Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Socializing The Board

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    First Name: Brian

Military Service - no, but deep respect for all who have. Thank you!

Location Arnold, MD

Attended College? Loyola College (now University)

Ravens fan since Day 1

Fan of another team? I always like the Packers with Favre as a kid, so I do still root for them in the NFC.

M&T Seats? No, fortunate to go to a bunch over the year, but actually prefer to watch on TV

Tailgating Spot? The couch. Don't you dare sit in my spot.

College Team? Don't follow college football much since I commit Sundays to the Ravens. Root for Navy and the Terps.

Favorite Player (Current, Historic)? Currently have to put Keenan Reynolds because of the local ties. Went to our first Navy game this year and was the one where he broke the TD record. Always loved Ed & Ogden.

Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)? Gaither - dude had all the size and ability in the world to lock down the left side, but not an ounce of drive.

Least favorite team (why)? Would have thought Steelers, but got to go w/ Pats. For all the reasons others have stated, but additionally I feel let down and betrayed by them. Wife is a Pats fan, I liked them when they first started the recent success, and Belicheck's ties to Navy/Ravens/Giants.

Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc? Couple. Lived in Vegas for 5 years. Would see Ogden out a lot, and played in a basketball league he was in. Dude is HUGE but so agile. Grew up in NJ, and several Giants lived in home town. Would see Bavaro at church, sister taught Belicheck's kid how to swim. The Giants would play a charity basketball game against the Jaycees. One year my friends and I didn't have tickets to go, but saw Elvis Patterson in the parking lot with his family. He gave us the baby in a car seat, the diaper bag and his gym bag and told the guy at the gate "they're with me".

Hobbies? Playing basketball, travel, the beach, lacrosse fan, reading, beer, problem solving

Ever played football? Nope, everything I know I learned from watching games and asking educated people - one aspect I love about this board!

Position played?

RSR members could ask me for advice on...? travel (especially Vegas), any of those hobbies listed above
    Going to Vegas for the first time this summer. Going for work, but I'm sure I'll have some time to play...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

First Name: Jared
    Age Bracket: 36
    Military Service: 18 Years Army currently serving on Active Duty
    Location (town/city/state) From Baltimore, currently stationed in Philly, soon to be Petersburg, VA in a couple of weeks.
    Attended College? Not really. Graduated from ITT Tech while serving.
    Ravens fan since...? 1996. Was a 49er fan before the Ravens came to town.
    Fan of another team? I don't mind the Saints, but not really a fan of another team, I just like the game.
    M&T Seats? I just find them whenever I can get back in town and make a game
    Tailgating Spot? Lot O
    College Team? Terps, Gators
    Favorite Player (Current, Historic)? Ed Reed all time favorite. Jerry Rice
    Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)? Lee Evans, Domonique Foxworth
    Least favorite team (why)? Patriots! No integrity, pretty self explanatory.
    Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc? About 5 or so years ago got to meet and greet a bunch of the players at one of the Military Appreciation Day practice camps chatted with some of them (Ray Rice, Ed Reed, John Harbaugh)
    Hobbies? Weight Lifting, Poker, flag football
    Ever played football? Played in H.S.
    Position played? FS, CB
    RSR members could ask me for advice on...? Computer/network, military related issues.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Socializing The Board

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Have you thought about a HD projector and screen set up? HD quality on a 100" screen is sexy.
    Sheeeeeeiiiiittttt...I wish I had space for that man. I'm looking for more cozy by the fireplace type of set up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Location (town/city/state) From Baltimore, currently stationed in Philly, soon to be Petersburg, VA in a couple of weeks.
    Fan of another team? I don't mind the Saints, but not really a fan of another team, I just like the game.
    Tailgating Spot? Lot O
    Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc? About 5 or so years ago got to meet and greet a bunch of the players at one of the Military Appreciation Day practice camps chatted with some of them (Ray Rice, Ed Reed, John Harbaugh)
    Position played? FS, CB
    RSR members could ask me for advice on...? Computer/network, military related issues.
    Fun fact - Jay and I played together on the RSR Flag Football team a few years ago with some other folks from the board. I haven't seen them around in a while.

One of the guys was in the Navy with me and he is a diehard Steelers fan, so when I broke out the Ravens t-shirts we had made up, he about lost it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Fun fact - Jay and I played together on the RSR Flag Football team a few years ago with some other folks from the board. I haven't seen them around in a while.

One of the guys was in the Navy with me and he is a diehard Steelers fan, so when I broke out the Ravens t-shirts we had made up, he about lost it.
    lol this is awesome!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It normally starts in one of two ways: phishing or someone inadvertently going to a malicious website.

Also, you and I are the same age. Think about the fact that most businesses are run/owned by folks our parents age that came up without computers. Sure, a lot of them understand the basics of passwords and things like that, but what about the businesses that have point of sale systems sitting on a server that is accessible from the open internet? They may not think about that.

Most small and med sized businesses that get popped with a cyber attack close within a year. Criminals know these mom and pop businesses just don't understand security, so they're always being targeted. The fallout from a cyber attack isn't just the business losing money, but the business also loses customers. What customer wants to shop at a store when that store just had several credit card numbers stolen from a cyber attack? Brand reputation means a great deal.
    very true sir, smh it's like dog eat dog out there these days people could care less about who they scam I know some folks who lost everything they worked so hard for and having to start all over again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    First Name: Doug
    Age Bracket (18-25/ 26-35/ 36-45/ 46-55/ 56+): 29
    Military Service: n/a
    Location (town/city/state): Baltimore, MD (Mt. Vernon)
    Attended College?: Washington College (Chestertown, MD). So that now makes two of us on here.
    Ravens fan since...?: Since the beginning. Before the Ravens, I was force-fed Washington on the tv and didn't like anything that had to do with D.C., largely because of it. I didn't even like the Capitals. Growing up, my two teams were the Avalanche and the Devils.
    Fan of another team? When I was younger it was San Fransisco. Now, I really don't have one. There may be one I'd like to see win, at times, for one reason or another, but no one I consistently root for
    M&T Seats? n/a. I am able to get my hands on some tickets about once or twice a year.
    Tailgating Spot? n/a.
    College Team? n/a. Again, it changes
    Favorite Player (Current, Historic)? Favorite Current player is Joe Flacco, because of how he's accomplished so much under such circumstances and, if I were white and 6' 5", based on my demeanor with regards to competitive activity (And the fact that I have thick eyebrows), I'd probably be Joe Flacco, with that stone cold look on my face on the sideline, rarely seeming to lose my cool. I just wouldn't have that corny fistpump celebration after every touchdown. My favorite historic player (Ravens) would be Jonathan Ogden. Non-Ravens, it was Jerry Rice, but now that I've found out about the stickum, I have to go with Barry Sanders
    Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)? My least favorite Current Raven is Matt Elam. Historic: Travis Taylor
    Least favorite team (why)? The Steelers: Because they are the demons of the underworld brought on this earth to prepare for the uprising. And, I'm actually a bit jealous that when you got to Pittsburgh (I had a relative there), you see NOTHING, but yellow and black. Yet, here in Baltimore, I was born after the Colts left. So I didn't get the chance to see that type of devotion to the old Colts. Here, you're bound to see a damned rainbow of jerseys of NFL teams.
    Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc? I actually sold Ed Reed some earphones when I was working retail during college break. I believe I've told this story on here before.
    Hobbies? The gym, video games, the gym, watching Old School kung fu movies (From the 60's and 70's), the gym, writing poetry and the gym
    Ever played football? I played JV for one year, had never put the pads on before. Naturally, I sucked, and then moved on to Martial Arts
    Position played? Bench
    RSR members could ask me for advice on...? Life. I'm the psychologist type. People seem to find it easy to open up to me.
    Ex you are CO? how many folks you had to choke out? Is it really bad in prison like they say it is like the shit you see on t.v?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Tailgating Spot? Lot O
    Position played? FS, CB
    Jay nice posting with you buddy

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    (2) HotInHere - If I give my wife $200 to go to the mall with my sister-in-law, leaving me happily home alone, is that considered "pleasuring a woman?"
    Wait, you mean there are other methods to pleasuring women BESIDES giving them money????
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    very true sir, smh it's like dog eat dog out there these days people could care less about who they scam I know some folks who lost everything they worked so hard for and having to start all over again.
    It's definitely sad.

Most countries don't have very strict Cyber laws unless the actions are against the country's government or businesses in-country.

First Name - Kyle
    Occupation - Finance - Credit Analyst
    Age Bracket (18-25/ 26-35/ 36-45/ 46-55/ 56+) - 25
    Military Service - None. Thank you for all who have!
    Location (town/city/state) - St. Louis, MO
    Attended College? Yes, University of Missouri- St. Louis. (very close to Ferguson).
    Ravens fan since...? 2004-ish. Dad took me to a Rams game against the Ravens and Ray Lewis made me a fan.
    Fan of another team? My Fantasy Football team. Huge fan of Julio Jones.
    M&T Seats? Whatever we buy when we go to a game each year.
    Tailgating Spot? None
    College Team? Not a college fan at all.
    Favorite Player (Current, Historic)? Suggs. Ray Lewis. Flacco.
    Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)? Billy.
    Least favorite team (why)? Steelers. I love the rivalry.
    Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc? Last year I won the You Pick the Team contest on the Ravens website. Was amazing to go on the field during halftime and see Reed get inducted to the RoH and getting a signed helmet from him. Was also awesome the game was against the Rams. Other than that, my dad and I take a trip each year to Baltimore to see a game and it has been amazing each year.
    Hobbies? Soccer, video games, ACL recovery :(
    Ever played football? Just for fun. Always played soccer.
    Position played? N/A
    RSR members could ask me for advice on...? I come here for the advice ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Ex you are CO? how many folks you had to choke out? Is it really bad in prison like they say it is like the shit you see on t.v?
    Like Oz?