Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast

OT - NBA Playoffs

Anyone watching?

I know we had a thread last year that was pretty busy.

I'm a huge Raps fan so today was a great day. Nice to see them not choke at the end of the game for once.

Predictions for conference finals?

Mine:
    Cavs in 6 (unfortunately)
    Warriors in 7.

The Warriors-Thunder series is going to be absolutely insane.

As for Raps-Cavs, I think their tendency to blow leads will kill them. They actually don't match u ptoo bad. Carrol is one of the few guys in the east then can give Lebron a good matchup. Patterson is athletic enough to cover Love and Joseph can play Irving.

BUt I just think the Raps lack the conistency.

I'll be cheering like crazy along with the rest of the 6ix though!

What do y'all think?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: OT - NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Anyone watching?

I know we had a thread last year that was pretty busy.

I'm a huge Raps fan so today was a great day. Nice to see them not choke at the end of the game for once.

Predictions for conference finals?

Mine:
    Cavs in 6 (unfortunately)
    Warriors in 7.

The Warriors-Thunder series is going to be absolutely insane.

As for Raps-Cavs, I think their tendency to blow leads will kill them. They actually don't match u ptoo bad. Carrol is one of the few guys in the east then can give Lebron a good matchup. Patterson is athletic enough to cover Love and Joseph can play Irving.

BUt I just think the Raps lack the conistency.

I'll be cheering like crazy along with the rest of the 6ix though!

What do y'all think?
    If Cleveland continues to shoot from 3 like they have been, unfortunately I don't see the Raptors winning a game.

I also don't think the Thunder win more than 2 games max with Curry back.

And Golden State probably back to back in 5.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Cavs in 4, Thunder in 6.

I think Cavs matchup better vs Thunder, but I would love to see Curry vs Lebron again with a healthy Love/Irving.

If I had to choose today, I think Cavs win it all.

wrong sport but didn't know where to put this, for baldy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    wrong sport but didn't know where to put this, for baldy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    As most would assume I'm a Jays fan.

This was such bullshit. I'm not even mad about the punch. Bautista got rocked, no doubt about it, but they wait until the 7th game of the year against eachother to get payback? Oh and conveniently the last game they play this year? That's just gutless. If you want payback you get it the next game.

Either way too many parties at fault. The HBP was dirty, the slide was dirty, the punch was dirty, Chavez hitting fielder was dirty.

I just think the rangers are cowards.

Prediction right now: this game will light the fire under the Jays asses.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Cavs in the ECF. Id say a sweep but Ill give Toronto a game on pride I guess. That's easy. WCF not so much. The gambler in me wants to go OKC but in the end Steph is the difference even if hes not 100 %. (and even if OKC has two of the games top 5 players) I do think it will go the distance.

For the Finals same as last year Im betting on LBJ and the Cavs in 6. The Ws have improved but so have the Cavs...... AND now they've got a healthy Love and Kyrie whos on the top of his game. When they spread and start raining 3s and LBJ has room to do his thing watch out. I predict Dellie will give Steph hell the entire series.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Sorry GWNR, but watching that Raptors game yesterday was painful, and they were the "good" team. Id really be surprised if the Cavs dropped a game to them, theyre just a much better team and that was before they recently found their stroke from beyond the arc.

Im a spurs (and Knicks) fan so i was disappointed with how they played against OKC. It was uncharacteristic. I dont think OKC is consistent enough to beat the warriors, but on paper they should be able to. All depends if they can keep it together and stop giving up huge 4th quarter leads, which the Warriors like to come back from as it is anyway.

The warriors have struggled some in these playoffs. Theyve been winning games but opponents have basically been in every game. I think westbrook will make Currys life somewhat miserable, but the warriors are so much deeper that i just dont see it mattering that much. I think Warriors take it in 6, but all the games should be close. looking forward to this series a lot.

I think the Cavs take the warriors in 6. Theyre both good teams, but if lebron can take them to 6 by himself, i have a hard time believing that he cant beat them this year with a healthy team. I mean honestly, Delladova was the next best player on that team last year...
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Sorry GWNR, but watching that Raptors game yesterday was painful, and they were the "good" team. Id really be surprised if the Cavs dropped a game to them, theyre just a much better team and that was before they recently found their stroke from beyond the arc.

Im a spurs (and Knicks) fan so i was disappointed with how they played against OKC. It was uncharacteristic. I dont think OKC is consistent enough to beat the warriors, but on paper they should be able to. All depends if they can keep it together and stop giving up huge 4th quarter leads, which the Warriors like to come back from as it is anyway.

The warriors have struggled some in these playoffs. Theyve been winning games but opponents have basically been in every game. I think westbrook will make Currys life somewhat miserable, but the warriors are so much deeper that i just dont see it mattering that much. I think Warriors take it in 6, but all the games should be close. looking forward to this series a lot.

I think the Cavs take the warriors in 6. Theyre both good teams, but if lebron can take them to 6 by himself, i have a hard time believing that he cant beat them this year with a healthy team. I mean honestly, Delladova was the next best player on that team last year...
    I definitely think the Cavs are hitting their stride. I do still think the raps match up well but that doesn't mean they're better. Cleveland is a superior team no doubt.

I do think the series will be closer then people are predicting.

Age finally caught the Spurs. They just looked tired. What an insane run for the original big 3 though. The Spurs have been good for so long
    - Ray Lewis

OKC has always been a tough matchup for the Spurs. Ibaka has always been able to neutralize Duncan and Westbrook gives Parker fits.

I don't think they are going to matchup as well with the Warriors, Curry is on another planet and I think will take advantage of Westbrooks over aggressiveness and Durant will get his, but Green will make him work for it. I don't think OKC has the horses to defend Golden State that well for 48 minutes. Should be Golden State's best test though.

I agree with Jab about the Raptors though...I just don't see it. That was a very tough series to watch and they struggled with a terrible shooting Miami team who lost the only big man they had early in the series. I don't see Cleveland having a tough time at all with them. The East IMHO once again is one team and bunch of mediocrity.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    OKC has always been a tough matchup for the Spurs. Ibaka has always been able to neutralize Duncan and Westbrook gives Parker fits.

I don't think they are going to matchup as well with the Warriors, Curry is on another planet and I think will take advantage of Westbrooks over aggressiveness and Durant will get his, but Green will make him work for it. I don't think OKC has the horses to defend Golden State that well for 48 minutes. Should be Golden State's best test though.
    That's the thing. Between Green, Barnes and Igudola there's multiple options to cover Durant.

The key to winning is going to be Westbrook. He could really bully Curry. Curry is a great defender, but I think he'll have a hard time with Westbrooks slashing.

Interesting to note:
    Raptors won season series with Cavs 2-1
    GS won 3-0
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Curry is a great defender
    that seems to be an exaggeration. He plays on a good defense and gets steals. Hes not a great defender himself.

reminds me of when Allen Iverson would lead the league in steals or how Harden was tied for 2nd in the playoffs. Anybody going to claim theyre great defenders?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    that seems to be an exaggeration. He plays on a good defense and gets steals. Hes not a great defender himself.

reminds me of when Allen Iverson would lead the league in steals or how Harden was tied for 2nd in the playoffs. Anybody going to claim theyre great defenders?
    Maybe great was an exaggeration.

Curry is a good defender? Adequate? Lol
    - Ray Lewis