Page 3 of 377 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 2017 Draft Thread -- because we have an unhealthy obsession

Corey Davis has his opportunity to skyrocket the board as WMU lost Daniel Braverman. They also lost Willie Beavers but the trio of HC-PJ Fleck, QB-Zach Terrell, and RB-Jamauri Bogan should help Davis be that All American.

Bpr, who does Fitz stand for in your sig?

@CB, gotta say I'm excited to see Jourdan Lewis take the next step alongside Jabrill Peppers, Harbs may find an easy connection with the Wolverines, but Lewis' movement skills should catch the eye of plenty ST coaches.

Re: 2017 Draft Thread -- because we have an unhealthy obsession

Cordrea Tankersley could be in play for CB. Doesn't have the pure cover skills of Mackensie Alexander, but is significantly bigger and plays like it. Good enough athlete to run with most receivers, and has the hips to stay at corner. He won't get thrown at this year at all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Draftnik View Post
    Corey Davis has his opportunity to skyrocket the board as WMU lost Daniel Braverman. They also lost Willie Beavers but the trio of HC-PJ Fleck, QB-Zach Terrell, and RB-Jamauri Bogan should help Davis be that All American.

Bpr, who does Fitz stand for in your sig?

@CB, gotta say I'm excited to see Jourdan Lewis take the next step alongside Jabrill Peppers, Harbs may find an easy connection with the Wolverines, but Lewis' movement skills should catch the eye of plenty ST coaches.
    Larry.

Clearly, it's unlikely that comes to town, but he fits Ozzie's profile of signing 29-30+ yr old WRs.
    I'm sure Fitz has no interest to play for any other team, but if ARI falls short again, who knows...?
    Otherwise, among the serviceable, 29-30 yo crowd you got Garcon, Manny Sanders, DJax (no way is he a Harbaugh guy) and VJax.

I'd take Sanders in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, if Jeffrey gets locked-up at $12M APY (roughly the lower-half of the young tier 1 WRs) then that will raise Sanders' asking price considerably (which is $5M APY) even though he is a different player and 4-5 years older. Sanders is not a #1, he's a #1A. In relation to our club's #1A's of the past, he's waaay more Boldin than Torrey. He actually has a lot of DMase in him IMO.

Thinking a bit more and going a bit OT...

If Wallace gives you an average (his statistical average) '16 that's 60 for 900 and 7; very much blowing out his ROI. That would be sweet.
    So maybe go after VJax (provided he makes it through '16 with no major injury) and sign him for a cheap-ish 1 or 2 year deal.
    If the wheels fall off VJax in '16 then look toward Garcon (currently $8.5M APY). He'll cost more than VJax, of course, but still relatively low going into his 31 year old season in '17.

Otherwise, the FA cupboard is bare.
    Just about everyone else in the NFL has their solid vet and/or young stud pass-catcher corps, but us, CLE, LAR and SFO.
    Smfh...the price of missing on Perriman (if that indeed becomes the case) is skyyyy-hiiiiiigh.

That said, it suddenly dawns on me that if Wallace disappoints (though again, he reallllly shouldn't based on his career seasonal avg) Ozzie might actually "have to" pay market value for SOMEone...whether Aiken, Sanders or some other cat.

Not a problem if Aiken lights it up, but I'm still not convinced that he can beat #1 CBs and pull in 9-12 TDs per year. I mean, is he as good as Marvin Jones (who has never had a 900 yard season, and averages 5 TDs/season)? I don't know, but Jones got $8M APY ffs.

I hope Aiken loses his mind in '16, but right now, I'd rather pay Manny $8-9.5M APY than Aiken $6.5-8M.

Wallace/Sanders (version 2) looks pretty nice on paper*. Throw in Mike Williams or Corey Davis or <enter your favorite prospect here> and that'd be great. Of course, you are going to have to throw a few extra mil at Wallace for his ego lol.

*Moore is a complete wild-card. Perriman is whatever you want to call him.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 08-19-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

In reference to Chris Moore's prospects for contributing in '16, here are the five rookies drafted 4th round or lower since 2000 that have racked up at least (a promising) 40 / 400 / 4:

Marques Colston
    Mike Williams (Syracuse)
    Austin Collie
    Stefon Diggs
    Johnny Knox

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/tiny/GQ7cW
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 08-22-2016 at 09:19 AM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    In reference to Chris Moore's prospects for contributing in '16, here are the five rookies drafted 4th round or lower since 2000 that have racked up at least (a promising) 40 / 400 / 4:

Marques Colston
    Mike Williams (Syracuse)
    Austin Collie
    Stefon Diggs
    Johnny Knox

What about Anquan Boldin?
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 08-21-2016 at 07:24 AM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What about Anquan Boldin?
    Boldin was a 2nd rounder.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Boldin was a 2nd rounder.
    Oh shit, was he? Damn my memory is gone. I just remember all of the talk about him after his debut and how he feel due to a poor 40 and separation issues. There was a lot of surprise over how well he did that year. Never realized he was still taken that high.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Marquis Coleman
    Mike Williams (Syracuse)
    Austin Collie
    Stefon Diggs
    Johnny Knox

I take it you mean Marques Colston?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I take it you mean Marques Colston?
    ...yup. Not sure where I came up with Marquis Coleman.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

...yup. Not sure where I came up with Marquis Coleman.
    The 2020 Draft?

Blog Entries

I'll admit, I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, I got his ass" and one of the next names that came to mind was Marques Colston. I looked it up just to be sure, before checking out your list and noticing the odd name at the top. Then, I said to myself, "Dang it, he's gotta mean Marques Colston".

Blog Entries

The Ravens need to land a difference maker in 2017.

Jabril Peppers would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.