Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's early but OKC is on fire They are killing Curry with these mismatches
    I found it humorous that they were targeting Curry.
    -JAB

I've been very surprised with both Conference Finals so far.

I certainly thought OKC could beat Golden State...never ever would have thought they would have completely outclassed them this badly. GS looks shell shocked...like they thought this road would be easy and got punched in the mouth and can't recover.

Cleveland's shooting has gone ice cold and it's looking like Kevin Love is playing the role of Chris Bosh...the guy who was a star for his previous team and now is struggling as a third wheel. Give Toronto credit, the backcourt has been terrific as opposed to being so erratic last series. Cleveland's shooting has gone ice cold.

Regardless, I expect OKC to win the title (GS if they somehow come back from this would win IMHO as well).
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

cleveland has just gotten 3 happy. you dont use a stretch 4 so you can shoot up a 3 with your wings and your big outside. if youre going to do that, you should be playing a legit 4 and 5 so you can rebound. Byiombo (spell check) is just killing them on the boards and a lot of that is by simply being in position when Love isnt. They need to really get back to their roots, and part of that is playing inside out with Love, or driving to the basket with Love outside. Both work, they just need to be on the same page at the same time.

i dont want to be swayed by whatever the current winds are, but OKC is clearly playing on another level. They seem to have locked in on their defense which was one thing that was missing and now appears to be a strength. It would be hard to bet against them against anybody at this point.

I figure Cavs close it out the next 2, and OKC closes it out the next one. IF the Cavs can find their offense again, or their 3 pt shooting if they remain 3 happy, than I think itll be a good series, but currently it has the makings of a one sided series.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    cleveland has just gotten 3 happy. you dont use a stretch 4 so you can shoot up a 3 with your wings and your big outside. if youre going to do that, you should be playing a legit 4 and 5 so you can rebound. Byiombo (spell check) is just killing them on the boards and a lot of that is by simply being in position when Love isnt. They need to really get back to their roots, and part of that is playing inside out with Love, or driving to the basket with Love outside. Both work, they just need to be on the same page at the same time.

i dont want to be swayed by whatever the current winds are, but OKC is clearly playing on another level. They seem to have locked in on their defense which was one thing that was missing and now appears to be a strength. It would be hard to bet against them against anybody at this point.

I figure Cavs close it out the next 2, and OKC closes it out the next one. IF the Cavs can find their offense again, or their 3 pt shooting if they remain 3 happy, than I think itll be a good series, but currently it has the makings of a one sided series.
    Lue showed his coaching weaknesses last game. Biz was coverign Frye with Love out. To get back in the game they crashed the net because Biz was out by the 3 point line. They came wihtin a few points....and then stopped. The Raps couldn't adjust and instead of killing them in the paint, they tried to start shooting jumpers again.

PS JR Smith is absolute garbage. I've always been a huge Carmelo Anthoiny fan so I used ot follow Denver. He used to fuck us every god damn big game by taking stupid shots.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

JR is just the exact definition of a streaky shooter. When hes on, hes every bit as good as Curry, imo, as far as being able to create and just knock them down at will. However when hes off, its like andre miller out there, because hell keep shooting and just not make any.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I certainly thought OKC could beat Golden State...never ever would have thought they would have completely outclassed them this badly. GS looks shell shocked...like they thought this road would be easy and got punched in the mouth and can't recover.
    Has Skip Bayless surfaced yet to admit yet another crushingly wrong prediction (namely, that OKC would not win a game)?

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    Has Skip Bayless surfaced yet to admit yet another crushingly wrong prediction (namely, that OKC would not win a game)?
    He's awful. I'm sure though he's thrilled that Lebron looks like he will fail once again to win.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's awful. I'm sure though he's thrilled that Lebron looks like he will fail once again to win.
    Only in the NBA is getting to 6 straight Finals, with 2 different teams no less, considered a negative.
    -JAB

Good god this is bad
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    JR is just the exact definition of a streaky shooter. When hes on, hes every bit as good as Curry, imo, as far as being able to create and just knock them down at will. However when hes off, its like andre miller out there, because hell keep shooting and just not make any.
    He's also a head case who can't play D, although he's actually made a couple good defensive plays this game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    He's also a head case who can't play D, although he's actually made a couple good defensive plays this game so far.
    WHere the fuck was that Cavs D the last two games? Absolutely swarming them.

Home court advantage is huge.
    - Ray Lewis

Now Mark Jackson is saying that JR is their best perimeter defender, LOL. What does that say about Kyrie? I'd say Shumpert is probably their best, followed by Delly.