Page 1 of 50 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT: Top Ten Wrestling Dream Matches

I watched the WWE's video of it on youtube, and thought that I'd pitch the idea to you guys. What would be your top ten list of dream matches that never happened? Any era. Any promotion. Any type of match. Give 10.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: OT: Top Ten Wrestling Dream Matches

The WWE mentioned a few obvious ones, such as Andre the Giant vs. The Big Show, and Sting vs. The Undertaker (In their personas, since they've actually wrestled each other in a different promotion under different persona). Another obvious one would be The Ultimate Warrior vs. Goldberg. I liked the idea behind their Fabulous Mula vs. Trish Stratus choice. Personally, I'm not sure Stratus would be my choice for Mula though. I'd go Madusa before Trish.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I'll throw a couple out there:

Doctor of Thuganomics version of John Cena v.s. Stone Cold Steve Austin at the height of Austin 3:16

Shawn Michaels in his prime before his back injury against Seth Rollins

Blog Entries

What do you think of AJ Styles in his prime vs. Shawn Michaels in his prime?

I never figured out why WWE/WWF didn't have The Undertaker and IRS as a tag team.

Even Ben Franklin agrees...

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.

Blog Entries

Do I have to give just 10? All these are "in their prime" matches...no order...I may list more later involving older guys. Couple of these would be awful matches but the spectacle would be cool.

CM Punk vs. Steve Austin
    CM Punk vs. AJ Styles (this technically happened a few times in the early 2000's, but would have been nice to see in say, 2013)
    CM Punk vs. Kurt Angle
    Kevin Owens vs. Kurt Angle
    Kevin Owens vs. Steve Austin (oh God the promos)
    Seth Rollins vs. Kurt Angle
    Seth Rollins vs. Shawn Michaels
    Mick Foley as Cactus Jack vs. Dean Ambrose (in a hardcore match, the Attitude era version, not the neutered down current era version)
    Goldberg vs. Steve Austin
    Bret Hart vs. Kevin Owens
    Bret Hart vs. Seth Rollins
    Bret Hart vs. CM Punk
    Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle (Submission match, FIRE.)
    Bret Hart vs. Chris Jericho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think their styles would mesh extremely well, and being two of the greatest ever, and Shawn's constant striving for perfection in matches back in that time of his life, it would probably be one of the best matches of all time.

Blog Entries

Nick Bockwinkle vs Ric Flair - I know they wrestled once in a AWA vs NWA even but it was late in Bockwinkle's career. Flair of the mid 80's vs. Bockwinkle of the early 70's would have been awesome. Those guys had the exact same style in the ring and equally fantastic gimmicks.

Randy Savage vs. Dean Ambrose - That could have been a Savage/Steamboat kind of match. Both guys had so much explosive energy.

Kevin Steen (I think he's Kevin Owens in WWE) vs. Rey Mysterio - I've seen so many matches of Steen vs. El Generico that i know he excels against small athletic guys. Most brawlers can't make that work but Steen is a natural. Mysterio is also used to wrestling bigger guys since he's had to do that most of his career. I'd pay good money to see that one.

Blog Entries

the match that should have happened 10-15yrs ago but never did and never will...sting vs the undertaker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    this would have been a good one both these guys with their charisma and technical ring skills would be entertaining. Michaels would have the edge on the mic over styles tho.

Just off the top of my head: Hulk vs Austin, Savage vs Austin, Bret vs Angle, Malenko or Eddy or Ben*it vs Bryan, HBK vs Bryan, Nakamura vs HBK, RVD vs KO, Rockers vs Hardy's, Vader vs Lesnar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I don't remember Cactus Jack and New Jack ever facing each other in ECW. To me, if I could pick one hardcore match, it would be Cactus Jack vs New Jack in a Dive match.