Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Socializing The Board

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    First name = Shakespeare wrote, "What's in a name?"

Occupation = Doing nothing at all, and I don't start until noon.

Age = Helped Noah load the ark.

Military = U.S. Army Medical Corps.

Location = New York City.

College = on and off at Brooklyn college. Mostly off.

Ravens fan = Since day one.

Hobbies = Crossword puzzles, puns and anagrams, plenty of poker.

Played Football? = No, but did play softball, handball, and bowling.

Ask me advice on = Any old topic since I'm pretty ignorant and will likely give an uninformed answer.

Favorite Nonphysical Activity = I can watch those dancing bananas 'til the wife says, "Stop watching dancing bananas and help with [fill in any home work activity]."

... Bc
    LOL only Bc would do this

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    This is already paying dividends. Jason, I can just picture you giving some middle aged kid the business with a Ric Flair WOOOO!

Hahaha love it.

It is a pleasure posting with you guys.

This really was a cool idea Paul
    l do it all the time in the classroom when I get pissed LOL WOOOOOO!!

Blog Entries

First Name: Lee

Age Bracket (18-25/ 26-35/ 36-45/ 46-55/ 56+): 47

Location (town/city/state) Wilton, CT

Attended College? : Connecticut College, and I stayed in the State, MBA at Pace University in NYC

Ravens fan since...? : 1997 - Came in a year late

Fan of another team? : I like the Giants. I have a son who is a Lions fan, a daughter who is a Saints fan and my little one is nuts for the Giants. I like all 3 but way way behind the Ravens. I also have a soft spot for the Raiders. I met Al Davis on several occasions and he was awesome and John Madden might be the most underrated coach in history.

College Team: LSU

Favorite Player (Current, Historic) Ed Reed is my all time favorite. I like Yanda and Suggs and Flacco but it's nowhere near the way I felt watching Ed Reed.

Least Favorite Raven (current, historic) :Patrick 'hands of stone' Johnson. They kept on cutting him and bringing him back. Why? He was terrible. The only current player I really don't like is Monroe. That guy is just collecting a check. He doesn't seem to have an interest in playing.

Least favorite team (why) : The Browns. 3 owners since Modell and they're all horrible. Their fans are a bunch of whining loudmouths. Even their uniforms suck. 0-16 every year for that franchise would be fine by me.

Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc: Many years ago I was in a position to meet a lot of players. The one guy who really stood out and was completely cool....Franco Harris. Yup that's right. A lifelong Steeler was the coolest NFL player I ever met. He's just a regular person like the rest of us who happens to look like Hulk

Hobbies: I love to bike every chance I can. Mostly road these days but also some mountain. Fat biking in the winter and on the beaches is great too. Nothing quite like it

Ever played football: Played throughout High School. We only had club teams in college but I did that too. I wasn't very good. I did practice with Eric Mangini once who was a superstar Defensive Tackle. He was pretty much unblockable at our level

Position played: Tight End and Defensive End

RSR members could ask me for advice on...: Anything. There are a lot of great people who post here. If there is something you want to know just ask

4. Re: Socializing The Board

First Name: Jeff
    Age Bracket 47
    Military Service: USAF 11 yrs
    Location (town/city/state): Hampton Roads, Va. Born and raised in Baltimore.
    Attended College: Rcvd degree in military. St Leo College (Florida)
    Ravens fan since...1996
    Fan of another team: I was a Lions fan when we didn't have a team. ONLY b/c of Barry Sanders
    M&T Seats? I wish
    Tailgating Spot? I wish
    College Team? Terps and VT
    Favorite Player (Current, Historic): Suggs - Lewis, Reed, and Ngata in that order.
    Least Favorite Raven (current, historic): Matt Elam, Frank Walker
    Least favorite team (why) even though I dislike the Steelers, I respect them. I HATE the cowboys
    Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc: Seeing the smile on my youngest son's face when he got Ray Lewis' Autograph at one of the practices at M&T. Attending the Superbowl in NOLA w/ my oldest son.
    Hobbies: Home Theater, Golf
    Ever played football? HS, scored 4 TDs in one game at Polk High
    Position played? RB, CB
    RSR members could ask me for advice on... Home Theater design

Thanks great post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    LOL yup good ole Broncos country brother
    So, since you have so much experience as a DE/LB...

What do you look at when watching a pass rusher? What are your thoughts on the current group we have?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    First Name: Lee

Age Bracket (18-25/ 26-35/ 36-45/ 46-55/ 56+): 47

Location (town/city/state) Wilton, CT

Attended College? : Connecticut College, and I stayed in the State, MBA at Pace University in NYC

Ravens fan since...? : 1997 - Came in a year late

Fan of another team? : I like the Giants. I have a son who is a Lions fan, a daughter who is a Saints fan and my little one is nuts for the Giants. I like all 3 but way way behind the Ravens. I also have a soft spot for the Raiders. I met Al Davis on several occasions and he was awesome and John Madden might be the most underrated coach in history.

College Team: LSU

Favorite Player (Current, Historic) Ed Reed is my all time favorite. I like Yanda and Suggs and Flacco but it's nowhere near the way I felt watching Ed Reed.

Least Favorite Raven (current, historic) :Patrick 'hands of stone' Johnson. They kept on cutting him and bringing him back. Why? He was terrible. The only current player I really don't like is Monroe. That guy is just collecting a check. He doesn't seem to have an interest in playing.

Least favorite team (why) : The Browns. 3 owners since Modell and they're all horrible. Their fans are a bunch of whining loudmouths. Even their uniforms suck. 0-16 every year for that franchise would be fine by me.

Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc: Many years ago I was in a position to meet a lot of players. The one guy who really stood out and was completely cool....Franco Harris. Yup that's right. A lifelong Steeler was the coolest NFL player I ever met. He's just a regular person like the rest of us who happens to look like Hulk

Hobbies: I love to bike every chance I can. Mostly road these days but also some mountain. Fat biking in the winter and on the beaches is great too. Nothing quite like it

Ever played football: Played throughout High School. We only had club teams in college but I did that too. I wasn't very good. I did practice with Eric Mangini once who was a superstar Defensive Tackle. He was pretty much unblockable at our level

Position played: Tight End and Defensive End

RSR members could ask me for advice on...: Anything. There are a lot of great people who post here. If there is something you want to know just ask
    cool story Lee, good to put a name to the batman lol

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Age Bracket 47
    Ravens fan since...1996
    Fan of another team: I was a Lions fan when we didn't have a team. ONLY b/c of Barry Sanders
    M&T Seats? I wish
    Tailgating Spot? I wish
    Favorite Player (Current, Historic): Suggs - Lewis, Reed, and Ngata in that order.
    Least favorite team (why) even though I dislike the Steelers, I respect them. I HATE the cowboys
    Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc: Seeing the smile on my youngest son's face when he got Ray Lewis' Autograph at one of the practices at M&T. Attending the Superbowl in NOLA w/ my oldest son.
    Position played? RB, CB

Thanks great post.
    I may hit you up with some home theater design tips. Me and my fiancee just bought our first place and I wanan set up a man cave.

Cheers Jeff!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Age Bracket 47
    Ravens fan since...1996
    M&T Seats? I wish
    Tailgating Spot? I wish
    Position played? RB, CB

Thanks great post.
    I don't have the room for a home theater, but I'm finishing my basement and considering a large TV. I was actually thinking of one of the curved TV's. Do you know much about them?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, since you have so much experience as a DE/LB...

What do you look at when watching a pass rusher? What are your thoughts on the current group we have?
    for me personally I look at leverage, burst off the snap, moves and hands movement. I like to see DE that can lean into the pass rush, meaning get low and turn that edge if there is one move offensive tackles hate is a DE that can lean on the edges it creates so much much problems for a guy who has to get even lower to get you off balance, that's why I like Shaq Lawson in this draft he had the lean turn the edge type of rush. Also a lot of hand movements, those tackles and guards use a lot hands and hold on to you, you have to be able to combat that, there is a lot of "kungfu" going on in those trenches gotta get any hands off you the minute a tackle gets a hold of your inner pads might as well count yourself out of the play. I like pass rusher who has a plethora of moves, it shows he is not one dimensional or reliant on just one skill to beat his guy this is what I like the Kaufusi pick so much because this kid has moves for days. Then quickness off the snap is what you want mostly, you can have all the tools but if you don't have that quick twitch out of your stance then Olinemen will eat you up all day or they will just run plays to your side all day because of lack of explosion. This is why I like Correa he has the burst and speed to make up for any deficiencies he may have in his game rushing the passer. Suggs is good at everything, Doom is good at one thing, Ochi is a guy that really intrigues me because he has the make up of Doom everything he does resembles Doom a lot from what I've seen. Judon was a beast among boys I like his lean he has on the edges, he didn't have to use a lot of moves or hands in his college level because he was just so fast and strong, if he can refine his game he can be force.
    Last edited by Jsmoove; 05-12-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Blog Entries

alright we got Jeff and Paul who are military IT guys..I know you guys can't comment on much due to your jobs with the military but I want to ask one simple question with either a yes or no answer....is there anything we need to worry about in the very near future?

11. Re: Socializing The Board

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't have the room for a home theater, but I'm finishing my basement and considering a large TV. I was actually thinking of one of the curved TV's. Do you know much about them?
    Curve TV Pros:

-The sense of depth is enhanced
    - A wider field of view, bringing your peripheral vision into play.
    - Better contrast.

Cons:

-Limits viewing angle.
    - Best view is sitting dead center.
    - They have to be really big to be effective.
    - The cost.

For me the cons don't outweigh the pros. Especially when you factor in the cost. In your case if its in a man cave and you plan to have family/friends over, depending on where they sit their viewing angle may suck. Something to think about.

I may hit you up with some home theater design tips. Me and my fiancee just bought our first place and I wanan set up a man cave.

Cheers Jeff!
    No problem, just hit me up.

Blog Entries

Cheers Jeff!
    congrats Cole being a home owner is truly a slice of the american dream.