Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

Was hoping for a better game 7 yesterday but didn't get it.

I think Cleveland takes the east without a lot of problem, maybe it goes 6.

OKC has some young talent and they could put up a fight. But they'll probably have to go small and that will be the death of them. They may extend it to 6 or 7 games but I don't see them beating GS

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Wow I did not see OKC taking game 1 that's for sure.

The Warriors got bullied in the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I expected OKC to bring it in this series after they took out the Spurs. When it's not just Westbrook and Durant show they can beat anyone.

Curry has been hurt, but Golden State didn't look all that impressive against an inexperienced Portland team last round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Wow I did not see OKC taking game 1 that's for sure.

The Warriors got bullied in the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they put up the strong defensive effort I thought theyd need to in order to win. Now its just about consistency, which I think is a problem for them. They long and athletic enough to give them all problems. they seem pretty focused, so game 2 will tell me a lot about how this series is going to go.
    -JAB

That was impressive by OKC, didn't expect that game to go that way at all.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I feel like the defense OKC played last night is not going ot be sustainable.

I can't wrap my head around GS losing 4 games lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I feel like the defense OKC played last night is not going ot be sustainable.

I can't wrap my head around GS losing 4 games lol
    theyre not as good as their record, imo.

I believe the regular season is watered down because the bottom of the NBA is so bad compared to previous eras. The warriors arent as good as their regular season record for that reason, imo. that said, they win the championship (again) and I think that means that much more because the 4 teams or so at the top are that much better than previous eras. These super teams with 3 plus stars or 2 superstars, really have changed the value of playoff vs regular season wins.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

I believe the regular season is watered down because the bottom of the NBA is so bad compared to previous eras. The warriors arent as good as their regular season record for that reason, imo. that said, they win the championship (again) and I think that means that much more because the 4 teams or so at the top are that much better than previous eras. These super teams with 3 plus stars or 2 superstars, really have changed the value of playoff vs regular season wins.
    It's interesting you say that.

I was having a conversation on the weekend about the difference between the NHL and NBA.

If you look at the NHL standings it's extremely close. From last place to first place, it wasn't astronomical. In the NBA it's completely the two extremes.

I agree with you there. It's always the same teams going deep in the playoffs.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

That's just not true. There were super teams in the 80's and 90's and just as many bad teams. In the 90s, 29% of the teams won less than 40% of their games. During the last 5 seasons, 28% won less than 40%. Basically the same percentage of bad teams. Conversely, 31% of the teams in the 90s won over 60% of their games compared to only 28% of the last 5 years. Basically the same ratio of good to poor teams. Only 3 teams won championships in the 90's.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

This afternoon, Mutombo tweeted congrats to the 76ers for winning the lottery... Then he deleted it. Well the 76ers just won the top pick. Conspiracy theories?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This afternoon, Mutombo tweeted congrats to the 76ers for winning the lottery... Then he deleted it. Well the 76ers just won the top pick. Conspiracy theories?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mutombo is wagging his finger at your right now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Bad night for Toronto sports. Wuh
    - Ray Lewis