Could someone help me understand the popularity of the Chewbacca mom thing"

My wife showed me the video, and after 20 seconds or so I begged her to kill the feed. Then proceed to learn how this person was showered with $, gifts, and tv appearances.

I must be far removed from mainstream thought.

Re: Could someone help me understand the popularity of the Chewbacca mom thing"

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    My wife showed me the video, and after 20 seconds or so I begged her to kill the feed. Then proceed to learn how this person was showered with $, gifts, and tv appearances.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are our presumptive candidates for next President of the United States. At this point nothing surprises me.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post

yeah I don't get it either...especially the gifts part

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When was the last time you actually saw a person laughing out loud and enjoying the moment? Who didn't care what anyone thought and could have that type of a reaction to a mask? Was it stupid, damn right it was. But evidently she helped others have a laugh and they thought she should be rewarded for it. Not often someone posts something that really is embarrassing themselves.

Lighten up, Life's to short. And if you didn't like it, guess you weren't on the same level as others that did like it.

Personally, I saw it and turned it off. Some RSR responses are way more funny then her, LMAO. Just kidding, or am I, LOL?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    When was the last time you actually saw a person laughing out loud and enjoying the moment? Who didn't care what anyone thought and could have that type of a reaction to a mask? Was it stupid, damn right it was. But evidently she helped others have a laugh and they thought she should be rewarded for it. Not often someone posts something that really is embarrassing themselves.

Lighten up, Life's to short. And if you didn't like it, guess you weren't on the same level as others that did like it.

Personally, I saw it and turned it off. Some RSR responses are way more funny then her, LMAO. Just kidding, or am I, LOL?
    Good post. I agree. She was genuinely just having a good time and wanted to share her excitement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I didn't get it but whatever. Hey, I am happy for her people gave her some money and she got her 15 minutes.