Page 4 of 255 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The NFL Live Draft Thread - DRAFT DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree. It's huge for them. Once in a life time experience.

I'll be honest - if that shit came to DC or Baltimore? I'd try and get tix to go.
    If the opportunity was there for me to go, I'd try to go as well if it were that close. (I live in NC) I'd like to experience at least once

If you're of the mindset that you're going to spoil the thread by posting picks before they're announced by Goodell or whomever - YOUR POSTING PRIVILEGES WILL BE TERMINATED FOR THE DURATION OF THE DRAFT.
    I'm going to reiterate this with some emphasis.
    If I catch wind of somebody violating this request I very well might put you on a vacation longer then the 3 day draft.
    Seriously....Please do not ruin this for others that really want to see the announcements as they happen on TV.
    I'll be periodically checking in when I can.

Ryan Fitzpatrick says he'd retire before taking Jets offer.

Hey Ozzie...dangle that 6th pick in front of the Jets...move down and get their 20th pick, 2nd rounder, and maybe a 6th round pick or something.
    I was eye balling them a little earlier today as a potential trade partner but I'm not too high on dropping back that far.

That far back, I want their #1 next year!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

I was eye balling them a little earlier today as a potential trade partner but I'm not too high on dropping back that far.

:word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Alabama LB Reggie Ragland may be off of some team's boards due to an enlarged aorta (heart/artery).

I could see how that would worry some teams. No one wants a player to have a heart attack on the field.
    Has nothing to do with "a heart attack." Has everything to do with the possibility of an aortal aneurysm. Which is far, far, far worse. Your big blood tube goes *pop* & you have maybe 10 minutes to live.

I have an enlarged aorta. Freaked my PCP the hell out when it was found on an echocardiogram looking for a bum valve. Three CAT scans with iodine followed & found no deterioration of the wall of the blood vessel & no change in size over a year. We finally concluded it was a feature, not a bug, & it hasn't affected me at all over the last >dozen years since.

I suspect that Ragland's case is similar, a simple structural peculiarity, & it would be a damn shame if the kid tumbles down the draft boards because no one's had time to test for arterial wall damage or get a handle on the rate of enlargement, if any. (Of course, if the Ravens thereby could snap him up in a later round, tant mieux.)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Has nothing to do with "a heart attack." Has everything to do with the possibility of an aortal aneurysm. Which is far, far, far worse. Your big blood tube goes *pop* & you have maybe 10 minutes to live.

I have an enlarged aorta. Freaked my PCP the hell out when it was found on an echocardiogram looking for a bum valve. Three CAT scans with iodine followed & found no deterioration of the wall of the blood vessel & no change in size over a year. We finally concluded it was a feature, not a bug, & it hasn't affected me at all over the last >dozen years since.

I suspect that Ragland's case is similar, a simple structural peculiarity, & it would be a damn shame if the kid tumbles down the draft boards because no one's had time to test for arterial wall damage or get a handle on the rate of enlargement, if any. (Of course, if the Ravens thereby could snap him up in a later round, tant mieux.)
    Interesting and thanks for the medical correction(s).

I'm going to reiterate this with some emphasis.
    If I catch wind of somebody violating this request I very well might put you on a vacation longer then the 3 day draft.
    Seriously....Please do not ruin this for others that really want to see the announcements as they happen on TV.
    I'll be periodically checking in when I can.

also make sure folks dont start discussing picks early. last year folks were saying OMG look who ___ picked meaning it was off the wall pick.

Blog Entries

He and I are the same age (same birthday actually - fun fact)...I could see him hanging up his cleats. He's a smart guy. He's made some good money and he'll be 34 during the season.
    I could see him retiring too but that's not going to change how the Jets approach this draft. Fitzpatrick isn't on the team. They've planned the draft based on the nobodies they have on the roster. They're not ripping up those plans because of anything Fitzpatrick says.

I feel bad for Fitz who is coming off a great season and watching guys who have done nothing get paid huge money. Unfortunately the market has spoken and he needs to accept it or retire. There are a lot of predictions that the 49ers will trade Kaepernick to the Broncos during the draft. If that happens and Fitz wants to play he better just accept the $8 million because there just won't be the enough interested teams that he needs to drive his price up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    also make sure folks dont start discussing picks early. last year folks were saying OMG look who ___ picked meaning it was off the wall pick.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Just posted this in the "predict the pick" thread, but I guess it's better suited in here, so here it is again....

1 hr to go. The excitement increases. Cheers my fellow Ravens fans, may you all enjoy the draft tonight, no matter what the Ravens FO decides to do.
    Luckily because our FO is so good, my reaction, regardless of who it is, will be something along the lines of "hmmm, so that's who they had rated highest. Can't wait to watch him."

Unless it's Elliot. Please, God, just not Elliot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I could see him retiring too but that's not going to change how the Jets approach this draft. Fitzpatrick isn't on the team. They've planned the draft based on the nobodies they have on the roster. They're not ripping up those plans because of anything Fitzpatrick says.

I feel bad for Fitz who is coming off a great season and watching guys who have done nothing get paid huge money. Unfortunately the market has spoken and he needs to accept it or retire. There are a lot of predictions that the 49ers will trade Kaepernick to the Broncos during the draft. If that happens and Fitz wants to play he better just accept the $8 million because there just won't be the enough interested teams that he needs to drive his price up.
    It is a shame and I have to believe that the biggest thing holding him back from getting a bigger contract is his age. He's also pretty limited. He's a great fit for Chan Gailey's offense, but he may not be as successful in other offenses.

I know if I were a team, I'd rather Fitz than a lot of other QB's out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    Luckily because our FO is so good, my reaction, regardless of who it is, will be something along the lines of "hmmm, so that's who they had rated highest. Can't wait to watch him."

Unless it's Elliot. Please, God, just not Elliot
    Hope you have some brews ready in the event that the Ravens call Zeke's name.

FTR - I don't think they'll draft Zeke. They have a full house in the backfield right now and while I do firmly believe Zeke is better than any of them, I dont know that he's SO much better than all of them to pack another RB into that meeting room and have to cut some good players come August.

I'm also really pulling for Trent Richardson. He showed a lot of promise his rookie year.

Blog Entries

Definitely!

My back burner concern is that if we drop to 20 (getting a 2017 1st) we could also trade out of the 1st from there (unlikely but we traded out in 2010 and 2012 from 25 and from 29)

I'd want another 2017 1st plus ammo to move around from the 4th to the 3rd a couple of times (along with the 2nds)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old