who Goldberg is or what he unintentionally accomplished with a long undefeated streak of beating nobody jobbers, and finally towards the end, mid carders. He was never supposed to be a big star, it was something that just happened. I give him all the props for taking it and running with it, but he's just not a good wrestler at all, and I think this match with Lesnar will be far worse than that last time.

They have booked Lesnar as a total dominate beast, yet they are going to let some old has been come off the couch and have a believable match? Nah, that's just bad booking imo. There's no way Goldberg should come in and have any type of believable match with Lesnar, especially how dominate they have been making Lesnar look since his return. Part time or not, he still should completely dominate Oldberg.

Maybe if it was a match between Foley and Goldberg, where the loser NEVER shows his face on WWE television again, I'd tune in to watch, but only if it was a double count out and they both had to NEVER show up again.

I may tune in just because it's his last match, but if they put him over on Lesnar, I think I will take a break from RAW for awhile.

Anywho, that's just me ranting because I never liked the guy and don't see the appeal in bringing him back, even for one match. I don't fault anyone at all that is a fan, because there's no denying he was a star back then.

Blog Entries

I still like seeing the old guys, but I think it needs to be in special roles and not the focal point of storylines. I have no need to see HHH main eventing WM at this point, for example. But that 13 year old mark still lives inside me so I get excited to see them, especially guys that haven't been around and who were thought to never be coming back like Goldberg. I will be the same way if/when Kurt Angle makes his WWE return. Likewise on the Hardy's. Hell, I dug the hell out of seeing the Headbangers on SD a few weeks ago. Just need to keep all this in the midcard or special attraction and let the guys the company is building around now be the main eventers.

Don't really disagree with you on most of the rest. Goldberg was never a great wrestler, always more about the spectacle and this will be no different. I am pretty happy that we'll be seeing a Lesnar match that isn't just a borderline squash full of German suplex though. I do feel pretty confident that the agents will help Brock and Goldberg put together something good, just be up to them to execute.

The popular theory I've heard and one that makes sense if they are intending to go where I mentioned a page or two ago, is that Goldberg will win but it won't be clean, Shane will somehow cost Lesnar the match which will set up something down the road at WM. I think that's plausible. Hard for me to see Goldberg coming back for one match and losing. Especially after that promo he cut on Raw, which was fantastic and really painted him as an ultra-babyface.

Well, I just ordered tickets to the Dec. 11th Smackdown house show in Greenville, NC! I will be making my 2nd return to my old stomping grounds (East Carolina University) to watch a WWE event.

This time is different though, because last time it was a RAW show, and this time it's Smackdown, which barring any major set backs from the wrestling God's, I will FINALLY get to see Becky Lynch in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Blog Entries

And Alexa Bliss, lol. And AJ too. SD shows are the ones to go to now. Maybe even Cena will be there.

Here's some Friday evening laughs:

Blog Entries

BTW I didn't realize it but Duane Gill aka Gillberg lives in Glen Burnie and is a Ravens fan. Apparently he attends all the games. I'm going to hunt him down and get a picture if I can at the next game.

And Alexa Bliss, lol. And AJ too. SD shows are the ones to go to now. Maybe even Cena will be there.

Here's some Friday evening laughs:

I'm not gonna lie, I will be taking as many pics of Bliss as I can as well. lol I've seen AJ wrestle back in the Impact Zone during his TNA days. It was during the time of the downfall once Hogan and Bichoff were there. Not a bad show or crowd, but it is FREE so.... Was in FL for vacation and hit up a show while I was there.

I saw Cena way back before he had his "match" with Angle that started his rise. He came out in his lime green trunks and beat the hell out of a nobody jobber. Was a house show in Raleigh. Haven't been able to see him since. lol

I can't even begin to comment on Steiner and his super brain.

BTW I didn't realize it but Duane Gill aka Gillberg lives in Glen Burnie and is a Ravens fan. Apparently he attends all the games. I'm going to hunt him down and get a picture if I can at the next game.
    That is awesome!

Speaking of Alexa Bliss...did you see her Goldust photo shoot? I still don't know how to post photos on here, or I would add em. lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvX5bmFXYAAk3CG.jpg:large

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Well, I just ordered tickets to the Dec. 11th Smackdown house show in Greenville, NC! I will be making my 2nd return to my old stomping grounds (East Carolina University) to watch a WWE event.

This time is different though, because last time it was a RAW show, and this time it's Smackdown, which barring any major set backs from the wrestling God's, I will FINALLY get to see Becky Lynch in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Enjoy yourself nick and try to get a hug from Becky lol

Gillberg Gillberg Gillberg LOL That's is really cool that he lives in Glen Burnie and is a Ravens fan.