Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

We're Trading Back- Mark It Down

I know there's a dozen draft threads going on now, but I wanted to put this down here in it's own thread, because it's happening:

We're going to trade down. Mark it down. Remember it. Bet on it.

Might be the Titans. Might be the Jets. Might even be the Browns.

But we're not picking at 6.

Re: We're Trading Back- Mark It Down

If Tunsil is on the board, I say no way the Ravens trade back. Ravens don't pick this high very often and get a chance to draft a top rated prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I know there's a dozen draft threads going on now, but I wanted to put this down here in it's own thread, because it's happening:

We're going to trade down. Mark it down. Remember it. Bet on it.

Might be the Titans. Might be the Jets. Might even be the Browns.

But we're not picking at 6.
    I predicted too, but not very confidently.

I think we all are guilty of talking ourselves out of just about every player on the board. After you downgrade everyone the natural tendency is to want to trade back to get a "better value." For me, it's Tunsil and Bosa whom I like less the more I view them, and have pushed Stanely and Buckner ahead of them on my board.

I picked Leaonard Floyd as that player worth tradiung back for.

But if people had originally put him in the top ten, we'd all be downgrading him as a skinny one-dimensional player.

But as it stands today, I think his warts are no worse than a slew of players looked at as top-ten, and why not get an extra pick and take him a few spots lower.

I suspect the Ravens front office is not as wishy washy about players worth taking at 6.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    If Tunsil is on the board, I say no way the Ravens trade back. Ravens don't pick this high very often and get a chance to draft a top rated prospect.
    I would imagine Tunsil's #1 on their board. So that's the likeliest scenario imo when they DON'T trade down.

However, I could see the Titans giving up some of those picks to jump back up and take him, and they'd feel pretty good about it even if they "overpaid." They'd still get the guy they wree going to take at #1, and they'd have whatever left over from the Rams trade.

And I think the Ravens would feel pretty good about who they could get at 15, w an extra 2nd and 4th rounder, let's say, vs. who they could get at 6.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I predicted too, but not very confidently.

I think we all are guilty of talking ourselves out of just about every player on the board. After you downgrade everyone the natural tendency is to want to trade back to get a "better value." For me, it's Tunsil and Bosa whom I like less the more I view them, and have pushed Stanely and Buckner ahead of them on my board.

I picked Leaonard Floyd as that player worth tradiung back for.

But if people had originally put him in the top ten, we'd all be downgrading him as a skinny one-dimensional player.

But as it stands today, I think his warts are no worse than a slew of players looked at as top-ten, and why not get an extra pick and take him a few spots lower.

I suspect the Ravens front office is not as wishy washy about players worth taking at 6.
    I just think, short of Tunsil and maybe Buckner, they're not in love w anybody in the top ten vs. the top 20. And both of those guys are probably gone before they pick.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

However, I could see the Titans giving up some of those picks to jump back up and take him, and they'd feel pretty good about it even if they "overpaid." They'd still get the guy they wree going to take at #1, and they'd have whatever left over from the Rams trade.
    That's what Mayock is predicting will happen. I'm very doubtful it will, but would be OK with it.

Blog Entries

said the same in the prediction thread but if they do pick someone at 6, I took Buckner. Guy can play all over the line.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    said the same in the prediction thread but if they do pick someone at 6, I took Buckner. Guy can play all over the line.
    I think he's probably #2 on their board, and I think he's gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    That's what Mayock is predicting will happen. I'm very doubtful it will, but would be OK with it.
    I think Mayock predicted #6 for #15 and #33. I think we squeeze another top 100 pick out of them or we don't do it. And I think the Titans give in.

Blog Entries

Either Tunsil or Ramsey has to be there at #6 to trade down. I can't see any other player being attractive enough for a team to trade up and get.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Either Tunsil or Ramsey has to be there at #6 to trade down. I can't see any other player being attractive enough for a team to trade up and get.
    I think it's very possible somebody's going to want the 3rd QB and feel the need to get in front of SF and Cle to assure it happens.

Said it before, but I'll say it again. I don't think that the Ravens have the Player X or trade down mentality that so many here do.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco