Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Socializing The Board

Nice to start to meet you all!

First Name: Ken
    Occupation: Project Manager for a software company. (Work from home.)
    Age Bracket (18-25/ 26-35/ 36-45/ 46-55/ 56+): 48
    Military Service: Nope -- but a big thanks to all of you who have.
    Location (town/city/state): Bmore, Merlin, near Roland and Cold Spring.
    Attended College?: Washington College, Chestertown, MD. (We don't have a football team.)
    Ravens fan since...?: Since they finally got around to giving us back a fucking team.
    Fan of another team?: Being an underdog guy, I rooted for the Saints in the dark years. Bobby Hebert, Sam Mills, and whatnot.
    M&T Seats?: 119, second to last row
    Tailgating Spot?: Lot B, under the highway, near the spot-a-pots
    College Team?: I'd love to say Maryland, but I'm not sure they count. So Navy.
    Favorite Player (Current, Historic)?: SSSr, and 52
    Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)?: Boyle for being an knucklehead; and I never liked Deion Sanders. Had to hold my nose while cheering for him.
    Least favorite team (why)?: I can't believe I'm picking someone other than the Steelers, but I do at least respect the Steelers. The Patriots can die in a plane crash as far as I'm concerned.
    Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc? Training camp at Western Maryland.
    Hobbies? Play some music gigs on the side. Avid cyclist. Wine drinker, scotch drinker, bourbon drinker, master mixologist. Okay, probably borderline alcoholic.
    Ever played football?: Back in leather helmet days, but my career petered out very young.
    Position played?: TE/WR
    RSR members could ask me for advice on...?: How to pleasure a woman.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    This is already paying dividends. Jason, I can just picture you giving some middle aged kid the business with a Ric Flair WOOOO!
    "KIDS?!!....In this business!......You can't...just....know....how.....................to multiply!...YOUGOTTAKNOW.........how to..........WOOOOOOOO!!.....divide".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    "KIDS?!!....In this business!......You can't...just....know....how.....................to multiply!...YOUGOTTAKNOW.........how to..........WOOOOOOOO!!.....divide".
    lmaooo all day long when they pissing me off Ex.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    alright we got Jeff and Paul who are military IT guys..I know you guys can't comment on much due to your jobs with the military but I want to ask one simple question with either a yes or no answer....is there anything we need to worry about in the very near future?
    In what context?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    In what context?
    as far any threats from other countries.

congrats Cole being a home owner is truly a slice of the american dream.
    Thanks man! We got lucky and lived with family for a year post-graduation/first career to save up.

I dont know how some people do it man. My brother is 3 years older and is still renting while saving up for a down payment.

i've heard the market in the States is a lot different then in Canada. Apparently the Canadian market is much pricier when looking at similar house size and locations. I'm sure the dollar plays a big part in that, but it's tough.

If you want to live in Toronto for example, minimum you'll pay for a condo/townhouse is like 300k.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Hahahaha Smoove is teaching history: "Today, kids, we're going to learn about the failure of the Tampa 2 defense and about what an ass stain Dean Pees is"
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Curve TV Pros:

-The sense of depth is enhanced
    - A wider field of view, bringing your peripheral vision into play.
    - Better contrast.

Cons:

-Limits viewing angle.
    - Best view is sitting dead center.
    - They have to be really big to be effective.
    - The cost.

For me the cons don't outweigh the pros. Especially when you factor in the cost. In your case if its in a man cave and you plan to have family/friends over, depending on where they sit their viewing angle may suck. Something to think about.

No problem, just hit me up.
    Good stuff. I wondered about the angle and view issues. I thought the big selling point with them was there are "no bad angles"?

Maybe I'll just look at a regular set up then. 60-70".
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

9. Re: Socializing The Board

alright we got Jeff and Paul who are military IT guys..I know you guys can't comment on much due to your jobs with the military but I want to ask one simple question with either a yes or no answer....is there anything we need to worry about in the very near future?
    Guess I should have cleared up my comment, prior military, 87-98. USAF.

Nice to see some fellow cyclists! I just got into it this year. Am currently shopping for my first road bike (just using a hybrid right now that I found on Kijiji to see if I'm going to actually commit to it)
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Guess I should have cleared up my comment, prior military, 87-98. USAF.
    ok sir gotcha

First Name: Brian

Military Service - no, but deep respect for all who have. Thank you!

Location Arnold, MD

Attended College? Loyola College (now University)

Ravens fan since Day 1

Fan of another team? I always like the Packers with Favre as a kid, so I do still root for them in the NFC.

M&T Seats? No, fortunate to go to a bunch over the year, but actually prefer to watch on TV

Tailgating Spot? The couch. Don't you dare sit in my spot.

College Team? Don't follow college football much since I commit Sundays to the Ravens. Root for Navy and the Terps.

Favorite Player (Current, Historic)? Currently have to put Keenan Reynolds because of the local ties. Went to our first Navy game this year and was the one where he broke the TD record. Always loved Ed & Ogden.

Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)? Gaither - dude had all the size and ability in the world to lock down the left side, but not an ounce of drive.

Least favorite team (why)? Would have thought Steelers, but got to go w/ Pats. For all the reasons others have stated, but additionally I feel let down and betrayed by them. Wife is a Pats fan, I liked them when they first started the recent success, and Belicheck's ties to Navy/Ravens/Giants.

Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc? Couple. Lived in Vegas for 5 years. Would see Ogden out a lot, and played in a basketball league he was in. Dude is HUGE but so agile. Grew up in NJ, and several Giants lived in home town. Would see Bavaro at church, sister taught Belicheck's kid how to swim. The Giants would play a charity basketball game against the Jaycees. One year my friends and I didn't have tickets to go, but saw Elvis Patterson in the parking lot with his family. He gave us the baby in a car seat, the diaper bag and his gym bag and told the guy at the gate "they're with me".

Hobbies? Playing basketball, travel, the beach, lacrosse fan, reading, beer, problem solving

Ever played football? Nope, everything I know I learned from watching games and asking educated people - one aspect I love about this board!

Position played?

RSR members could ask me for advice on...? travel (especially Vegas), any of those hobbies listed above